LG Vu 3 phablet now official: 5.2-inch 4:3 display, powered by Snapdragon 800
A quick search through our rather extensive database of rumors shows that LG's Vu 3 has generated disproportionately less hype than a device of it's class and stature usually does. The internals, as rumored, turned out great for the most part. Those include the odd 5.2-inch 1280x960 (308 ppi) display which features a boxy aspect ratio of 4:3, Qualcomm's latest and greatest Snapdragon 800 clocked at 2.3GHz and an Adreno 330 GPU running at 450MHz. Along also comes 2GB of RAM, a 13MP rear shooter with an LED flash, and a 2.1MP camera at the front. Moreover, the LG Vu 3 will come running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box, and have access to the world's fastest mobile networks, courtesy of its LTE-Advanced capabilities.
LG didn't stop there, though – a dedicated rubber rhodium stylus pen has also been thrown into the mix. Sadly, apart from providing the usual slew of functions like note-taking, converting the phablet's screen into a notebook for writing and drawing, and the like, it doesn't appear as if LG's new phone will surprise in this particular department.
Proprietary gadgetry and general tech that we've come to recognize will also make an appearance in the Vu 3. These include LG's translucent QuickView case and software features like KnockOn (first seen on the LG G2) and the self-explanatory Guest Mode.
While pricing is currently unknown, LG Vu 3's release date has been set for September 27, for the South Korean market at least – worldwide availability appears unlikely. This is to be expected, considering the relatively miserable amounts of excitement the boxy Vu 3 has generated in the West.
LG Vu 3 now official Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
LG Vu 3 now official
8. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 547; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Also look like a Samsung devices. Why almost all LG phone follows design of Samsung??
22. rob5150 (Posts: 88; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
in general design aspects, a rectangular'sh design thin, with glass top and buttons...........
the person that made the first dashboard for a car.... wide , about 10" high... dials in it gauges in it a radio in it a steering wheel sticking out of it....
everyone copied that too.
what should phone makers make big round devices?
if they do , will they be considered copying a basketball?
in design engineering shape is one thing,,,
but actual button designs and placement is important.
the quality and or amount of pressure needed to depress is important and i will only buy phones that have power button on side . samsung infuse i had killed me with the top button, some of the htc's went there too. so .. they were all looking similar in shape but design features swayed me to other phones.
and now after my S3 for year with that front physical button and now my lg optimus g pro with it too,
ill always look for that too, the reason?
my car dock and wireless charging pad in my house, all you need to do is tap one handed operation to light up.
with side mounted only buttons its an awkward one handed squeeze
7. Ahmad.Mostafa (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
bt u know g2 amazing mob.. and i think g2 make diet by using the rear key :P
25. Shatter (Posts: 1763; Member since: 29 May 2013)
G2 could of been the same size with onscreen buttons but they opted for back ones.
26. DONUT (Posts: 188; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
the G2 would not be the same size as the Vu3 even if the buttons were on the sides. the screen ratio of both phones are different, there is no way the G2 would have been this fat with its screen ratio
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Doesn't even look 1/2 of the beauty of the Note 3.
4. hmd74 (Posts: 219; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Who's buying this Sh**?!
G2 has the same display with better aspect ratio...
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Same display? Noooooo same screen size.
1280x960 < 1920x1080.
10. hmd74 (Posts: 219; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Yeah I knew that...
I meant the screen size...
11. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 723; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
come on guys,..this is baby G-pad. loves junk food..
12. justsayit (Posts: 112; Member since: 09 May 2013)
why? this "oval shape" look very ugly,
old vu 2 look much better!! (vu2 still does not launches in here :(
13. mottykels (Posts: 362; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Not again LG, MY G! Dont be so confident with this handset!!!!!
15. JMartin22 (Posts: 642; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Oh look, a generic LG phone running mis-placed high-end components. There's really nothing special to describe this phone or why they made it lol.
18. Doctor_Drei (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Jul 2013)
Wow, this could be a Samsung Note III competitor.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No it's not. It's ugly, obese, and destined to fail at launch.
29. ebubekir26 (Posts: 305; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
what? this doesn't even come close to the Note 3, the Note 3 simply shiiits all over the VU 3
19. amats69 (Posts: 827; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Lets just wait for a square smartphone from LG this coming months..years...lol
23. Diego! (Posts: 474; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
This looks exactly the same as a Samsung Galaxy S4 going fat. LG please stop copying Samsung's design (which they are criticized for) and start making your own designs!
24. DONUT (Posts: 188; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
omg tt thing looks... words cannot describe how horrendous this thing is dear god. the original Vu: and Vu:2 looked so much better than this obese thing. wtf was LG thinking when they designed this?!
the case however, is cool and i hope they make it for the G2 too
34. cdwjustin (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
some women keep there phones in their purses... Kinda crazy aint it
39. cdwjustin (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
your more than welcome to carry a purse to
28. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
wow, its beautiful
308 ppi plus 4:3 ratio, this is heaven for manga reader.
31. Immolate (Posts: 245; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
I would rather gouge out my own eyes with rusty spoons and eat them in a goose liver pudding than be seen next to someone who was using this phone.
33. cdwjustin (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
with an attitude like that im sure your not often seen next to anyone EVER
32. cdwjustin (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
My wife wants one to bad no U.S. release.
36. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
How are you supposed to hold the dang thing? What an absurd shape for a phone. But the Vu line has always been ridiculous.
37. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
at least they finally put the stylus inside the phone:) i mean the intuition was just ugh