Upcoming Desire 8 phablet teased by HTC
It was mentioned that a 13 MP camera will be gracing the handset, bidding adieu to the UltraPixel brand here, while a 5 MP shooter is rumored for the front. HTC's teaser image confirms the leaked render we saw last week, so in terms of design a seemingly polycarbonate body will be on tap, available in white, red, yellow, orange and cyan. HTC's signature BoomSound speaker setup can also be seen at the front, yet with different grill covers than what we have on the HTC One, for instance.
2. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I think it will be called Desire 8, not Desire 800. Because the number 8 is a lucky number to Chinese peoples.
3. Birds (Posts: 957; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I hope this sexy little plastic thing comes to T-mobile with support for their HSPA+ because its about that time I give this Optimus L9 to my little cousin.
4. Kishin (Posts: 578; Member since: 30 May 2013)
This might be better than the M8 If the specs are right.
6. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2089; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The Desire series has typically been HTC's low to mid range category of devices. What makes you think it might be better than the M8? Do you mean better for the price or just better in general?
8. Kishin (Posts: 578; Member since: 30 May 2013)
The design looks better than these leaks I been seeing.
9. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2089; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
So, you think it will be better because you think it looks better? That's pretty lame. I'd rather have a very capable ugly phone than a less capable beautiful phone. Just my opinion.
5. newbey123 (Posts: 373; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
If this is this good, I hope the new Max is better, because I would prefer the aluminum M8 design.
7. Birds (Posts: 957; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I might be weird but I love sturdy plastic with the paint all the way through it. It feels more premium than aluminum to me. LOL.
11. miguelmeza14 (Posts: 54; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
Specs according to LlabTooFer:
Processor: Quadcore Snapdragon 400 1.2Ghz (MSM8926)
Display: 5.5 inch 720p resolution
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
On screen Buttons
12. afegit (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
I dont understand why HTC didnt use this design for their flagship, instead doing a Samsung and looking the same with the One 2. This company gon get rekt by SS again this year
13. 7Superman9 (Posts: 69; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
So you mean like every other manufacturer who use the same flagship design year after year and have a bigger market share than htc.....
Cause they're obviously not successful right???
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2089; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
According to this guy, Samsung is only company that keeps that same look for a flagship two years in a row. ***facepalm***
14. Millenialssux (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Bezels on this thing suck! Wasted space making a phone bigger than it has to be. No wonder HTC is not long for this world.