New leak shows alleged image of Samsung Galaxy S III; specs include quad-core Exynos processor
between the latter and a stock Android 4.0 experience. Also, the unit will have a ceramic “micro arc oxidation” back.
Obviously, we can't say that this is the real deal, nor can we be quick to say it is a fake. Just file this in the back of your mind and as more details emerge, we can get an idea of what the Samsung Galaxy S III will really look like.
source: Reddit via Phandroid
1. jan25 (Posts: 418; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
those specs sound too good to be true. i am inclined to believe it's a fake leak.
7. jove39 (Posts: 1330; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
But I have belief those spec are true...this is most legit leaked photo till date.
20. robinrisk (unregistered)
The photo is fake. Proof? Go to photoshop and brighten up the photo, you can clearly see the soft buttons were clumsily pasted over a GSII's or Note's hardware buttons,
35. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Nope. It's fake. Look at how low the bottom of the screen supposedly is; too low imo.
Specs sound great, but I would not put much faith in them. Actually, I think the photos w/ the front speaker are more likely real than this one.
45. Mr.Best (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
While the specs seem outrageous, Sammy did the same thing the last time with the Galaxy S2 as the first smartphone (at least android) that featured a dual core 1.2ghz processor, 8mpx rear and 2mpx front facing cameras. I can see how these rumored specs may be true...or at least close. The pic looks fake though.
3. plgladio (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Spec sheet sounds great, but I feel the mobile is wide.. I'm not going to buy this.. :(
4. sheepygalaxy (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
this could be possible due sammy pulling out all the stops to destroy the compitition.Just look what they did with the s2 nothing really touched it not even iphone 4s
6. jove39 (Posts: 1330; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I am buying unlocked International version this time...start saving fellas :)
8. Omfgwaffles (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
I hope this is true, was thinking about buying the Sony Xperia S in a couple of weeks, but I'd better have some patience and wait for this monster :d
49. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
LOL, if you think that way you will never buy a phone man...
GS3 will be released in June, by then the Xperia Z will be announced, so you wont buy the GS3, and after that Xperia Mint will be announced...so you won't buy the Z.
Just get the XS..
57. Omfgwaffles (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
No rather wait for the S3, if the rumors are true it's build quality will be better, it's specs will be a lot better and thus I'll be able to enjoy it longer before buying another new phone.
9. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Amazing, judging from the specs reviewers will have a hard time finding any cons about this phone.
40. _PHug_ (Posts: 395; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
BGR will say it's a 9 simply because it's not Apple
11. phatride4ever (Posts: 32; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
Seriously sounds too good to be true....
12. rd_nest (Posts: 824; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Some guy just created eight pictures (photoshop) just like this. This is obviously a fake.
13. clevername (Posts: 1431; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Idc if the pics are real the processor and screen specs most likely are. The part I'm hoping is true is the ability to switch between stock and touchwiz. that gets me excited.
14. sldjflojdf (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
i like the design but isn't it a little to wide i mean it kind looks like a galaxy note?
36. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
agreed, the screen of 4.7inches is too big. i thought samsung could be smarter on this one.
but its not too much bigger with the wasted bottom part of the screen being the android buttons.
Won't that cause burn-in?
15. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
If all of it is true, then Samsung played out everything the best it could.
Now just make some tv dock(like Sony's smart dock) that can go with this, and you will have my vote, Samsung.
16. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The photo could easily be a galaxy s2 with a customer launcher on it like ics launcher or go launcher with an ice cream sandwich theme
17. iblackdroid (Posts: 67; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
Reading this put the biggest smile on my face :) Specs are amazing
19. the_s2 (Posts: 211; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Wish to hell that its a fake!! I'd prefer physical buttons than space wasting on screen buttons!!!!!
29. jove39 (Posts: 1330; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well...isn't screens buttons meant to save space...i mean lower bezel size would be reduced to accommodate on screen buttons...and result of that...we have larger screen
21. cncrim (Posts: 547; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
The Spec is great, something i alway want on android phone since day one, push phone hardware to its edge limit. Addition, Samsung camera is great but I definite said it needs to match Iphone4s or exceed.
Anyway, the pic look more like Note, the S for more sport look. The Note has the wide body for taking note so the ratio close to 4:3, and SIII is more like a phone so will be more like Nexus 16:9.
22. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
"4.7 inch screen that is about the size of the phone itself"
23. ffaarrooqq (Posts: 64; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Hope samsung increases its battery capacity and also have good camera.. 12mp or up.
24. sheepygalaxy (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
I would like to see how much this will be on contract in uk as all networks have slashed the s2 to free from £18pm with 200mins unlimited text and 500mg data
25. masterchina (Posts: 52; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Hope this comes to tmo, with these specs! Not no crap-dragon!
26. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i think these are the most alleged specs of the going to be SMARTPHONE GOD , the SGS3, except that 2 gb ram, i think it would be 1.5 gb. I AM waiting for this monster for more than 3 months to replace my XPERIA ARC
30. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
As much as I love stock Android, I am curious to see TW 5.0...
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 12620; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That screen looks like a cluttered mess.
32. a961009 (Posts: 116; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
This is really fake. I know samsung. They will put touchwiz on their phone.
46. kamejoko (Posts: 115; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
No. This is test product, must run on basic android. Touchwiz it's only a launcher.
33. TBONEraca (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
if i can tell what i want to be on s3:
- 4.7-4.8 inc screen
- 2gb ram (i want that much and i doubt it will be more)
- 2or4core soc (just that it's better than the rest of the competition cpu and graphic)
- at least 8mp or more (8 is enough coz of the storage space and it is better to have better quality small picture than bad big one)
- it would be nice that it have 32gb internal storage and micro sd slot
- i would like if the buttons stays the same than s2 have (add camera button)
- 720p (would be enough)
- battery that last at least 18 hours on above average usage
39. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I also would like the Home button. That is why I bought the international version of the S II.
34. matrix_neo (Posts: 321; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
The first time i saw the photo i thought its galaxy nexus. I dont like the design but the specs are mind blowing. If these specs are true... Sammy is ready for battle. :-p
38. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Fake picture and faje specs.... bet some people not only believe those specs....they are placing orders on that website a few articles back..
41. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
Hmmm.... Deja Vu! All of this feels so familiar after the Galaxy Nexus speculation / disappointment a few months ago. Just wait for the announcement!!!!!!
42. _PHug_ (Posts: 395; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Samsung Galaxy rumors and leaks get me butt cised!
This is my new favorite site!
43. sheepygalaxy (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
I think most people on this are missing the point at the end of the day sammy wants to be the best and this is what the majority of the public want.so why why do fandroids keep saying its all fake yet this is what they all want.This is coming from someone who owns a sW n83gs and lumia 800
44. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 218; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Whoever said that you will be able to switch from stock ICS to ICS touch wiz is a fool
47. a_tumiwa (Posts: 301; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
i doubt the battery has 2250mah, the size is only a little bigger than sgs2 which have only 1650mah
48. Android2627 (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
1 More thin if it would Waterproof and Dust proof it Would definitely be awesome just think of using the worlds Brightest screen And a Monsterly Powered Phone in rain snow everywhere! No worries!
50. Phonecall01 (Posts: 176; Member since: 02 Apr 2009)
There's a good change this could be all made up, BUT Samsung has been pretty aggressive lately and this looks like the kind of s**t they would pull to "Destroy" the competition... Hope it's the real. It it is.... HOLY s**t !!!
51. remixfa (Posts: 14163; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if its a fake, its better than the last few fakes. who knows. we will all find out shortly enough. hold your darn horses. no matter what the SGS3 is, its going to be a class leading device. Samsung hasnt screwed up on the last 2 SGS models, they are not going to screw the pooch on what is argueably their most important device to date. HTC,Huawai, and others (maybe the i5) are seriously stepping up their game this year. Samsung is not going to release a minor update. Chill out.
52. kanagadeepan (Posts: 722; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
4.7" screen -- Possible (Galaxy Nexus has 4.65" and without the bottom touch-android button space, the screen will be 4.35" -- Perfect imho)
SuperAMOLED-PLUS HD ----- Possible only if Samsung decided to stop pentile matrix displays, ELSE A BIGGG NOOOO...
12MPx camera with flash ------ Possible
2GB RAM ------ Hard to believe, but possible as GPU shares from this pool of memory for the 720p display...
2250mAh battery on 8mm thin body ------ Possible i Samsung worked hard like Motorola...
QuadCore Eynos 4412 processor ------ Possible...
Ceramic Micro Arc Oxidation Back -------- WHATEVER IT MAY BE, possible
SAMSUNG giving users the option to toggle between STOCK Android 4.0 and TouchWiz --------- NOT AT ALL POSSIBLE...
60. remixfa (Posts: 14163; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
as far as that last bit, on ICS, phone makers are longer allowed to remove the "Hologram UI" from android anymore, so technically even if they dont make it easy for you to switch to stock, stock is still under there waiting to be found.
My guess is non-pentile. They go back and forth with generations with it. pentile to get there, then they adjust it to RGB.. then pentile to get to 720p, now they should be adjusting it to RGB.
With the increase in pixels and resolution, the memory should be 1.5g-2gig.
53. bbblader (Posts: 583; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
we didnt expect the nokia 808 pw to be more than 24mpx but its 41mpx
so who knows maybe this is true
54. rubal (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
opENing PhONeAreNa Just ANd jUst FOr SamSUnG s3...EarGErLy WaITing FOr THis GadGet.....
55. musi722 (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
I'm happy for sammy fans if those specs are true and sory for my self becuse i love iPhone so this is a real iPhone killer , Apple must do something
56. sheepygalaxy (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
either way you look at it the gs2 won best handset of 2011 so sammy will be looking at doing the same for this year by having better specs and design.
58. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
it is getting boring .Everyday we see another leaked pic .I am confused about desing .That is awful i think
59. deeoh1084 (Posts: 49; Member since: 30 Dec 2009)
if those specs are true.. man... i'll be one damn happy camper b/c i am planning on getting this SGS III no matter what!!!!! so much for HTC & LG (i'm done with them.. they are both horrible horrible manufacturers) 2gb RAM? Quad Core Exynos? 12 MP? HD Resolution? 2250 mAH battery? and possible choice of either Touchwiz or Vanilla android that you are going to be able to switch back and forth? man what can you ask for more? i hope all these specs are true i really really hope