Samsung to announce new Exynos Infinity processor at MWC 2014?
We’ve been hearing about a new 64-bit Exynos processor since last year, and now Samsung may finally be ready to announce it.
The official Samsung Exynos Twitter account today posted a teaser image which suggests that we should expect to see a brand new chipset, called Exynos Infinity, at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week. The image is accompanied by the following text:
We probably don’t have to remind you, but we’re still going to say it: Samsung is also getting ready to announce its long-rumored Galaxy S5 flagship smartphone at MWC 2014. Thus, the Exynos Infinity could power some S5 variants.
Of course, we can’t be sure that the Exynos Infinity will be a 64-bit processor. However, a 64-bit CPU would certainly allow an eventual 5.2-inch Quad HD Galaxy S5 to run smoothly in any situation.
Samsung will host an Unpacked press event on February 24 at MWC, so we'll probably find out more about this new Exynos on that day.
source: Samsung Exynos
1. Kishin (Posts: 596; Member since: 30 May 2013)
This is going to Rock with the new Touchwiz...
19. UglyFrank (Posts: 370; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
This is the news we've been waiting for, We aren't fanboys, we just want the most powerful phone on the market.
23. rd_nest (Posts: 765; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
This is 64-bit ARM8 architecture.
3. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
24. rd_nest (Posts: 765; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
4. GABIDEN (Posts: 26; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
LG G3? or S5? Which one do you guys think will be better this year?
9. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
That should probably be a question for after the G3 announcement (:
18. sipha (Posts: 261; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Definitely the S5.. but if LG does it like last year, i doubt you'd be able to tell the difference...
21. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 378; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
Samsung will deliver for sure the best hardware. Samsung design, one need to see what they deliver.
7. grahaman27 (Posts: 347; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
"However, a 64-bit CPU would certainly allow an eventual 5.2-inch Quad HD Galaxy S5 to run smoothly, and to match the performance of Apple's 64-bit-capable iPhone 5S."
Phonearena at its finest. because 64 bit is all that matters.
13. hurrycanger (Posts: 1058; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
The weird thing is... he's saying the 64-bit CPU from Samsung should allow the QHD GS5 to match with the non-HD iPhone 5S. xD
37. 1701nino (Posts: 263; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
You do forget that the A7 is in the ipad rockin a 2048x1536 resolution which is more then your average 1080p.Not just that but it tears through benchmarks.Do not underestimate apple their,answer is already in the works probably the A8 CPU which will likely be quad core.
10. Diego! (Posts: 504; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
And here we go again... 300 versions of Samsung Galaxy S5 for 2014... Sammy, stop!
14. nctx77 (Posts: 482; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Hey Sambots, enjoy that new revolutionary 64bit processor and fingerprint scanner! Welcome to 2013
16. KingDingaLing (Posts: 176; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Welcome to a screen bigger than 4 inches...oh wait, nevermind.
17. pept68 (Posts: 13; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Haha... if rumors are true and apple decides to go with a bigger screen, i am curious to see what the ifans have to say about it. After all big screens are goofy, waste of battery, not cool, etc. Oh wait!!! as per nctx77... Apple hasn't invented a bigger screen yet!
After all they were the first mobile device to have a fingerprint scanner and a 64 bit processor with a whole 1 gig of ram.... It is apple that's playing catch up, not the other way around
33. heyhi (Posts: 124; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
Hey Applebots, Motorola's quote: enjoy that new revolutionary fingerprint scanner! Welcome to 2011.
15. pept68 (Posts: 13; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Right... like Apple was first on either front!!
22. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 888; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
They were, actually. Revisionist history much?
39. pept68 (Posts: 13; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Really??? First mobile device with fingerprint scanner... NOPE!!!
First mobile device with 64 bit... NOPE!!!
Fell free to look up motorola atrix, and then look up up any win8 talbet with a 64 bit OS. And before you start... ipad also got the 64 bit chip so yes first phone, but not first mobile device.
20. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 888; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
"Continuing our market-leading innovation..."? Samsung is responsible for almost nothing new or innovative in mobile. As a matter of fact, I cannot recall a single "first" of any significance that belongs to Sammy. LG and Apple are miles ahead of Samsung in firsts, only following Nokia (pre-WP) and Motorola. If we toss Google into the mix, Sammy doesn't make the top 5.
40. pept68 (Posts: 13; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Apple first in what?? claiming they are first.... then yes.
Feel free to educate yourself, as apple hasn't invented anything since woz..
youtube "tek syndicate" Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything?
25. livyatan (Posts: 691; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I think this is going to be announced now but ship later in the year..It is fairly sure that the S5 won't have this one ticking inside, considering all the rumors.
26. nctx77 (Posts: 482; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Umm....where is the innovation? This sounds like another S4. A new camera button? Wow!! Mind blown! Sambots, please tell me what's revolutionary about the leaks so far? 64 bit processor, fingerprint scanner, high res screen, waterproof.....all of this already been done. It's 2014, not 2013 lol! The iphone 6 will rape this thing! Y'all better hope it doesn't come out early.
27. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1583; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
iPhone 6 - now with a 5" screen. Welcome to 2011...
28. Astoni (Posts: 484; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Tell me how it's going to "rape" the s5?.
First of all Apple will fail its own way by going 4,5-4,7 + in screen size and if they actually decides to go with a "phablet" model 5,5-5,7" they most certainly feel pressure from samsung (Note 1,2,3)
tell me something that apple actually has innovated in the last 3 years except toud id?.
Siri was bought and then there is the 64 bit cpu (MADE BY SAMSUNG)
And who cares if it dosen't give a revolutionary innovation, if the s5 has a 64-bit CPu with 4gb of ram a fingerprint scanner with a QHD screen and if it were to be waterproof.. that only means it got everything while other phones got only 1/4 to 1/5 of what the s5 has? dosen't that render other phones useless...
And i won't buy the S5 since the New HTC is what interests me :p
29. joey_sfb (Posts: 2866; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Napalm_3nema and nctx77, you are not aware of Samsung features because you primarily use Apple product.
The next thing I will heard from you this that Samsung's features are gimmicky which is ok since its goes not affect you as you don't use them.
No one here is saying that Apple is bad nor discussing whether Apple is innovative because Apple's event is WMDC which is 3 months away.
30. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 888; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Right, I am quite aware, but I still can't recall anything major they did first.
FYI, I have a G2 and a Moto X right now.
35. jacko1977 (Posts: 388; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
with same design and stolen ideas/features ok sure ijunk sheep in denial
ijunk 6 now comes with a free sword holster
31. PK1983 (Posts: 170; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Curious to see when Samsung finally starts marketing their phones as "featuring Touchwiz # ___" vs Android ___ and of course with Tizen as the OS. Also wonder when they will have the ability to drop Qualcomm and just use the Exynos chipset. You know they want to, be just like Apple, everything micromanaged and under their control.
34. davenycept (Posts: 171; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
All three rumors... another saying there may be an exynos chip with lte... they needed to do that last year
36. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3194; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Please no octa core sh*t, quad core with snapdragon like efficiency =win