Gorgeous HP Envy x2 Windows 8 tablet hybrid outed
But first - the display. At 11.6 inches the HP Envy x2 is bigger than most tablets out there. The resolution is 1366 x 768, the same as on an average Windows notebook. It’s an IPS LCD screen with reportedly a bright image.
The keyboard base of the hybrid device comes with a chiclet design for the keys and a relatively big touchpad. The tablet inserts with a latch mechanism.
With the combo of a tablet and keyboard, you get plenty of battery life. Just like we’ve seen on existing Asus Transformer tablets, the keyboard dock battery dries up first, leaving as much juice as possible for the tablet screen.
HP is planning to release the Envy x2 before the Holiday season, and just as everything at IFA so far, there is no exact price named.
HP Envy x2 Windows 8 tablet
3. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I like this one more than the samsung one...Want one minus the crappy internals that HP has been pushing lately.
4. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1811; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Nice!!!! A lot of cool tablets, are coming to the market :-)
5. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
This is a very good looking device by HP. There are so many Windows 8 devices coming out of the closet, I don’t know which one I should get. Microsoft is going all out with their partners. I'm just waiting to see what other companies will be coming out with Windows Phone 8 besides Nokia and Samsung!
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
I smell a lot of windows tablets recently...
Oh well... BYE BYE IPAD!!!!
7. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
I like this, looks sleek, slim and very nice big screen.
Good job HP a very nice appealing tablet to me.
9. thebest (Posts: 231; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
beautiful........but i think it will be quite heavy
10. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
ooh, if only there was an option to preorder.
11. DWillyEfect (Posts: 52; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Fantastic looking tablet/laptop. I'm sure it wont be cheap though.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8170; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This looks nice, but I'm getting my customized 15.6" ENVY. Nothing can compare to it.
13. sonisoe (Posts: 325; Member since: 06 May 2009)
naaaaa.... sony vaio duo 11 is a better more practical device with a sliding screen....
14. ilkinandr92 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
I think someone is about to get sued. I love HP and their products but this keyboard closely resembles Mac Air and if it starts out selling apple they deff gonna through a tantrum .
15. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
This keyboard design looks a lot better than the Mac's
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5588; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i've always leaned more towards HP's PCs and Laptops. i personally use a dv7t quad-edition HP Laptop and i've maxed out the RAM to 16GB. it's a monster. i'd really like to have one of these though. o:
17. faizyab (Posts: 7; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Your article has lots of information just like this I saw one another article check this
18. 12013E12T (Posts: 37; Member since: 08 Sep 2009)
this looks really good! i'll wait to see how it performs once it's released before i hype myself up too much
19. valapsp (Posts: 474; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
The only problem is the screen resolution. Come on HP we want Full HD.