Report: 5 million Google Nexus 7 units expected to be shipped in 2012
Google added a 32GB version of the Google Nexus 7 at the beginning of the month, pricing it at $249. The HSPA+ version of the tablet, also with 32GB, is available for $299. The main competition for the Google Nexus 7 has been the Amazon Kindle Fire HD and the Apple iPad mini and while Google has continued to order more Google Nexus 7 tablets to meet demand, Apple has keep the spigot flowing at 4 million units a month of its 7.9 inch tablet.
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
LOL, but frankly 5m is too few.
Nexus 7 can and should do better. 10m would be acceptable figure.
9. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Lol iPhone 5 did that in 3 days. These guys took months!
18. xfire99 (Posts: 680; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Since when did IP5 become as a tablet? Some new revolutionary technology invention by Apple, able transform a phone to tablet at any time?
19. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Yea that number is low, I expected them to at least do 10mil. They need to step it up.
2. gunnroses (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
ano ba talaga kuya? Million o Billion. I think you are referring to millions of shipments not billion
14. kevkyle (Posts: 91; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
mekeni - alang kapampangan? haha......go google!
17. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Kampangan ka brad, tga nukarin ka? From Pampanga also :p
24. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Guagua ku par, nc San Fernando, Tech Addict ka par? XD
25. kevkyle (Posts: 91; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
lapit ka mu pala.....bagya mu tech addict...lol
3. someones4 (Posts: 624; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
5 billion? it would beat Apple's sales by almost a thousand times over.
15. rudlie (Posts: 197; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
your samsung's android calculator is malfunction or your mathematic scores are red hahaha
5. AWiseGuy (Posts: 68; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I know for a fact this is a popular tablet, and for good reason too. My brother has one and it's fantastic. However, I think that 5 billion shipments might be just a touch on the side of overestimation.
8. HoneyBadger (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Here is a thought; hire an intern to proof read! Love the site but the amount of errors, factual or grammatical, make it seem amateurish... just my 2 cents.
10. nwright94 (unregistered)
5 billion is like 75% of the population...I don't think 5 billion is realistic considering poor and third world countries that have a good amount of the population.
12. ScottSchneider (Posts: 328; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Hey PA.. Can I have some of that crack that you are smokin... M's to B's makes a big difference...
13. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Its all about the marketing, when will android step it up. Apple is still king of marketing.
16. rudlie (Posts: 197; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
5 millions is just about 1 month ipad sales
20. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
5 million is not a good number for end of year sales, they need to be pushing 5 mil a month.