Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 screenshots show lockscreen changes and confirm Hangouts SMS
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
And i thought PAs water marks where bad! but anyway those look super sexy!!!
43. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
The position of the camera button and heck the camera button is the same as ios 7!? As usual copycat android.http://www.google.com.hk/imgre
s?client=safari&sa=X&hl=en&tbm =isch&tbnid=fBQtBTSv-zWfiM:&imgrefurl=http://www.dr oid-life.com/2013/06/12/good-artists-copy-great-artists-steal-opinion/ios-7-lock-screen/&docid=TQk_UFmN4bLLZM&i mgurl=http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iOS-7-Lock-Screen.jpg&w=1216&h=792&ei=YjB YUuaKEsXZrQetvoCQAg&zoom=1&biw =1024&bih=672
44. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
I mean on the lock screen.
50. Klamba92 (Posts: 206; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Yh I preferred slide from the right but android had quick access to camera before iOS did so what is your point?
61. taikucing (unregistered)
Are you blind or stupid? That's already in android some years ago before iPhone even has that.
Let me ask you something. Do notification center, power control, list of running apps are originally from Apple?
BTW lock screen of android is better because you can slide to everywhere to unlock the phone.
I tell you, the app launcher in iPhone is copied from Nokia & many other phones. Apple is not so innovative!
65. tuminatr (Posts: 721; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
Um well android offered the camera button on the lock screen first go figure apple copied, oh and how about that notification pull down direct android rip off. Truth is your right and so am I both companies copy each other it’s a absurd argument, like arguing about the fact that Chevy copied ford cars because they had doors!! And 2 headlights!! And OMFG they were on the front of the car!!!
47. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
are you serious......hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
mate get an education before spewing fanboyish, apple nonsense!!!
BTW that is googles default camera logo...
49. madrisimo7 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
The camera icon has actually been around with the Nexus 4 long before ios7 came out...The placement is definitely similar though
66. mattkl (Posts: 188; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
And a color screen!!!!! They totally copied that, I even bet they use pixels in their screen, just like Apple!!! Son-of-a!!!!!!.........
67. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
And who did Apple copy when they added Live Wallpapers and Quick Settings and a whole bunch of other stuff huh? Underdeveloped iSh33p.
3. Tommy1960i (Posts: 105; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Please release it already. I am sure this phone will be a succes.
20. NexusPhan (Posts: 585; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Hopefully more successful that your spelling.
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
He only lefted out the letter s in success, which could have happened if he/she was typing too fast.
Leave the Grammar Police job to the pros.
30. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
How did I miss correcting him... I need my coffee.
68. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
"Hopefully more successful THAT you're spelling." Never mind his spelling, look at your grammar, buddy
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That screen is so damn beautiful! Loving the wallpaper too!
7. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
hmm....I like i wallpapers, very nice! And i also love the softkeys fading into the wallpaper, beautiful IMO....however, i'm still not sure how much i like all this flat stuff. I'm gonna have to use it and see it in person to make a final decision...it looks nice, but at the same time....idk. We'll see
52. NexusPhan (Posts: 585; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Android is damn flat already. This is a minor evolution of that flat design. That being said, it looks great - as it did before.
8. JMartin22 (Posts: 1508; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
The Halo theme on stock Android was seriously boring and dated looking. Even if this is a minor graphical change to the UI, it's more pleasant, at least.
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Here are your options:
1) Icon packs
That's the beauty of Android. If you don't like it, you have thousands of ways of changing it to suit your needs.
9. sinple (Posts: 124; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
how to access widget list.....
u long press at homescreen??? surprised to see phonearena type such comment.
26. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Thanks for assuming we're complete noobs. I meant, how would casual users who don't know all the long-press tricks get to widgets?
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...how would casual users who don't know all the long-press tricks get to widgets?"
Maybe the same way as advanced users did that when they was casual users? :)
69. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
By "casual users" do you mean "complete noobs"?
29. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Phonearea isnt just a site for experienced users it caters for everybody with an interest!
10. gust3r3u (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
fugly, large icons like 800x400 rez , and google's apps are starting to look like bloatware , give me a clean ui , if i want news an weather i fkin install it from play.store
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...if i want news an weather i fkin install it from play.store"
That's what I have said when I first time saw HTC's BlinkFeed. :)
32. gust3r3u (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
why yes i am , thank you for asking, , please have a cup of tea ...to the face :) , but seriousely i am not impresse with the chocolate kitty
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Then disable the app?
1. Open up the app drawer
2. Long press the app
3. Drag the app to App Info
4. Disable app
11. muser793 (Posts: 53; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
well I think google is becoming the new apple! I can't see any difference between 4.1 n 4.3 or even this 4.4! they just change the background n call it new update! I think it's just a trick, they call it new update n tell u that ur phone can't get this update cause it's very cool n have so many new features like new settings n sh!t and ofc ur quad core phone isn't enough to run this crap, so go get our new nexus...
damn I h8 companies nowdays...
17. Klamba92 (Posts: 206; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Well after ICS android got their ui and look right and then it comes down to polishing, though I still want to see a card ui on android maybe next time? I think you are overreacting personally, what did you want to see in 4.4 exactly?
18. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
and everybody in here is in awe! lol "the screen is sexy, love the wallpaper"
i'm sure this phone will be great but the pics don't suggest it. looks like a normal phone.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No Nexus phone has been labeled as a regular phone...
33. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Nexus phone is not meant to be a top seller, but will be a great device, deal with it....
Also that wallpaper looks amazing and I like the phone icon over there, and the transparent notification bar and navigation keys make it look even better but I bet you fail to notice that
22. NexusPhan (Posts: 585; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Hey buddy. Why do you think it's still 4.x and not 5.0? Exact opposite of Apple in fact.
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9668; Member since: 14 May 2012)
4.x updates happen under the hood. X.0 updates visually.
Btw, since you brought it up, Apple changed the wallpaper from iOS 5 to iOS 6 even though no design changes were made.
13. Klamba92 (Posts: 206; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Yes really liking the new subtle look especially the on screen keys being more transparent. Also are we going back to hold the home screen for widgets. I wonder if we can change icon size though it looks like touchwiz sized?
Am I the only one that thinks Google will just release this by the Web and no event due to all the leaks? Just like last year due to the hurricane.
14. Gulenkov (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 May 2013)
And, by the way, there are 6 homescreens insted of 5.
15. fanboysrdumb (Posts: 44; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
The best thing about nexus line up is updates from Google and that itself is worth buying so you can flip the middle finger to t
Carriers and their bloatware honestly we need to start a campaign against this bs I admire apple for their control. Cause they really satisfy customers especially with updates and even a phone exchange hopefully Google adapts to it
16. ilia1986 (unregistered)
It may be a minor thing but the dots were the only real thing found in TW and missing in stock android which overall mattered.
34. zombiewolf115 (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Jul 2013)
this looks amazing but one thing. google pictures? google i love u and all but i wouldn't want my gallery being tied into google plus
36. Sadman_Hossain (Posts: 18; Member since: 01 Oct 2013)
Everything's fine, but whats up with the app drawer button.. It's a turn off for me.. it was flat as it was..there was no need to change that.
38. Tuxedo (Posts: 193; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
"It's our goal with Android KitKat to make an amazing Android experience available for everybody."
I wonder what they mean by "available for everybody"...
42. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 698; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Its means awesome specs-(Snapdragon 800, 2GB RAM, 8MP OIS camera, 5inch screen, 16/32GB memory) at very low price ($299-$399).
At low prices its "available for everybody".
Plus Android 4.4 is optimized for low spec devices. That means it can run on cheap devices also.. People can get it for $200 above devices...
Thats great isnt it.???
53. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
RUMORED to run on low-spec devices. They could mean android optimization on laptops.
It's likely but not definite.
59. Tuxedo (Posts: 193; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
I hope what they mean is that the update is somehow going to be made available to all devices meeting the min hw reqs.
46. Klamba92 (Posts: 206; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Well you don't know have to you can just use custom launchers and use custom icons that's what is great about android afterall!