Samsung creating a premium F smartphone line: metal chassis and 16 MP OIS camera due in March
1. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
With a Galaxy S Captivate like metal back cover possibly?
Yes it is removeable.
12. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 383; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
Keep the competition up. We consumers can only benefit from that!
19. seret6 (Posts: 40; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
as much as i hate sounding like a fansumg, i am loving this news becos it will hurt apple
65. techguymatt (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
said like a true blackberry fan.. lmao +1
46. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Samsung Fseires ™
Anyone remember those in the 2007
57. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Metal back cover removeable , is always ugly and clumsy.
And who TF told you that aluminum looks "premium"? LOL (only the menial iMedia spam it every day)
If Samsung do this with sealed smartphone , will fail like HTC(one). Samsung and HTC haven't zombies like Apple that buy any BS with the logo.
61. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4069; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Or maybe a sliding chassis like the Wave 3?
2. android_hitman (Posts: 622; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
aha, so sammy after "spying" apple users found out that there is indeed market for premium build quality phones...
hmmm .. what a surprise.
4. rd_nest (Posts: 770; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
^^ dude just let it go..
not good for your health.
6. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 450; Member since: 11 May 2013)
No.. Not Apple..
When the s4 was announced, an inside lab test was performed by Samsung and concluded that s4 is not the best in the market.. Thats the time when the beautifully crafted devices like XZ and Htc One were rocking the market.. And maybe they already saw the most beautiful--Oppo N1 :))
Samsung doesnt want to lose their arena thats why Flexible Display, Design 3.0, ISOcell, 64Bit ek ek are in the works, tomorrow we will hear about a Fresh UI look, I wish hahaha
9. silencer271 (Posts: 206; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I find it funny how apple fans think samusng develops stuff as soon as apple annouces it.. 64bit arm chips have been in development for years and who do they think makes it for apple?
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Maybe because majority of Apple users doesn't know anything about the tech. :)
36. seret6 (Posts: 40; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
apple might be funding these websites to block the sentiments of us against provocative even racial comments by apple lovers
but we still wont give up
60. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
If Samsung do this with sealed tin-can smartphone , will fail like HTC(one). Samsung and HTC haven't zombies like Apple that buy any BS with the logo
Removable metal back is always ugly . easy breaks , and clumsy.
47. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They never did, never will!
They all follow the trend and fashion
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"aha, so sammy after "spying" apple users found out that there is indeed market for premium build quality phones..."
Phones with a metal body was even before the first iPhone was released and today not only Apple use metal. So I don't see the reason why you came to such conclusion that Samsung spied exclusively Apple or Apple users.
31. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5863; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"So I don't see the reason why you came to such conclusion that Samsung spied exclusively Apple or Apple users."
Knee-jerk Apple fan defensiveness in the post you were responding to, perhaps?
58. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Who TF told you that aluminum tin-can "premium"? LOL (only the menial iMedia spam it every day)
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Price it around or much higher than the iPhone and you've got yourself a real competitor
7. Yeahman (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
What if this is the Galaxy S5? Remember Project J? That was the S4.
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5863; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Or, the Note 4 (with the March, 2014 date being an announcement date)?
21. decent4u (Posts: 73; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
that is highly unlikely as the note 4 is not even released.
28. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5863; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Most rumors fall by the wayside. Based on the success of other metal-bodied high end smartphones (and the feedback Sammy has likely received from its consumer surveys), I think Sammy is going to have a premium offering for both the GS and Note lines (kind of how Apple has the S and C offerings).
The metal case rumors seem to be increasing, which may be an early indicator that Sammy is indeed going down the metal case path.
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8629; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Note series is released in Q4 of every year. I would have expected you to be smart enough to know that.
32. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5863; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yeah, but rumors start to flow the day after the official release of info on the current production model. I think that there will be metal and plastic offerings for both the GS and Note lines in 2014 as I posted above at #28.
34. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8629; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You said it, rumors. Samsung isn't going to pull a HTC and release the Note 4 in the spring that's a fact.
8. taojj (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
Samsung can only copy. Now it will be exciting to see who they copy now Apple, HTC, Nokia, Huawei, Sony or all of the above.
10. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
What exactly did they copy because in most cases its the opposite way around and everyone copies Apple and Samsung.
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 11930; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Wait!!! I know you didn't just speak of apple in a positive light? Is this really Shatter?
22. JMartin22 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
You're one to talk, running around here all wishy washy pretending to be unbiased. We all know you harp Apple.
30. bucky (Posts: 1504; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
That's your own issue talking there. He had both as do I. The problem is guys like you take offended to the slightest thing pro apple
48. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
"Not like you" it's "us"
Why shouldn't we! No matter if the truth, the righteous, no matter what evidents has acknowledges, thiy will be inhuman, unbrained, follower!
33. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8629; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I disagree. He tells it like it is like I do so....
59. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
He forget to tell you that Apple "don't copy"- they ONLY steal like the Great Artist(StJ)
16. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 450; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Yah Nokia Sony HTC Huwaei tried phablets already.. Apple will be next
SAmsung is also making different phone parts of these companies.. Samsung started what people called gimmicks, then other companies followed by making their own software gimmicks too..
Hmm this is just a market of who makes the best, just choose and Buy ;)
51. MistB (Posts: 574; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Copy what exactly, there is nothing to copy from Apple or HTC for a start, one is dying and the other is losing it's momentum, huawei, like what is there to copy from them. They take their inspiration from Samsung, heck, they want to be the next Samsung, they wish they could replicate their sales by talking down on Samsung yet no one is taking them seriously....yet. Sony, err....like are the Koreans even paying attention to them or even Nokia's Kit kat mocking ads? No....because they don't perceive them as a legitimate threat.
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2692; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Their Wave series were of good quality and much premium-ness. Bring something like that.
23. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Samsung will keep the plastic Galaxy S line for people that want their removable backs and they'll have the Galaxy F line for people that want a unibody metal phone.
35. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
OMG. I can't wait for this. Well for me and my Officemates, we find our S3's and S4'S Cool and Awesome. Woah then S5 will have a metal/premium built. Woooah! Can't wait for it. S5 Come to us, come come. haha Sorry Samsung jealous Haters!
37. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Actually, this Project F will be for S Series of my beloved Sammy. Woooahh, Way to go Sammy! Wow us again please, for the S5's Innovative features and Metal/Magnesium/Aluminum Case!
38. boosook (Posts: 1032; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Just when Apple turned to plastic again! :)
39. nctx77 (Posts: 534; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
All this is going to be is the premium line and they will have a midrange line with multiple colors made of plastic. Sammy is way late to the game with metal and making an aluminum phone is not innovation. Also, what good is a flexible display with an aluminum body. Remember it's the glass that breaks, not the screen. The old flexible screen rumor has been around for like 2 years now. Remember the GS3 was suppose to be ceramic or something. Sammy is just scared of the sales of the 5S and know they will have to deal with the iphone 6 next year. On top of that the iwatch will be coming out around that time. Give it up Sammy. You had your chance this year and blew it.
40. Taters (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Samsung has always dabbled in everything in search of any advantage it can get. Nothing new here.
41. ilkinandr92 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
IF this is the real design please take my money =D
42. sergiobr (Posts: 425; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Just waiting for this monster ! No S4 by now, my S3 still rocks with my 808 for stills shot.
43. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
If this happens, you can take all my money samsung.
44. McLTE (Posts: 711; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I sure hope this is a separate line for Samsung, and not changing the existing S line or Note series.
With this "premium" construction comes unibody design, which means we lose our removable batteries and SD card slots. No thanks.
I have zero problem with the build of my Note 2, and the Note 3 looks good too. I don't want a heavier unibody phone, especially in the Note X size.
Get rid of the plastic chrome and glossy finish and it's perfect.
45. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6581; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Like i say always wait for FULL COMFIRMATION not any leaks. it won't be out for CES MWC they will have their own UNPACKED conference in MARCH
50. zachattack (Posts: 580; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
So then samsung begins to copy others. Makes sense since their phones were pretty lame. Now the need to steal LG's camera and HTC's metal. It's all good everyone takes from each other at some point. Makes for interesting combinations. Won't make Samsung any better than anyone else though
53. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
wow some people here really really dumb, if changing materials or adding ois is considering copying now then lol then people are getting dumb. its as dumb as saying oh your phone screen size is bigger so its copying that screen size. really have fanboys gotten that stupid that something like metal or colour is considered copying. there was metal phones and colored phones made years and years ago by companies like nokia, it isnt something new and revolutionary.
55. persikon (Posts: 29; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Samsung headquarters: We got so much freaking money... What we can do... What about cars? Nah... What about yachts? Nah... What about private jets? Nah... What about a super expensive über high-end Smartphone, made of top-notch materials with the latest technology available... But what about our Galaxy Line? Guys I'm bored, also want to spend money! OK let's do it!
It's good to be Samsung****
62. zachattack (Posts: 580; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
I don't think anyone copies apple XD! That was funny to read, though LG copied samsung and they made a better phone. Now Samsung is copying HTC / Apple and also LG. I don't think you realize that all companies copy each other. It only matters who puts it out there first
63. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4069; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Great. Now add the ability to switch to stock Android and I'll be sold.