Robert Scoble says "Apple has slipped", so he's switching to Android
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
This is huge news. Scoble has been an ardent Apple fanboy for a long time.
21. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
he just planted a seed of doubt in the eyes of Apple users everywhere (although i doubt those were his intentions). not that there is a better option but other options than Apple. so the huge news is more of a trickle down effect. people (nerds an ceos) will begin to look at other platforms as they see that IOS isn't a one stop shop. then as the wow factor fades so will general population consensus of the ecosystem and they will look for the next trend. its not going to be an over night Pied Piper procession, but the mindset of a Utopian OS is beginning to wane.
30. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
You need eyes to see and brain to interpret the signal .... BRA-inwashed cannot see ... :D
35. donfem (Posts: 642; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
When the veil is lifted, user is freed.....
2. SIGPRO (Posts: 1376; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
True i don't like Android or ios but ios is getting out of date!.
Ok the userinterface is smooth......but thye are way behind the market!
WP will gain on ios, ios is doomded give it 3 more years and it will be dead!
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11342; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
iOS just works. It will not meet the same fate BB and RIM met along with webOS
7. vandroid (Posts: 327; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
both were out dated and ios is going down that path
12. vandroid (Posts: 327; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
if the co-founder says his own software is behind then that's when you know its going down
15. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11342; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Based on some of his comments and actions, I'd say the co-founder is a little nutty at times. Besides he didn't come up with the iPhone.
20. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Of course Mxy, b/c everyone who says anything negative about iOS is a little nutty in your eyes....smh
16. SIGPRO (Posts: 1376; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Yes listen to vandroid he is telling the truth, Steve Wozniak (co founder of Apple) said ios is outdated hell he even uses a Lumia phone!
Than you know iphones are doodmed give it a few years...people will say iphone??? Whats that ahhahaha.
18. vandroid (Posts: 327; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
iphones are a damn good looking smartphone but they look the same and have the same boring os each year without any major changes and thats the only thing that holds me back from getting an iphone
39. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I agree with most of what you said except that it's a good looking series of phone. They're really not. They look like kids' toys, simplistic, boring, and horrendously derivative of mid-20th century designs.
It surprises me that Dieter Rams hasn't visited jonathan ives and slapped him across the face for his blatant plagiarism.
19. iOS.and.WP.is.the.new.bb (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
Woz didn't use WP on daily basis...
Woz try WP but that's it...
Woz said he HATE Windows/WP.
Woz said iphone were arrogant, he like larger phone
Woz said he DIDN'T hate android...
need I say more?
24. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Ha can you please tell us how it just works? Like how maps just work, or how that alternative browser you got opens all your links or how you share stuff with other social networks without going through the app? And how it needs you to type your dammed password every time you try and update an app?
IOS just works at not working at all
31. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Hi Bot ... There's nothing new about it except that it Just doesn't work all the time ... the toy is exposed and all are scrambling to relly find some means to fool the "flock" into buying new version of the same old version ... again and again ... and they lost some one :D
43. lyndon420 (Posts: 3851; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
How's apple maps treating you? Oh nevermind...I forgot you were blind.
45. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Being blind is safer for him. Apple Maps will lead anyone to certain death.
48. syedzain (Posts: 175; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
i totally agree with u.. IOS it just works.
13. iOS.and.WP.is.the.new.bb (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
Are you kidding me???
Bill Gates said WP is CLEARLY A MISTAKE & doomed
and Steve Wozniak said Apple were too arrogant
and Jim Basille silently said BB10 is not gonna success
22. jsdechavez (Posts: 727; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I think Mr. Gates said that there was a mistake in their smartphone strategy... not in the OS.
40. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
No, no, no, no, no.
He said the speed at which they released their smartphones was a mistake, and it was related to Windows MOBILE, NOT PHONE.
Read the ENTIRE INTEVIEW, don't just pick and choose snippets.
51. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 885; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I also saw the interview and jsde is right.
53. sitihardiyantiburukrupa (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
no it doesn;'t
Windows Mobile is a success with 12% market share.
Balmer kill WM.
WP is a failure with 2.5% market share....
36. donfem (Posts: 642; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I disagree... Not dead but consistently behind on all forms
29. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
from now i will follow you,Robert Scoble............as android fan
9. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
For that's one ifan down. at least he realize what ANROID have been doing in these pass few months NFC sharing. 720PHD too now 1080P with QUAD CORE. and Android OS always changes never look the same like iOS
37. donfem (Posts: 642; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
The surprising thing is that this "ifan" has the means and clout to buy or get any new Apple product anytime. I hope those who are less privileged will have their "eyes" opened.
11. ama3654 (Posts: 295; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
We welcome you warmly, thats what Android people do, now go get yourself an Android flagship and enjoy the freedom
17. BadAssAbe (Posts: 456; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
If this guy is so smart, then why did it take him so long to switch to android?
When the original Droid came out, i knew back then android was the future, Some knew before.
Apple still has many of the same problems it had back then.
No Sd Slots
One Size fits all
Easily Damaged Phones
and many more
52. sitihardiyantiburukrupa (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
He was dumb/blind a.k.a the sheeep...
and he got enlighten... and suddenly realize that android is the way...
that's why this is big news...
when a sheeeep is able to see, they'll change to droid.
23. moronman66 (Posts: 162; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
I think this will get at least some people who just kind of didn't think much before buying an iPhone to hopefully think about something else. Personally, I think the iPhone is going to end up like Mac. Decent platform, more expensive, less selection, and it won't be as commonly used. There's at least a few reasons why only 10% of computers are Macs, and I'm not saying one is superior to another, but I think this will be the case with the iPhone as well.
25. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
So if iOS is outdated now, it is facing doom?!
Newsflash A - Apple has all the resources to drastically improve iOS.
And they are fully intent on doing that
Newsflash B - a completely revamped version is on the way already, with Johnathan Ive in charge.
Expect a NEW iOS this summer!
42. BadAssAbe (Posts: 456; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Yeah because we all know how fast apple does things like
State of the art Maps 2012
A Bigger Whole 4in Screen! Whoa! 2012
Maybe a quadcore and 2 gigs of ram this year
LTE finally added in the iPhone 2012
Should i list more? How about stuff the iPhone doesnt have
SD Slot, HD Screen, Notification Lights, Mirco USB Charging Needed By LAW, Smaller Bezel, Lower prices(100$ for 16gb mores LOL) ,
26. nemo.king (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
android for ever.............. even me switched from ios to android due to lack of functions
41. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Ever is a long time. I doubt we'll be using android in a decade or so. It may still be google-owned, but not Android, per se
27. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 468; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
I love the people who actually argue over this foolishness. I have and never will give a rats ass about what os somebody uses.
28. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Soo...should I know who this guy is?
32. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
He cant be that huge in the tech world, I've never heard of him. What does he do exactly or how is he so famous?
33. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well he says these things and share prices cross 800 mark... so must surely be mroe than you and me :)
49. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Same boat pal... Not a clue of why should we care about him
34. JunitoNH (Posts: 1613; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Sounds to me like someone is getting paid on the side; almost like a celebrity endorsement.
44. lyndon420 (Posts: 3851; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Beginning to see a trend with with these so-called tech experts...jumping the IOS ship.
47. _PHug_ (Posts: 443; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
NEVER heard of this guy but if he is just now figuring out what I've known for 3+ years I don't see why his opinion would matter.