Samsung's first Android Wear smartwatch might be announced at Google I/O
According to CNET, the upcoming Samsung Android Wear watch will be "much like the Gear devices Samsung has released in the past year," and all Google I/O attendees might receive one.
Google I/O will be held in San Francisco between June 25 and June 26. Besides Samsung, LG and Motorola will most likely also showcase their Android Wear smartwatches during the conference: the LG G Watch and the Moto 360. LG’s G Watch will probably be the first to start shipping, with sales expected to begin in early July.
Note: the smartwatch pictured above is the Tizen-based Samsung Gear 2.
1. DaHarder (Posts: 174; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
This year's Google I/O is shaping up to be quite monumental.
Good to see Samsung showing its engineering flexibility by truly leading the way with 'wearables' rather than sitting back and mooching off the development groundwork being laid by other companies.
Google Wear bodes well for the future of 'wearables' and there's little doubt that the next Android version will be impressive as well.
6. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1275; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
So, a watch every other month that they have been in the wearables market is "leading the way"? Good to know. At this pace, they will be on the Gear X before 20 months has passed.
7. joey_sfb (Posts: 3245; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
You can't sell what you don't have. People are buying plenty of Samsung product including Apple inc.
11. willard12 (Posts: 887; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I'm sure Casio, Fossil, Movado, Swatch, Omega, and Invicta have survived for so long by only releasing 1 watch per year. Or, maybe they release a lot more and have people working for them that know a whole lot more than me about the number of devices they should make and when they should ship them.
12. JunitoNH (Posts: 985; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Lol, I'm with you. They just can't seem to produce anything aesthetically pleasing, unless they copied it.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5647; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i have a Galaxy S5 and literally the only things i really like about it are the Camera and the Display which i still think is too large but still gorgeous and the fact that i can cover it with a Spigen Case because i looove Spigen Cases.
3. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 398; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
This will really get my attention if it is compatible for all Android phones. The Gear 2 is actually really nice when you hold it and wear it and the 360 looks too bulky.
4. galanoth (Posts: 341; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Gear 2 hardware with Android wear software.
I really like the feel of the Gear 2 on my wrist.
5. fzacek (Posts: 2222; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Finally Samsung is giving us a smartwatch that will hopefully work with all Bluetooth enabled smartphones, instead of just a few Samsung smartphones. But I just don't know why they even bothered to make two models with different chipsets for this smartwatch, like they annoyingly do with all their smartphones...
9. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3745; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Maybe it is like Apple and their move from PowerPC to x86 and Samsung just wants to be ready to flip the switch.
10. HouTexan (Posts: 316; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
This should be great. I really like Gear 2. Can't wait to see how 'Android wear' looks on it!
13. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 172; Member since: 27 May 2014)
I'm confused android wear what's the difference between the one the have out now ??
15. Astoni (Posts: 573; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
The one they have now only works for a select group of samsung phones, sadly :/. Tbh i'm not much for watches at all but i've played around enough with the Gear 2 to find it highly usable :p
17. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 172; Member since: 27 May 2014)
Ok so this next one will be available to work with all Android phone like the pebble.
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'm kinda sadden that SONY won't make a ANDROID WEAR watch like the MOTO 360.