Some Nexus 5 orders will face weeks-long delay
Those who have already received a shipping confirmation should not be concerned by the message. For the rest of you out there, you will have to remain patient until we get more information from Google. And for the latter, this is a pretty big set back considering that the tech titan was trying to avoid a repeat of last year's launch of the Nexus 4 that saw global shortages of the device lead to unhappy customers who were turned away without being able to buy any variant of the phone.
This time around, it seems that LG might have had a better handle on the demand for the Nexus 5, and enough devices came rolling off the line. If Google's posting is to be believed, the problem is with order processing, not with the number of devices available. We still don't know how many units are involved, so the hope is that this is not a widespread problem.
source: Google via Phandroid
54. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
ditto. mine shipped out this morning. paid extra for 2 day shipping. i should have it by monday or tuesday at the latest.
55. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5605; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It does seem to be something of a hit or miss with Google and their phones. The N7 tablet has ample stock. But the N phones is another matter. It is a shame, cause the N5 seems to be a good phone spec-wise.
60. imMature (Posts: 79; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
No, Nexus phones has more orders than the tablets.. People like to buy phone more often than tablets.
44. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3318; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Or a poor way to cause artificial shortage. Google is a billion dollar company. I don't buy it that they can't afford a more efficient logistics system to meet demand of a phone. There's no excuse whatsoever.
46. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Apple causes it thru those "fake" yield stories on every launch you mean?
66. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"I don't buy it that they can't afford a more efficient logistics system..."
So you are buying logistics system or a smartphone?
And why you didn't said that when Apple's iPhone 5S was out of stock?
In other words try to toll harder! :D
3. jarnts (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
Mine still says shipping November 8th; hoping it will stay that way
20. mr.techdude (Posts: 542; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Ohhh @jarnts, its a multi billion dollar company and they have issues, eehh to that. :\
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 10527; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Let em circulate, then get it on Craigslist.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Why don't you get your iPhone on craigslist...
26. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
He is an Apple troll pretending to be Samsung lover too. When he has to shed the image of being a "Samsung lover too" he has another ID to use.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes, I know, he is a fake personality.
35. Sauce (unregistered)
Why are you so against him? Spread love :)
42. darkkjedii (Posts: 10527; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Kinda stupid responses by them bro, that's why I didn't bother responding. Think about it, people will by tons of these to resale, which was my point. They're just too stupid to understand that. PAU didn't need to get my iPhone on Craigslist, I was second in line hater, rustic you're not even worth the effort. +1 sauce
45. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And yet you responded ... shows what a troll u are :)
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 10527; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And will continue to respond to dummies like you. You need to be educated, and I'm up for the task. I don't care how mad you get, like it or not Craigslist will be saturated with those phones in a week or two, just like all the note 3's s4's, and iPhones now. Your trolling hater responses won't change that fact. See I responded troll
68. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
>> Think about it, people will by tons of these to resale,
Oh by the way it is buy and not by ... you happen to correct others a lot but looks like you were mad while typing your reply :)
67. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"PAU didn't need to get my iPhone on Craigslist, I was second in line hater..."
In your fake story. :D
33. wilsong17 (Posts: 818; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
u mean like all the overprice iphone i see on craigslist
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 10527; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yeah and the tons of over, and under priced androids I see on there.
6. NoComment (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Sep 2013)
Does this mean that if my order hasn't shipped, but is still pending, my nexus 5 won't leave the warehouse in the 2-3 weeks they have posted?
38. NoComment (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Sep 2013)
Argh, I don't think I can handle that, I check my email every hour just in case something happens, and I don't want to do that for more than two weeks )':
75. jimv1983 (Posts: 21; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
That is the position I'm in. Ordered in the first 20 minutes of going on sale. Said it would ship BY November 5th(yesterday). Still "Pending" and the pending transaction has dropped from my credit card. Credit card company says everything is fine on their side. Google is "looking into the issue".
8. Sesameopen (Posts: 106; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Mine will leave factory in 3-4 weeks -_-
10. E.S.1 (Posts: 289; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Hmm..... What should I do?
I'm up for an upgrade with AT&T and I'm afraid it may take months before they have Nexus 5 in stock.
I may get the LG G2 for now. It's pretty close to N5?!
12. sniper1087 (Posts: 351; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Except it doesnt run 4.4 kitkat, and hardware is not really the same, the G2 has ugly glossy plastic back like the S4 and awkward rear buttons, and I tried to get used to it with the knock knock feature, but it worked half the time only and when in landscape the buttons are usually even more awkward. With the nexus you get straight updates from google, and all the nice kit kat features for such a cheap price out of contract.
34. tech2 (Posts: 1893; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Just get a $20-30 phone until your Nexus arrives. You would still end up saving if you don't pay for G2 which is significantly higher.
Plus you would have a spare phone for a rainy day :)
63. blingblingthing (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
The g2 is a better phone than nexus 5, but it's not worth the price difference. I would wait for the nexus 5.
69. joeyhalls (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
You could always buy the extra I put on ebay :-) $50 premium but it ships on the 5th overnight shipping. Have it to you by the 6th. Item #271312002762. I also have a black 32gb and another black 16 going up soon.
71. E.S.1 (Posts: 289; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Do you have a 16 Gb White Nexus 5 for sale as well? If yes how much?
11. 14545 (Posts: 1100; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
So LG was lying when they said they had their production problems fixed?
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Not necessary, that just means that Google sold out everything what was already made and lieing in warehouses and that doesn't mean that LG's factories are stopped, I'm sure that manufacturing is in progress.
23. 14545 (Posts: 1100; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I didn't say that manufacturing stopped. I just said that LG stated they had worked out their problems with with manufacturing that lead to sellouts and long delays. They also, IIRC, stated they had better "estimated demand" so there wouldn't be any issues this go around. So clearly they suck at estimating demand, or they don't care. I'm not going to bother getting one because it doesn't support VZW, and I'm with VZW until they kick me off my unlimited data. But I still feel like google should have picked another OEM to build the nexus series after the N4 debacle.
74. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
LG is like Google's Foxcon as far as NEXUS 5 is concerned.Google does the estimation and not LG. So if it estimates are wrong then it's Google. If estimation is right but it is capacity issue then wrong choice of partner which means again it's Google issue.
37. cj100570 (Posts: 204; Member since: 12 May 2009)
you're attempting to place blame blame doesn't belong. LG will only make as many phones as Google orders. So if there are enough funds to be sold the problem isn't on lg it is on Google for not placing a large enough order.
14. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Mine is arriving by Thursday... I wish I checked the faster shipping rate :(
FYI, Nexus 5s are shipping from Google's Kentucky warehouse.
16. racer83l (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
for me it was the difference of $4. I paid it
19. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Yeah but I totally flied over that option haha. I regret it so much!
3 extra days, I guess :(
30. LionStone (Posts: 445; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
I'm getting mine Thursday too! I didn't bother with the extra charge, its just another couple days, been waiting this long already :-)
61. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
been waiting too long :P
I don't know why I didn't just assume that it would be released on Halloween... especially with 4.4 being called KitKat
15. racer83l (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
my E-Mail says "Ships by November 5th" When Iogin to view the updates it just says "pending" I hope it really is shipping Nov 5th. I had a 14 day return window for my Note 3 which im returning today and will not have a phone until this arrives..
17. HildyJ (Posts: 95; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I ordered mine on October 31 and it said it would ship by November 8. Last night, I got a notice that it was already on its way. 32GB of black (I wouldn't want it mistaken for an iThing) Android goodness to replace my Google Galaxy Nexus.
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Agree, I also think that it is the best smartphone on the market, at least for today. :)
22. Feanor (Posts: 295; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Hmm... Let's see. I was suspecting that the Nexus 5 will again face shortages. Maybe this is a new excuse for shortages. Maybe the miracle price is a publicity stunt for pushing the new Android version, but maybe Google doesn't really want to lose money by subsidizing a big amount of Nexus phones and LG maybe doesn't want such a fierce internal competition for the G2. So, maybe this will go like last year. In any case as a business model this doesn't work (it may work partially for Google, who after all sell services, not products) but it definitely doesn't work for LG and on top of it, Google disrupts the rest of the market (including their own Android partners). So, once more maybe it is meant to be that there will be shortages or delays for the Nexus 5.
24. 14545 (Posts: 1100; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I wish google would release alpha builds to the OEMs so they can, if they are going to, update their services to work with the new version quicker. Then when finalized it should just be a matter of throwing in the proprietary stuff and releasing.
25. cse.vicky (Posts: 76; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
I should receive mine on Tuesday ! It says shipped now :)
28. scsa852k (Posts: 281; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
My status says it leaves the warehouse by 11/5.
So I should be OK, right? RIGHT??!?!
32. LionStone (Posts: 445; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
You should be good once you receive a confirmation email, which comes with a tracking #, which should tell you when the expect it.
31. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 850; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Mine is en route, and will be here Wednesday.
36. robinlim85 (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2013)
when apple say they facing supply shortage - they must did that on purpose to markup price...create fake demand news bla bla....
when google say they facing supply shortage - oh thats ok,they just underestimate demand,oh boy...
48. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And yet discounts have started ... within a month?
39. kindlefireowner (Posts: 339; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Google's ordering process is worst than Obama care. That's 2 years in a row they failed to get it right.
40. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
There are lots of Nexus 5 for sale on Ebay.
I have been using the Nexus 5 for over 24hrs. The camera could have been better but it is not that bad, the battery surprised me, especially being a 2400mah it is ok.
Yes I am a Nokia man and can't wait for the Lumia 1520.
Well done Google for providing a really good phone for a really good price.