Possible video of Ice Cream Sandwich on a Nexus S
1. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
again fake... Android never puts their dessert name on the phone... double fail as we have seen this picture before.... hmmmm
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Google never puts the dessert name on the *finished* version of a phone, but we all know that Google still probably hasn't decided whether this is Android 2.4, 4.0 or 3.5.
12. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
true... so is this is Android way of losing a prototype?... at least the one from Apple was entertaining.... good story Michael like always.... though
14. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
we kinda see leaks from newest versions of android like a month from release.... I remember when Gingerbread was going around and with honeycomb too, I think they are done intentionally
57. bobnnate (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 Aug 2011)
there definitely done intentionally.it builds hype and makes people want to see more and potentionally buy
53. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Google does not stoop down to apple's level of super security systems and losing prototypes.
They'd rather have one person leak some of it and put all the hype in there, unlike all these articles with senseless hype about the iPhone5.
We need more hype and iSheep will buy this product since iSheep just buy products because of the brand and hype.
13. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
unless android is using launcher pro on the next version, id say this is a fake.. and a boring one at that. it looks a lot like the last fake. lol
20. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
its good to remember that if the device has touch buttons like the nexus S some things may need to be arranged, if newer devices have no touch buttons and use a slightly different layout for the user interface we might be looking at how ICS looks on a device with touch buttons on it... maybe? just maybe
33. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
look at the launcher icon on the bottom. thats launcher pro. its a custom rom.
43. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I have seen that icon elsewhere. It's also on the xperia launcher, this could be a Custom rom alright, but what has my senses tingling is the user, he might have bought a moded phone without notice, but the accuracy of the previous 4chan guy with this might be a bit weird, we can always say someone took the 4chan post and tried turning it into something real like, but again things need time to be worked out and I must say that thing looks faster, so it's hard to tell its some cooked rom
19. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2016; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I agree,, and this is a great looking launcher, available in the android market :)
23. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
wrong 1.you cant download a status bar from the market.
2. The camera app is different (cant download that either)
2. The running apps list cannot be downloaded from there either
26. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
they don't need to be on the market if you are a good dev you can make some
35. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
we call that a "custom ROM". My phone has one. doesnt look like stock/manufacturer either. There are plenty floating around, especially at XDA.
25. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Fail entirely. That looks stupid, why not keep it the same and Green is better than blue. But then again, Android is so ass backwards.
29. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
actually yeah, i like the green better too. it should be blue for tablets and green for phones or make a theme setting.
36. JGuinan007 (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 May 2011)
The Miz is right GREEN is better than BLUE if this is real I will have to jump off android and buy an Iphone 4s or 5 darn them for making it stupid blue!
40. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
I can think of way more reasons to jump ship. Coming from Android to iOS is like coming from a turd filled bag to a shiny golden apple.
41. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
To bad you can't eat golden apples or even wear them they just stand in there and shine
30. christianqwerty (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Android should focus on geting Gingerbread to all the android phones before they add another update.... just my 2 cents
38. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Android does focus on getting Gingerbread out, carriers don't. Blame your carrier, not Android.
52. Fayez` (unregistered)
this launcher is available in market. check it out
2. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Mention of ice cream sandwich make me hungry I am going to store now see you guy tomorrow.
4. Ivan6479 (Posts: 247; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Honestly why is Phone Arena wasting everyone's time with this fake garbage?
5. quesoesgrande (Posts: 217; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
If that is ICS, I'm going to laugh my head off! Unless there's obvious proof you have off course...
8. lenrad (unregistered)
i thought ics was suppose to eliminate the use of the home and back buttons? arrent thosse suppose to be at the bottom of the screen. and the basterd never goes into phone info to show the software. looks like a pretty bad ass rom for the phone. thats about it
32. toaster (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
Virtual AND capacitive buttons are a bit redundant, no? It'd only make sense for the virtual buttons to appear on a phone that doesn't have any buttons, meaning that we probably won't see them on devices that are out right now.
9. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Does anyone know if ICS is coming to devices that originally had previous versions installed? And is there a list of official devices?
10. Jasonhunterx (Posts: 110; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
why cant yea just get its real look at all leaks they are similar an the 4chan user what he said matches exacly
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I Have crossed feelings about this.... some of this features sound just like the ones the guy at 4chan said on the post
yet some parts resemble this
it does not look bad I think
the guy does not seem to be lying to me, I mean the way he seems to try to navigate though the device, and all the things he touches trying to get around tells me he might be far from being a dev or a chef or someone with considerable knowledge about android or how to use the UI.
now can someone compare smoothness with a nexus S or maybe a nexus one? I think it looks faster but maybe its just me getting distracted
Of topic: you guys seriously need some new tags in PA its getting kind of hard to get old news when they pile up and I just happen to loose my bookmark data :/ maybe topic tags related with the things you are talking about (eg leak, ICS, IOS5, nexus prime), makes things better I think
24. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
or maybe this is what we see
48. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Oh and don't go installing this, this is not a trusted source.
15. Penny (Posts: 1361; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Interesting. I'm not experienced enough with Android to guess whether or not this is fake, but it at least does look nice and seems to be much smoother than what I'm used to seeing on Android devices. I'm sure my brother would love it on his Samsung Droid Charge (although he would probably settle for Gingerbread right now lol).
17. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I Looks smooth to me too, maybe its a hardware accelerated UI? and if its a leak... how far it might be from being a final build? alpha? beta?
16. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i never thought ICS was really going to do away with function buttons. it's a step up from the last leak and it could very well be real but i don't really like the dock bar. i think i'll actually want Motorola to customize this a little for me.
18. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
can someone teach him how to do a system dump? if anyone gets his hands on this we might get info on that
22. haha (unregistered)
I'd WAY rather eat fruit than an ice cream sandwich nowadays... possibly an apple but the mangoes looks so delicous. I mean I'll try a sample of all three but I really think mangoes are sounding delicious...
34. tacoooo (unregistered)
1) webOS is dead
2) a person who (helped?) design webos is working for google. its more inspired by webos
44. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
You are right taco, as I mention in the article, Matias Duarte who was the lead designer on webOS now works for Google. He led the Honeycomb design and he is leading the IcS design
46. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
It's a problem when google uses the card approach its immediately flagged as a "copycat" yet the playbook shows cards, simbian shows cards, windows mobile shows cards. But Hatters will hate and trolls will troll
47. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
the Playbook has cards straight up just like webOS.
Google needs a fresh new approach in design. too many different elements that are similar to other Operating Systems coming together.
50. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I had an idea, all I need is a concept designer and I'll be an ui like never before
37. iosmaster (Posts: 115; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
0/samsung-does-not-copy-apple-at-all-sure/please hate Samsung
49. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I had a good laugh, but it's not even on topic
39. readingthissh1t (Posts: 303; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
im jizzing @this especially since im still at 2.1 with the eris. i replace my phone soon, hopefully it comes with this goodness!!
51. Sammy4ever (unregistered)
TRON LEGACY! anyone?
55. dacastrator (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
This is the iPhone/iOS-eating Android.
56. Mooooo (Posts: 212; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
Everything is a remix
This ICS video does not look real to me.