The Apple logo on the iPhone 6 could be a notification light
3. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2057; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
That is actually an awesome and useful feature. Quite hating.
7. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Since when the notification light become useful feature for the ifans?
12. wilsong17 (Posts: 1076; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Lol it will be the same with 5 inch iPhone they will call it revolutionary
40. amats69 (Posts: 1125; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
why bother asking? u will not buy this phone btw..
53. techperson211 (Posts: 709; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Wow aside from .7 inch increase in screen size now this apple logo notification . Truly revolutionary . Not to mention the great optimization of battery to hug a wall.
55. techperson211 (Posts: 709; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Led notification at the back . Brilliant idea to have your phone facing down to see if there's any pending text/email or whatever .
17. SellPhones82 (Posts: 561; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Is it really as useful when it's on the back of the phone...how often do you look at the back? So you'd need to leave it face down all the time to even utilize it and then flip your phone over when you're actually getting a call so you can see who it is, or to read a text/email.
36. kzat82 (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Dec 2013)
Of course it's an awesome and useful features. How do you know?
I'll tell you: "just like some Android devices have done for over 4 years"
It's good enough to steal!
37. rallyguy (Posts: 572; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
If it only lights up, then that is pointless and the only purpose it serves is so you can walk around with an Apple billboard.
If it serves as a notification light, I guess it would be helpful. But won't do much good since the phone is usually sitting on its back side anway. Also the owner should be able to turn it off.
As long as the user has control over it, I say go for it. Even better, make it bright and it could serve as a flashlight.
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Usually people don't keep their phone screen down while it is on the table so why put notification led on the back?
Also what about cases, not all cases has hole on the back?
31. JC557 (Posts: 1150; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
If true then maybe it'll also be lit while the display is on as well like on their MacBooks, though a small white LED on the front face would've made more sense and it can be just as stylish like the front LED on mentioned laptops.
They could've also went with a light ring around the home button or go the Xperia route and light up a thin strip along the bottom of the device. That would looks pretty cool and be functional.
38. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
True! That could be a solution but if not then it is fail.
42. marcski07 (Posts: 507; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
"Also what about cases, not all cases has hole on the back?"
it's simple, case makers will not make cases w/o hole in the back, every generation of iP's has it's own cases.
43. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Also true but not for external battery cases.
47. marcski07 (Posts: 507; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
you got a point bout that. :D but I never used external battery cases, so I didn't know it will be a problem. heh. :p
49. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Don't be surprised if Apple starts selling cases too!
44. marcski07 (Posts: 507; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
this is a cool feature. whatever they say, it's a cool feature, but this will decrease battery's life, so, it all boils down how will apple manage this new feature... I love glowing brand logos, this is a off topic but i actually bought an NZXT kraken x60 and sapphire r9 270x toxic for the glowing lights. HAHA! and yet again, apple seems to be, the first to add this feature, (first for most popular brands) hope sony wp lg samsung will add this feature/gimmick, yes this feature is non sense, but i love beautiful devices with glowing logo.. it adds a wow factor... :D
16. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3221; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Notification light should not be rear facing. Not to mention that it will be covered by some cases out there, because I know that some of those over protective cases won't have holes in them
26. Liveitup (Posts: 1509; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
If Android did it I wonder how many would have reacted the same way?, just curious.
33. JC557 (Posts: 1150; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I would have. Heck I don't even like the workaround for Samsung phones that don't have a notification LED.
The lit up logo on the rear can look pretty nice but it'll get old pretty quick IMO. I felt the same about the Apple logo on my MacBook Pro.
56. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1647; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Everyone would. Having a notification light on the back is just plain stupid. Also..Android is an OS and doesn't make phones
4. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
It's made for better reception.
We all know that the aluminium tin-can is the worst material for smartphones, so any trick to avoid even a little some of the disadvantages, is welcome .
10. Finalflash (Posts: 1879; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Hah, good one, hopefully you were joking.
51. fzacek (Posts: 2113; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Dude, you're taking this Apple hating a little too seriously...
5. Planterz (Posts: 1010; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
An iPhone with a notification light? Wow, such innovation!
6. Planterz (Posts: 1010; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
One that's useless if you put it in a case....
8. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
The hole in the case will do the job.
But this is not for notification light. It's for better reception(and may be NFC)
9. apple4never (Posts: 971; Member since: 08 May 2013)
wish my macbook had this, too bad it runs on the backlight. Knowing apple, i doubt it would happen, it would be sick though
11. gehrig (Posts: 197; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
Interesting, but I think it's just for better reception. more room for the signals to flow through.
13. kkmkk (Posts: 95; Member since: 06 May 2013)
wow how much the ifans are poor
hey dont even have notification light !!!!!!!!!!!! wtf hhahahahahahahahah :-)
58. AfterShock (Posts: 2905; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Do you know the name,
Of the one whom sets the traps, you trip,
Crossing his bridge?
Has big brown boots,
Tall crazy out of control green Kramer hair,
An lastly, has a green shiny jewel for a belly button?
Quick cross the bridge NOW!
Or, flip a quarter over the side.
You have encountered and survived a troll attack, bonus +1.
15. Settings (Posts: 629; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
I think its pretty cool that the Apple logo lits up in an iPhone.
46. marcski07 (Posts: 507; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
rainbow color, old logo of apple, hipster will rejoice. :)))))))))))))
19. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
maybe rim around the touch ID sensor is front led notifier bcuz only back side notifier is not good
35. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
The rim that is used around Touch ID already has a purpose. It is a pressure trigger that lets the sensor know to read the finger print.
67. marcski07 (Posts: 507; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
it'll be cool if they got that feature. i think LG already done that?
20. vuyonc (Posts: 351; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Judging by all these rumours, iPeople should brace themselves for even worse battery life.
22. nctx77 (Posts: 557; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
It's called a on/off switch. It's not that serious dude.
23. diehardnokian (Posts: 72; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
if this is a notification light, then it'll be the largest one among all:O
24. practical (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
Still with the same ugly (white) strips.Hope they don't appear in the final version
27. TrePharaoh (Posts: 35; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
I doubt it's a notification light. And I doubt those lines on the back will be that thick on the final version of the iPhone 6.
28. DillWeed (Posts: 81; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
They should ' ve gone with all plastic because those strips don't go together with the back at all. It can't be the final version (if it is then that's a stupid call).
30. practical (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
True. Otherwise maybe have to look at something like the Samsung Galaxy F (Prime) then, if a compact 4.7 inch version exists with the Snapdragon 805 or latest Exynos specs
34. quakan (Posts: 1215; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Who would take this junk "leak" to be realistic.
39. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 430; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
For the iPhone that trumps it's front facing home button so you can easily power it on I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt. It would be neat but it seems conflicting.
61. JC557 (Posts: 1150; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Maybe there will be front notification light and still have the logo on the back light up as a design choice a la MacBook. It didn't really serve a practical purpose on those laptops as it was just marketing and brand prestige.
69. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 430; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I won't rule it out but Apple's approach with iOS devices has always been very minimalist, all aspects of the product are (somewhat) justified. A light the just "looks cool" on a device spending some time in your pocket seems unlikely to me.
For me a front facing notification light around the Touch ID button would look far better and be much more practical, but I've never cared for logo-trumping anyways.