Verizon disappointed that iPhone 5 didn't come out in June
1. blessed2bamommie (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 03:55 0 0
I am too which is why I didn't bother with 4 since it came out in Feb! Also it can't talk & surf! Will that change with 5 or is that a CDMA thing?
6. jroc74 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 06:55 0 0
That is a CDMA thing. But the Thunderbolt can do it cuz it has the hardware to do it. So its possible the iPhone 5 may do it if it uses similar hardware.
14. cdma (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 17:20 0 0
how can you say its a cdma thing, then say thunderbolt can talk and surf. Is that not a cdma phone? HMMMMMM! That was a neat answer.
17. Wow (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 21:48 0 0
coma your an idiot the thunderbolt is a LTE phone so that is why it can surf fool
19. UserA (unregistered) posted on 14 Aug 2011, 15:31 0 0
the thunderbolt will do talk and surf on 3g(evdo) service as well as when on LTE.
2. b mitch (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 03:56 0 0
THIS IS THE NEW IPHONE 5http://ilovepwnage.com/video.p
3. anjahl posted on 12 Aug 2011, 04:00 1 0
Cdma devices can not talk and surf at the same time. i do believe a cdma device with lte can talk and surf at the same time but im not sure.
13. VZWeastbay (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 14:32 0 1
I dont know why talking & surfing is a big issue, 99% of the people I know have never or ever think of doing it. If you have a 3G CDMA smartphone and want to talk and surf at the same time, just turn on your WiFi and the problem is solved. Last but not least, 4G LTE does allow you to talk & surf at the same time anywhere 4G LTE is available.
4. lubbalots (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 04:07 1 1
Obviously Apple wants to disrupt the competition, upon hearing wp7 new devices are coming from Nokia and others and Mango release. Shall we say "party crashers." sonds like some fear hovering above Jobs head.
7. jroc74 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 06:59 0 1
I would be too, thats about 4 months of revenue not in their pockets right now. Thats ok...when it launches they will be happy. Can probably see another sales record coming.
The iPhone 5 coming when other Android phones are coming in Sept....will be interesting to see which gets more attention from Verizon...Droid advertising or iPhone advertising...
9. M0nkeyBr posted on 12 Aug 2011, 08:55 1 1
Look at least you got a IPhone Verizon
Apple made a first CDMA IPhone for you (remember that)
10. Whitemeat (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 09:33 0 0
Remember that Apple didn't just make the CDMA Iphone for Verizon, its also to line their own pockets! Not to mentions get Verizon customers ready for the next version. I think we all know that Apple doesn't just do things to be nice, but rather for the money!
11. gallitoking posted on 12 Aug 2011, 12:44 0 1
Verizon shut up you greedy bastards.. the iphone 4 brought you record breaking sales... and here you are ...now.. if it wasnt for the great coverage here in AZ I would have drop you faster than a T-Bolt restart..
12. JALangton (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 13:49 0 0
the iphone 4 works on cdma which is unable to do calling and data at the same time. Verizons new standard is LTE. There is speculation that the iphone 5 might have LTE in it but being that AT&T has confirmed that it will not have any lte phones this year and based on apples trends i doubt that they will release an lte iphone 5 for verizon and a non lte for att so i wouldnt hold your breath
15. Gcombs (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 20:10 0 0
2012 is when were supposed to see a LTE version of the iPhone. So it looks like we have to wait for AT&T to have more LTE markets up and running while Verizon already has a huge footprint of LTE already available but overall big sales for both carriers in America.
16. wolverinexmen9 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 21:44 0 0
If this was posted 18 hours ago in August, then its about 2 months out dated. Did verizon just wake up and find out the iphone 5 didnt come out in June?
18. mkl4466 posted on 13 Aug 2011, 15:06 0 0
CDMA phones have one radio that handles both 1x voice and EVDO data. the thunderbolt has 2 chips, one for 1x voice and the other for both EVDO and LTE data, so its able to sustain both a voice data signal simultaneously, whether in a 4gareaor not.