Samsung Galaxy Note 3 size comparison: larger screen, but more compact body
But how big it really is? And how does it compare against all other flagships? After all, we're looking at a phablet - a device much larger than your usual smartphone. Now, the difference has really shrunken, but it's still there. The Note 3 is noticeably larger than the LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One. Only the larger Sony Xperia Z1 comes pretty close to matching the Note 3's large size.
Compared to other phablets, though, the third generation Note 3 rates great. Take a look right below.
151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm
5.93 oz (168 g)
138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm
5.04 oz (143 g)
136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm
4.59 oz (130 g)
144.4 x 73.9 x 8.5 mm
6.00 oz (170 g)
151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm
5.93 oz (168 g)
151 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm
6.44 oz (182 g)
179.4 x 92.2 x 6.5 mm
7.48 oz (212 g)
167.6 x 88 x 8 mm
7.02 oz (199 g)
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2104; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Great size, perfect for phablet IMO, a category defined by one handed usage still manageable, but mostly used with two. The Mega, Mate and Ultra don't quality for it IMO, too big for a phone.
13. AnTuTu (Posts: 630; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Sammy created this category and they really know how to own it. No matter how many Ultras,Megas,Mates or Pros are out there Note was, is n will always be the king of this category.
Hence proved look at Note 3.
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6125; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
please stop calling it a phablet
30. _god_ (banned) (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
anything above 5.5 inch screen is barely usable with one hand
36. AnTuTu (Posts: 630; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
If you were a real God you would have bought Note 3.
You are not so won't buy :)
40. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 468; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
And that is a problem why? These devices might be meant for a market that doesnt want to use one hand. Hence the s-pen. I rarely use my S3 with one hand either and it's not a criteria for a lot of people.
2. jdoee100 (Posts: 294; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Textured back is brilliant. Metal is overrated.
3. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Sammy did a great job but it cost them the battery.
I think such a display and processor needs more than 3200.
14. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I agree. I think a bigger screen with higher resolution will make a big difference and drain the battery more, gotta wait and see.
18. taz89 (Posts: 2008; Member since: 03 May 2011)
nope even though its only 100mah more the battery is alot better. if you watched the event it showed the note 3 having nearly 4hours more over the note 2 in video playback and similar with the talk time even though it has a bigger and full hd screen. looks like software optimisation has made huge difference. so no there hasnt been no battery sacrifice. win win for all, bigger screen and slightly smaller phone with better battery life
31. vikas.rrr (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Anyways we wouldn't mind having a bigger battery though which can last an hour more and i think so would anybody else except some freaks would want a razor thin device
32. taz89 (Posts: 2008; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I think the reason was more to try and make a large screen phone feel small as possible and make it as portable as possible. Sure bigger battery is better but it looks like they found a nice balance with the note 3. made phone smaller but improved battery life by 30% or so not bad at all I would say.
33. rusticguy (Posts: 2818; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yup razor think devices that needs a knife to lift it up :)
4. mayur007 (Posts: 359; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
does it have OIS in camera. ?
because fonearena says it has?
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5529; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
OIS on the Note 3 is the one feature that everyone is silent about. LG may have a better offering with the G2.
PA - when are you going to do a comparo between the G2 and the Note 3?
39. epicandroid (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
apparently it has 'smart' stabilization..which should work great..time will tell..otherwise camera is AMAZING
5. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3754; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes the Samsung Galaxy Note III FINALLY looks high-end. It's VERY stylish & BOLD. All that screen without making the phone larger is just SEXY. Samsung hit a home run here.
I can't WAIT to get my Samsung Galaxy Note III.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7326; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Already made a countdown on when I'm getting my Note 3. :)
8. livyatan (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
How is the Xperia Z ultra suppoaed to be competing in the same class??
The Z1 is far closer in size!
It is even 2grams heavier!
Fantastic job by Samsung
11. gazmatic (Posts: 513; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
the note 3 just killed the sony zed one
sony = bezel god
you thought lumia were bad
15. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3754; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah but the reason it has so much bezel is because it's water proof up to 5 feet deep, SOMETHING the Samsung Galaxy Note III can't do.
Sony will get lots of sales on that feature alone. Sony's Xperia Z1 is a kicka$$ phone also.
I love the Samsung Galaxy Note III but we need to give credit where it's due & Sony CLEARLY deserves some.
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7326; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Note 3 is a plastic toy? Are you blind?
41. Topcat488 (Posts: 1110; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Note 3 is not a toy PapaSmurf... Maybe, it's the only computer phone out there, everything else is a toy.
23. newbey123 (Posts: 378; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Its pleather, which is plastic made to look like leather. Pretty much just as bad.
29. jdoee100 (Posts: 294; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
O well, you can't win em all. Have fun with your metal phone, while many more millions enjoy Samsung phones.
12. HouTexan (Posts: 300; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Can't wait!!!! Consider it already bought.
20. twens (Posts: 516; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
okay lets all be fair here. xperia z1 is awesome. the design is not new and inspiring just like the note 3. the thick bezels are a turn off but the 20mp camera is nice. Honestly speaking, i don't think any of the phones announced today can stand against the note 3. Its big but compact,its premium in an exclusive way. no metal back to scratch off. nice huge beautiful screen plus its got a magic stylus. i think sammy killed it here.
21. hellonerds (Posts: 135; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Just ordered a 64GB SD card and looking to get a spigen crystal clear HD screen protector .. Might have to go white note this time or black.
22. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
I'm so over getting excited about new internals stuffed inside the same old Samsung plastic shell.
25. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
And yet the iPhone 5c has a plastic shell also.....something is sounding like a broken record at phonearena....
34. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 807; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
The 5c is a budget/midrange phone. It's not the same as a flagship.
24. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 295; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Waiting for a price for the 64gb white note 3. This phone is perfection.
26. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
i hate the sony's ultra and Z1 bezels they are large
28. SonyCraperiaSucks (banned) (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
Note III is lighter than Z1 and almost same size!!~~ Note III also has great textured back, better than glass anyday!! NOTE II FTW
35. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 807; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Plastic is better than glass? Call Waterford, we found the one guy who thinks that crazy thought.
38. epicandroid (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
Note 3 FTW? Obviously, it is the best phone ever, better than everything else