New 10 inch tablet from HTC leaks with unique design
First of all, three of the tablet's sides have no bezel. The fourth side more than makes up for that by having plenty of bezel space. This gives you plenty of grip room along the bottom, which would be fine except that the camera lens is placed smack dab in that new country called Bezelia which could lead to many pictures where your thumb becomes an unwelcome photographic subject. Meanwhile, we don't have a name yet for this device which is sure to attract attention of one kind or another at IFA.
Check out the pictures below, and then check out the comments box so you can let us know what you think of this different design from the Taiwan based manufacturer.
source: EVLeaks via Phandroid
HTC's unique looking tablet Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
20. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 29 Aug 2012, 03:36 4 2
I don't like it, but praise to HTC for thinking out of the box.
I think Fujitsu does it best.
39. jaytai0106 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 11:35 2 0
I'm not sure if you can say different design. It looks a lot like Mac desktop... which I'm not a fan of. I think they are pushing to put the One X/S's design in everything a little too far.
44. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 29 Aug 2012, 21:05 1 0
by you say different you mean WEIRD
2. No_Nonsense posted on 29 Aug 2012, 02:17 20 0
iMac comes to the mind, however I bet Apple won;t sue this unless this becomes a threat to them
29. ajac09 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 06:14 6 0
if it sells then yup they will sue. and they will win because apple is an American company and HTC isnt. Gotta love it.
4. androidornothing posted on 29 Aug 2012, 02:25 5 1
Yup it does look like the iMac. HTC gonna get sued by someone. I dont wana say the name but it starts with an A ends with a E and has PPL in it.
45. phitch posted on 29 Aug 2012, 22:24 0 1
Doesn't work like that, the iMac is in an entirely different area for sales. It is why Apple iPhones look exactly like flat screen TVs but they have patents on design.
5. TheLibertine posted on 29 Aug 2012, 02:25 5 3
Awwww yeah. I also had to think about an iMac instantly, but we can't disagree on it being beautiful, can we?
6. kamil posted on 29 Aug 2012, 02:26 0 0
totally reminds me of an imac but the mobile version
15. wendygarett posted on 29 Aug 2012, 02:57 4 1
it looks more like a mini tv rather than the mac
24. Droid_X_Doug posted on 29 Aug 2012, 04:28 3 0
Apple may be serving you with a lawsuit for leaking one of their new iTV designs.... :-) It looks very much like a small-scale TV that would sit on a dresser or lamp stand in a bedroom.
10. GeekMovement posted on 29 Aug 2012, 02:47 1 0
Same. I like how HTC is trying to design a different looking tablet, but it did look like the imac monitor a lot when I first glanced at it. Eh.
11. jove39 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 02:52 5 0
Not bad HTC...hope you put that extra real estate to good use...for extra batteries :)
14. tiara6918 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 02:56 4 0
Htc's biggest comeback! But it has to have better and more convincing specs than the one on the iPad and note 10.1 for it to be competitive...
41. nicholassss posted on 29 Aug 2012, 13:32 0 0
And guys, I was watching TV this morning, and i realized my LG TV is shaped with the same goofy but at the bottom, so probably the only reason iMac comes to mind is the whiteness of it.
Still dig it. Gorgeous design.
17. wattabulb posted on 29 Aug 2012, 03:05 2 0
And then Apple said: "People buy HTC (no-name -yet) device thinking they are buying iMac."...... :P
19. Berzerk000 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 03:35 0 0
This is... Interesting. It looks like an iMac, but eh, people will definitely know the difference. If this is real, I wonder about the specs... Nice design though, looks like the front and back cameras are on the bottom of it, which is odd.
21. wendygarett posted on 29 Aug 2012, 03:53 0 1
one thing i know is that there will be no removable battery and no sd card :)
40. Hotzb22 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 12:58 1 0
yup Toshiba Thrive
46. Berzerk000 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 02:08 0 0
To have a better looking device, yes... Uni-body designs almost always looks better than those with removable parts.
25. xtian1103 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 04:53 0 0
from a design stand point, it really looks like it was inspired from another electronic gadget. now don't be very surprised if a company sues htc for this one.
26. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 29 Aug 2012, 06:05 0 0
Oh now Apple is going to sue HTC for it "looking" like a iMac. But I like the design.
28. yajia1 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 06:12 4 0
HTC is really going the high-end high-way. Very nice! Lovely design. I hope the screen is like the one on my OneX which made me fall deeply in love with it despite the cons. Techgasms....
30. DigitalMD posted on 29 Aug 2012, 06:21 0 4
so I have coffee now. Blah..... HTC is really not competitive anymore. They will weigh this thing down with outdated Sense UI and a hefty price tag, so big whoop.
37. PapaSmurf posted on 29 Aug 2012, 10:57 1 0
It appears to me you've just described the iPhkne and iOS.
31. Alp1111 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 07:17 0 0
there are no android or windows touch buttons on it
32. rla2680 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 07:19 0 0
i really like the design, just not the camera placement. I laud HTC's efforts
36. PapaSmurf posted on 29 Aug 2012, 10:54 1 0
Picture 6 makes it look like its running Gingerbread instead of ICS or JB. :/
38. gwuhua1984 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 11:01 0 0
Looks really thin... and it looks a bit like the computer monitor that the company I used to work for was trying to develop back in 2003 for a hipster line of computers, looks nicer tho...
42. nicholassss posted on 29 Aug 2012, 13:43 1 0
about the camera placement;
I was thinking about this two ways, first manufacturers shift the cameras around all the time, left, right, center, some are closer to the edge some are up to a third of the way down the phone (even centered if you go back to flip phones)
And second, even if its a little weird, HTC is a big enough company and can afford to put enough money in to R&D and design that I dont think the camera would have ended up there if it was impractical or downright stupid placement.
That was my longest comment ever and it was supporting a company i hardly even like, haha. =p