The first Windows Phone 8.1 handsets from Micromax are the Canvas Win W121 and Canvas Win W092
The Micromax Canvas Win W121 is the largest among the two smartphones. It sports a 5-inch 720p IPS display, featuring an 8MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP front-facing camera, quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of expandable internal memory, and a 2,000 mAh battery. The Win W121 has a faux-leather rear, and will cost 9,500 INR ($158).
Priced at 6,500 INR ($108), the Micromax Canvas Win W092 comes with the same Snapdragon 200 processor, plus 1GB of RAM, 8GB of storage space, and microSD card support. However, its screen is only a 4-inch WVGA one, while the cameras aren’t on par with what the Win W121 is offering: 5MP on the back, and VGA on the front.
For now, only the Canvas Win W121 can be seen in official renders. Interestingly, the handset is mistakenly shown over at Micromax’s website as having Android-like software keys.
With the Canvas Win W121 and Canvas Win W092, Micromax became India’s first smartphone maker to officially introduce Windows Phone products. Xolo should follow soon.
Micromax Canvas Win W121
1. Basharhd99 (Posts: 31; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Why does the third photo have android buttons?
14. AfterShock (Posts: 2985; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
My bad, I must certainly have glazed over that part.
15. brrunopt (Posts: 552; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Its missing the "why" ..
they would be stupid to create a render of a device with windows and put andoird buttons on it...
Its because this is basically a Android device in withc they put WP , Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121
20. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 795; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I meant Cortex-A7 or Cortex-A5? Snapdragon 200 has Cortex-A7 variants too
6. fzacek (Posts: 2229; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
What's the difference between the Snapdragon 200 and 400 if both are quad-core 1.2GHz?
10. aditya.k (Posts: 482; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
S200 has Adreno 302 GPU instead of 305 in the S400!
12. j.khan95 (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Further i guess s200 uses four cortex a5 instead of a7 but i am not sure,
16. brrunopt (Posts: 552; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
No, there are S200 with A5 and A7 , this uses A7..
8. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Stuck reading titles only eh? Lol
Tbh I like the idea of these lower brands bringing phones out on Windows phone
18. LoveHater (Posts: 164; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
rethink,,, these lower branded oem have replaced Samsung in tablet shipping in India
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
All these new WP OEM's are gonna seriously strengthen WP's market share in 2014, and 2015.. I seriously believe that it can be at around 10% by the end of 2015.
13. gaara6775 (Posts: 517; Member since: 20 May 2014)
good competition to Nokia in low end devices. people will buy this as whenever it comes to low end devices people prefer MMX :D
17. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Now these phones will definitely sell like hot cakes. Along with XOLO & Karbonn's new WP offferings, future Celkon WPs, local American manufacturers selling their WPs in Latin America (sorry I don't remember their names), alleged WP version of the One M8 and the ever reliable WPs from Nokia/MS, and more OEMs on board, the future definitely looks bright for WP, despite what some haters may say. I see them hitting at least 10% marketshare worldwide by end of 2015 and more than 5% by end of this year.
19. brrunopt (Posts: 552; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Its called Blu
Also Prestigio from Cyprus (sell acros europe) and Wiko resells Micromax on europe too