Sony Xperia Z3 full specs sheet pops in the wild: 600 nits screen, thinner chassis
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2699; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Finally today there has been some actual positives about the Z3 line! Caaan't wait!
24. Ashoaib (Posts: 1837; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
upgrades are pretty minor... not much difference between z2 & z3, just a refresher of z2... how it will workout from sales point of view? I think sony might have worked on battery optimizations and the battery will out class z2 which already has good endurance
30. CoastCity (Posts: 98; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
I like the new design better and I see copper color not the rumored amber.
Thought it would be smaller though. The good thing is that they kept
1080p with 3gb ram and increased the nits.
And it doesn't say anything about stereo speakers,
it just say DUAL AUDIO OUTPUT
33. neops (Posts: 166; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
I disagree about audio. It says:
Audio: Stereo speakers, Digital Noise Canceling
HP support Hi-Res Audio Dual Output DSEE HX
I think "Hi-Res Audio Dual Output" is for the DSEE HX wireless audio
36. CoastCity (Posts: 98; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
I wish they launch 32Gb model for not to micromanage apps to get around the onboard memory space of just under 12Gb"
52. enzotarece (Posts: 21; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Yea but what about iPhones coming up the upgrade line
38. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5719; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Sounds like the '3 is a life cycle refresh of the '2.
Either way, unless Sony makes the '3 available for multiple carriers, it will be a sales fail in the U.S.
2. TisaTsir (Posts: 57; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
I hope they've improved the camera and stereo speakers.
18. Diezparda (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
The OS? i think such flawless OS never existed
39. BobbyDigital (Posts: 220; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I see no weakness in the Android OS but I do see weakness in you: Trolling.
41. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Emulators are allowed on Android, as is side-loading...you can get apps from Google Play, AppBrain, Amazon Appstore, or anywhere else you can get your hands on an .APK file...something that's hard to do (but not impossible) on iOS. On the other hand, the iTunes Appstore won't allow anything with downloadable code (emulators, Flash).
You can change the app launcher (home screen), the default keyboard and Web browser on Android...things you can't do on iOS. If Apple includes it in iOS, chances are you're stuck with it...unless you jailbreak.Pos, useless.
42. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Android likes to tout its open platform over Apple's closed, walled garden. Reader note this opens up tons of possibilities on the Google Play Store (versus the iTunes App Store): prison OS.
Tell me iBoy, do you like being, what you can't do?
You are free, just like Android.
32. Sealblaighter (Posts: 42; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
No weakness? I will tell you one:only 16 GB storage, and no option of 32 GB for those who dislike memory card slots.
35. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
No Cooper version
No Titanium version
No Carbon fibre version
No shiny stainless steel 18.8 and grade 310
No Brass version
Sony please loose half-inch at the bottom and quarter of an inch at the top
43. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Nice one Bro. How's life Bobby?
Bob, where's Wahuwishnu and Nicolas oliver?
They haven't posted for 2 weeks.
Lmao, got 3 warnings last week, for saying Mxzy, Darkk and Jake.
49. BobbyDigital (Posts: 220; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I'm good Arte!
I do believe Wacky Wahu and Nikolas got limited. I know Wacky's time out is up but he hasn't come back. Guess he gave up. Lol
So you got warnings and those trolls didn't? Unreal, dude. And unfair. Those are three of the biggest trolls around.
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2951; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Hope they improved the audio output level for headphones. Overall, it seems like a rather minimal update to the Z2.
5. JMartin22 (Posts: 862; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Perfect phone, no weaknesses? It's barely even an upgrade, even worse than iterative iPhone to iPhone S variants. It's already going to be obsolete and out of the loop on the hardware front before they even publicly unveil it.
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2951; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Some good points, but I wonder if we are seeing the effects of Qualcomm's failure to ship any real chip upgrades this year.
What can Sony do? They can skip the refresh and wait for next year's chips, but then they are left with a somewhat stale phone during the holiday season.
I just hope Sony didn't bungle anything in making the phone thinner so it ends up worse than the Z2. 600 nits on an IPS is not going to be easy on the battery life.
22. josephnero (Posts: 305; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
It may be White magic so 75% less power consumption
45. xtremesv (Posts: 207; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
How come obsolete? Spec wise Z3 will be up to date compared with the other flagships around (except the overkill QHD display of LG G3). And about the design some people criticize, that's so subjective.
7. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I wonder how they can make a promo video for this phone. You know, every manufacturer will make a promo video of their phones to show what's special of the phone and all those details. I can't really imagine how can Sony make a promo video of the Z3, since it's not much difference from the Z2.
15. pyradark (Posts: 767; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
You know sony, tgey dont ad. By actual specs. They used things to represent the features of the phone like the z2 ads.
16. aba71983 (Posts: 127; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Wait for the iPhone 6 and I'm sure they will have video, hehe!
8. a_tumiwa (Posts: 261; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
so its not Quantum Dot display yet?? i hope someday we have a phone with Quantum dot display
9. Taters (Posts: 2819; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Wow! The Z2 was a gigantic bezel monster that was too big just the Z1 was. They really should have made thus the same size as the Z. This isn't more compact at all basically.
11. rd_nest (Posts: 767; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Why bother releasing this phone? Not a single advantage over Z2. I don't consider 0.7 inch thinner as an advantage.
21. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
It's actually a step back having a smaller battery yet faster CPU and brighter display, they should've just left the Z2 and made a Z Ultra successor.
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2430; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Beast phone but waiting for the compact
44. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Where have you been?
Posting after some time.
13. robcar (Posts: 77; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
How can it even be called Z3 with this small of changes.
If it was Samsung S6, kids would spam garbage over commentary fields.
47. Federated (Posts: 218; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
the difference is Sony release their flagship every six months. Samsung release their Galaxy S flagship once a year.
17. galanoth (Posts: 312; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
I wonder why they aren't going 805.
Many flagship Fall/Winter phones will be 805.
23. jeeta444 (Posts: 126; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
32 bit structure.(android L will be 64 bit)
more heat release.
more consumption of battery.
lte modem doesn't come integreted with chip.
s805 isn't a big upgrade over s801. but s805 handles QHD screens better.
19. f35hunter (Posts: 77; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
I think that the z2 is perfect for everyday use but need some improvement and that improvements came with z3 with less modification to reduce cost on sony.
so the z3 would be perfect for those who came from z1 while the z4 will be perfect for those who came from z2 . this mess went because of sony sh*tty 6 months cycle
20. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Faster CPU + Brighter Display put together with a smaller battery, oh Sony. -_-
25. jeeta444 (Posts: 126; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
i think you better say it for galaxy alpha (1800 mah ).Z3 packs a new battery tech which will revealed at ifa.so dont worry about battery.
31. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
What does any of this have to do with the Alpha exactly?
I am going to worry about battery even more now, as whenever Sony bring new tech the 1st implementation is like a Beta test, so I am truly concerned now, they've taken a risk lessening the capacity.
53. Genza (Posts: 155; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
If I'm not mistaken you are esato forum members, and I'm sure you already know that the Z3 comes with New type polymer battery wth longer charing cycles and better consistency, thinner than before.
At least that was said by one of the forum members.
I think the reason why he mentions alpha probably because you're almost always criticized Sony both in esato or PA.
But at the same time you always praise and defend samsung.
so why you not truly concerned they've taken a risk lessening the capacity when samsung announced galaxy alpha?
27. bakarock (Posts: 52; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
ONE GRAVE MISTAKE, SNAPDRAGON 801 WITH THE PRICE OF NEW RELEASED FLAGSHIP... THIS GONNA MAKE SONY BEING LEFT BEHIND AFTER CATCHING UP WITH EVERYONE WITH XPERIA Z1 (Snapdragon 800)..Yes, this is SPEC WAR value for MONEY ratio...
28. Amir1 (Posts: 262; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
nobody cares about 805. it's either 801 or 810 that will come next year. a person that goes to buy a new phone that has an old phone won't give a S**T about not having 805. not having 805 is not a deal breaker at all.
48. Taters (Posts: 2819; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I care. It should always be the latest and cutting edge if available. That is exactly the reason the Moto X and Xperia Z was doomed to begin with.
37. zmtfatzombie (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
Am I the only one here who's expecting z3's headphone audio output to be more than 1volt ?
46. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2951; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I'd certainly like to see a high quality high voltage headphone audio output, similar or better than the HTC One M8. But knowing Sony, actually expecting it would just lead to disappointment.
50. fzacek (Posts: 1580; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Smaller battery is a really stupid compromise...
51. gigaraga (Posts: 865; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Wow. That is horrible. It's virtually the same. I mean the SAME. Z1 should be ZS, Z2 should be Z1 and Z3 should be Z2S. zzzzzzzzz