Samsung Galaxy Star and Galaxy Pocket Neo are now official
As far as specs are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy Star can't possibly go any lower. It comes with 512MB of RAM, EDGE connectivity (no 3G), a 3-inch QVGA touchscreen, and a really basic 2-megapixel camera. Nothing is being mentioned about its processor, but we doubt we want to hear about it. There are 4GB of storage on board.
The Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo is marginally better with its 850MHz processor, 512MB of RAM, 3-inch QVGA touchscreen and 4GB of internal storage. Also, there's a modest, 2-megapixel camera on its back.
Nothing is being said about the pricing of these two new smartphones, but we assume they'll come pretty cheap. At this time we have no clue whether the Samsung Galaxy Star or Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo will ever be available outside of Africa.
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4651; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Not bad for an entry-level smartphone.
12. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1793; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I would have to disagree. Entry-level withstanding, No 3G on a smartphone in 2013 is just criminal.
4. ABDULGHAFOOR (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 May 2012)
wow jelly bean on entry-level smartphone.
10. Caunsidh (Posts: 9; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
You can always install custom ROM, and once you set it all up, you won't regret it. :)
6. fouadqr (Posts: 208; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
lumia 520 is wayyyyyyyyyyy better
oh wait a sec lumia 520 is not from this level
the asha phone are way better !!
7. nazyr1803 (Posts: 33; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
android jelly beam??? haha new android i think!! (take a look at galaxy star spec picture)
8. avin007 (Posts: 137; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
This is,well,another gimmick from samsung....i mean why jelly bean on such devices??
9. daniel_bargs (Posts: 321; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
f**k the QVGA. you can buy better phones for the same price
11. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Remember when 512MB of Ram was considered high end?
Pepperidge farm remembers
13. Jyakotu (Posts: 813; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Looks more like an old school feature phone when touchscreens where just becoming all the rage.