HTC One will be HTC's one flagship Android model in 2013
the HTC One X+ was born and those who had purchased the earlier non-plus model had to feel a little snake-bit. After all, they were locked into the older device for two years. With that in mind, HTC wanted to make sure that those interested in buying the upcoming HTC One don't hold off on making the purchase because they are worried that a better model will be available shortly after the phone is released. It was less than 8 months between the time that the AT&T One X was launched and the AT&T One X + was available. But there will be no repeat of that with the HTC One.
HTC's Phil Roberson says that there will be only one HTC flagship Android phone for 2013 and that is the HTC One. This will not only allow buyers to purchase the phone without fear that it will be obsolete quicker than usual, but it also allows HTC to focus its marketing on one flagship device across all U.S. carriers. This is what Samsung has successfully done with the Samsung Galaxy S III and it has worked wonders for them.
1. pyradark (Posts: 796; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
hahaha!! they already Lose with this one!!!
10. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
cus samsung and its fans wonder of this one..
its not important..
its great years for htc and htc`s fans..
welcome to success year..
htc will back to peak of sales.
good job and best decision..
i wating for one in march.
21. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I also want htc to be one of the top manufacturers.
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Because HTC is losing on ~25% of U.S. cellular subscribers by not offering the One on VZW?
12. pyradark (Posts: 796; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
its easy! sales is going down, still no update with the sales of Droid DNA & butterfly, they dont even help HTC pull on Q4 2012.
HTC One is very good but it dont have a stand out to other company.
No matter what Ultra Pixel they have, people will choose next Lumia
No matter how strong it build, people will choose Xperia Z
No matter how fast is it, people are still blind will Sammy S4
No matter how cost it is, people still buy iphone 5
No matter how nothing it has to offer, people is thinking twice with LG.
Its hard to compete Now with nothing to offer both paper and reality!!
18. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
oooo plz stop my friend!!
r u say a joke??
-lumia maybe has a better camera but maybe that isnt great option like slow motion..altogether exept camera one smock it in all around .. correct?
-xperia z ??www collection of fault..sh``ti display ..weak camera in level 8mp..weak sound in comparison with one..low battery (li-ion is not good as li-po)
-s4 ..well..its all around exept plastic body and not good as one screen and sound..
-iphone 5???very weak and scrachable body..dont u read about its problems??
-lg???dont speak about it when there is htc, samsung and ...
in overall one is a collection of best build quaility and spc since now if s4 can change this matter.
22. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Who said lumia has the better camera. One has better camera than lumia. But nokia trolls won't accept it.
2. yyuu1000 (Posts: 153; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
lets see all the other flagship phones like the s4, next nexus, lg`s flagship and motorola
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1421; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
what about a mid range device with the same camera?
7. Izoe (Posts: 123; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)
If you want a lower cost device, buy last years model, that's how how apple does it, so why not htc?
5. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1062; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I'm feeling a comeback this year for HTC
6. Taters (Posts: 3738; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They also said that they would cut down on handsets and concentrate on the premiumhandsets. They totally failed with that. Let's hope they keep their word this time.
8. speckledapple (Posts: 886; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Here's hoping they support it past one year.
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Support is not exactly HTC's strength....
17. darkskoliro (Posts: 1036; Member since: 07 May 2012)
they re did htc sense specifically for the one. Wish they supported my device too though. But i think this is a new start for them..
14. MrJerry (Posts: 401; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Honestly i dont believe this.
HTC One for entire year of 2013?
Dont kid me.
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3081; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
We've all heard this before. I'll believe it in the beginning of 2014 when they haven't dropped a One +, Omega One, True One, Real One, Only One, Next One, Another One, One More, or the very confusing, One Two yet.
20. KParks23 (Posts: 497; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Lol @ some of the one names I hope vzw gets one of them one's
28. Whateverman (Posts: 3235; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Unfortunately it doesn't even look like VZW is getting "THE" One! VZW is king of NOT getting the next big thing... The Note 1, GS2, 920, Evo, nor the OG iPhone! And now that they've screwed up the Galaxy Nexus, they've proven themselves completly incapable of pleasing their customers. Well, maybe some customers but right now, the only thing saving VZW is their coverage. If the others catch up and they main the restrictive, bloatware adding, price gouging, data sharing, "F**k you, pay me!" style business they seem to be acting like these days, they'll see huge shift in their churn. Starting with all the disgruntle unlimited data customers.
16. rizevnarastek (Posts: 337; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Way to go HTC! It's a step in the right direction.
23. shuaibhere (Posts: 1753; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
But what about snapdragon 600 it will be pretty old....800 is on the way...
24. shuaibhere (Posts: 1753; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
But what about snapdragon 600.. it will be pretty old at that time....800 is on the way...
25. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
ill look at S4 and One :D Sammy and HTC are my favor8 manufacturers :D
26. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Droid DNA is better because
Smaller top and bottom bezel
Good proven camera vs Experimental camera
29. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
am i the only one who hates built in batteries? and is there a positive side ? because i know plenty of negatives and i think with htcs battery reputaion it might not be the best idea.