Samsung confirms a 16 MP ISOCELL camera sensor is on tap for future flagships
1. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
but have to see , wether it will be better than Sony's Exmor S found on all major Brand Flagships(including Galaxy s4)
2. JMartin22 (Posts: 1716; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
When it comes to hardware, Samsung is excellent at delivering with their flagships. But they need to start taking their camera more seriously now. For most of the year, the S4 had the best quality camera. But it suffered with low-light quality. They also gimped out on the fabled OIS with the Note 3. The S5 should provide more than enough sampling time for them to get their suppliers up to snuff with their demand. -__-
5. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
“For most of the year,
the S4 had the best
You must be living in a samsung fantasy world.
When it comes to camera Nokia 808 is the undisputed champion since 2012.
8. bucky (Posts: 2221; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I think he is talking about phones people own.
16. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
That actually hurt! And I'm not a Nokia fanboy
10. proto (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
...pureview 808 was not flagship phone and it was just bulky ugly digital camera with phone... (same to S4 zoom)
17. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I see your username has proto on it... You shall see my lawyer within the coming weeks
32. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Pretty much, its making money nowadays
30. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Lol.. 808 Pureview is a Nokia flagship phone for symbian OS.
808 maybe not the most compact phone but it look and feel so much better than S4 Zoom.
18. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 950; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
I think he is talking about amongst 2013 flagships, not one trick pony old bricks running a dated OS with barely any support. ;)
33. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
As usual samsung fanboy always talking about BS.
This article is talking about camera and your beloved friend say “S4 had the best quality camera”.
What your friend said is a big lie or a delusion.
And if you also think that S4 had the best camera amongst 2013 flagships, that means you're also live in a samsung fantasy world.
36. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
While the Nokia 808 PureView was the best camera phone, it never reached a global release. It was a niche phone for a small test-market ahead of their 1020 release.
3. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Leave the cutting edge hardware to Samsung.............and the software to Google :)
The big thing is on the horizon guys !
37. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
The truth is that TouchWiz is the best thing that happen to Android.
No matter how hard you and the iboys try to mislead the ppl,
39. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I am an android fan and i think TouchWiz is one of the worst (trailing only sense 4) things to happen to android. SO MUCH BLOAT, its everywhere, bogging down resources. And then we get into Samsung proprietary apps....which do the same thing as google apps (which are better)...so why? more bloat? Only great thing sammy did was simultaneous apps (even though there were floating apps out first, sammy just did a better job with execution).
40. ph00ny (Posts: 847; Member since: 26 May 2011)
So much bloat would be an issue without proper hardware (ie. good ol winmo phones). With the current hardwares, it doesn't seem like an issue at all. Havent had a single instance where i thought my note 3 needed less bloat and more hardware (This doesn't include at&t bs apps that are added to TW)
4. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I have faith in HTC next year, they should learn the mistakes they did this year
7. ph00ny (Posts: 847; Member since: 26 May 2011)
HTC can't compete on the same level as Samsung, Sony, and LG outside of design because they buy components from others whereas these guys build their own to fit their needs
21. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Also HTC has poor quality control. I know that a lot of peoples HTC ones have had electrical and physical defects.
38. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
"I have faith in HTC next year,..."
You have fait in dead body????
6. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
next galaxy specs: 16mp ois, 2K display, 4 gb ram , 64 bit gpu , 3500 mah battery, improved audio quality. hope good design and quality
26. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I dont know why but they always increase display res. year by year. I am not fan of this they should focus on battery , 1080p is fine
22. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
-Cough- 1080p is 2k in aspect ratio 16:9-cough-
1440p is the next step in phone resolution.
25. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
1440p called 2k and 4096x2130 is 4k 1080p full hd
34. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
1080p is a 2k resolution. If you don't believe me go do some quick research.
27. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
All of this without touckwiz should be great
12. thinker (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
Who need bigger MP when it lowers the sensor size?
23. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
More detail and overall better looking photos from higher MP.
13. pyradark (Posts: 821; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Sony sensor is still the best!!
Good luck with that Sammy
14. rency0722 (Posts: 146; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Based on computation, given pixel pitch of 1.12 micron and 16.1 megapixel sensor, the sensor size will be 1/2.8" to 1/3.0"
Sony already developed 16.4 MP Exmor R for mobile way back 2010. Note that the improvements in the Exmor RS were HDR for video as well as support for 4K video recording and 120 fps video rec. (delete the space on "h" and on the org part)
h ttp://phys.or g/news205683049.html
24. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
If this were a new hardware feature on Apple's next iPhone the article would have stated, "this is a REVOLUTIONARY new camera sensor and there's nothing else like it," instead of writing, "1.12 micron pixels, so we wouldn't expect the utmost quality from it, not to mention there wasn't anything about an OIS module around it." And, OIS is not available on iPhones either but, a limited iOS is.
29. Sondae (Posts: 233; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Well its about time for samsung to upgrade there camera because now a days most phone like nokia and sony has higher mp. I am looking forward to see this in 2014 on s5.
35. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The z1 and Nokia phones are low end point and shoots, Samsung doesn't care about camera as long as it looks good to most people which a normal camera does.