LG Display seeks injunction on Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 in South Korea
an injunction against sales in South Korea of the Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 tablet. The request was in response to a filing made by Samsung on December 7th alleging that LG infringed on 7 of Sammy's patents relating to LCD technology.
Besides seeking to block sales of the Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1, LG wants 1 billion won a day ($933,000 USD) in damages in case Samsung refuses to comply with a court-ordered injunction. Responding to LG's request for the injunction, Samsung Display VP Shim Jaeboo said that Samsung did not infringe on LG's patents and that it will respond to the "unjustified charges" made by LG. According to LG, Samsung infringed on patents related to viewing technology embedded in panels which helps keep images on the screen looking sharp regardless of the viewing angle.
source: DowJones, FossPatents via Engadget
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Good artists copy, great artists steal.
6. sarb009 (Posts: 265; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Good troll trolls and bad troll too.
4. Ravail (Posts: 181; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Lol LG needs to quit their "Apple behavior" and worry about fixing their products, the last LG i had was the LG Optimus G and it was one of the worst android experiences ive had, buggy and battery life was absolutely horrible.. Went back with my GS3 :)
7. rf1975 (Posts: 232; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
So basically you are telling the device with,
True HD-IPS + 768 x 1280 pixels,
Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait(Qualcomm MDM9615/APQ8064),
2 GB RAM,
gave you a worst android experience......than the crap GS3.
12. pkiran1996 (Posts: 160; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Sorry but I would also rather have the S3. Its not all about specs. The UI on the Optimus G is poorly designed and unintuituve, and is far worse than TouchWiz. There's no point in having good hardware if the UI is poor (which phone arena stated in their review) If the Optimus G had stock, then fair enough. That's a different story.
15. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4617; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about UI I agree I also would choice TouchWiz but talking about hardware I would choice LG Optimus G.
22. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
definitely not a fan of LG's UI. not matter what hardware is brought to the table...if the UI sucks, then i'm uninterested hence never being interested in any type of LG android phone.
14. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Huh that's funny. My wife, step mom, cousin and a couple co workers have the optimus g. And none of them have complained at all. I'm gonna call bs.
17. etotherescue (Posts: 25; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I call BS on that.....the Optimus G isnt buggy at all.......and the battery life is pretty good.
8. Adithya7184 (Posts: 267; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
now LG is following apple..."Samsung infringed on patents related to viewing technology embedded in panels which helps keep images on the screen looking sharp regardless of the viewing angle"
what the heck is happened to LG....
9. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
And Samsung will only said:" We did not infringe on their patents".
10. rf1975 (Posts: 232; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
small correction. Samsung will tell to LG "Battle in the market not in the court room". And they will tell "Court battle always slow down innovation". Innovation=copy in samsung english korean dictionary.
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4617; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
For some reasons I think that the next year will be the same suing year.
19. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Heck... one more good advertisement campaign for Samsung ... when will these companies learn .. Apple made a "Star/Hero" out of Samsung now why would soem want to add more to that stature :)
21. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Samsung is no hero, there now just as bad as apple, just many like you turn a blind eye to samsungs part in this and focus on apple
20. jroc74 (Posts: 4013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
When will it end....is this gonna make its way to the HDTV side? If so....its funny because all is well over there right now.