Nokia Lumia's Windows Phone 8 line is heading to Mexico?
Looks like Mexico might end up being the last country to rollout the Nokia Lumia 920 as the current flagship model since the device could be surpassed by what has been allegedly entered into the China Mobile website as the Nokia Lumia 1000. That would be the Nokia Lumia EOS with the 42MP camera sensor for U.S. markets. We should know more for sure when Microsoft holds its February 25th press event.
source: Nokia, Winphollowers (translated) via WMPoweruser
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Nice, but unfortunately Mexico is one of the blackberry nations, will they gonna accept lumia? :(
2. rocketman (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I live in Mexico, and I must say I've seen A LOT of Lumia's out in the streets, mostly 610's though... I've asked people what they think about WP and they like it very much... so no, gladly, Mexico is not a bb nation anymore :)
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
That's great :)
11. Bernoulli (Posts: 1451; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
true true but a lot of people still want symbian, plus since LTE isn't that spread out yet, people will opt to get the nokia 808 pureview before the lumia, fortunately the 808 pureview is already available on nokia Mexico, check it outwww.nokia.com.mx plus with the 808 pureview you can use the cheaper service movistar
12. rocketman (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
The LTE thing is true... It is only available in main cities :( .
15. Bernoulli (Posts: 1451; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
And the symbian thing, ask around if you'd like.
4. urth_key (Posts: 14; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Mexico isn't the last country to get the Lumia 920. Here in the Philippines, we still don't have any Lumia 920s here.:(
5. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I have the 920, and it's great! Super durable, and top quality rear cam and main display screen. However, Nokia needs to build more of them, to meet the heavy demand in Asia, and the rest of the world too...
10. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
where did you bought it in the philippines? how much?
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Wait, they weren't available from before??
13. rocketman (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
No :( Except for Apple and Samsung, Mexico is always late launching new tech products.
9. luabin (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
as the representative of nokia store philippines (SM North annex) says by march lumia 920,820,620 are hitting the shelves.cross finger
14. JulianGT (Posts: 82; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
It is too expensive for me :( better wait for the EOS
16. Muzhhur (Posts: 248; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Im From Mexico, and Im Mad about these phone, time ago nokia has its own retailers but now are closed.
This is disappointing, because many workers will not know when Nokia launched the new Lumias, the expectation is to happen in late February to early March
I just dont belive it came until april, I refuse that