Google has Good Humor; next OS release nearly confirmed as Ice Cream Sandwich
While not officially announced by the Mountain View based company, in a reply to an emailed question about an unknown issue by an AOSP forum member, Google's Romain Guy replied, "A bug fix will be provided in Ice Cream Sandwich." We could get confirmation at the approaching Google I/O.
While the image of ice cream and bugs doesn't really sound appealing, the race is already on to guess the dessert to be used for the software version after Ice Cream Sandwich. Jellybeans, anyone?
3. D2Balla (unregistered) posted on 02 May 2011, 15:45 2 1
Its goes in order
Ice cream Sandwich(wtf lol)
Jelly bean (maybe idk)
Key lime pie(idkkk)
22. ravishankarr posted on 03 May 2011, 05:18 1 0
Just like ubuntu... I heard once that for 'M' they were gonna name it Masturbating Mynx!!! XD
4. elpajaro81 (unregistered) posted on 02 May 2011, 15:50 0 0
mayb Jello? Jellyroll??
5. elpajaro81 (unregistered) posted on 02 May 2011, 15:53 1 0
then mayb kool-aid or kettle corn....lmao
6. bob. (unregistered) posted on 02 May 2011, 15:56 0 0
7. som posted on 02 May 2011, 16:32 0 0
Microsoft is learning something from Google and Windows 7.5 will be Mango.
Google will take their names from desserts and Microsoft will take names from fruits,
8. agedbeer posted on 02 May 2011, 16:38 1 1
Ah... I love Android and their awesomely named OS versions. If only Apple did that with iOS.
23. Rich (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 15:27 1 1
NO WAY! they cannot do that!!! it must be called iOS. and it cannot be written 'ios' or 'IOS' or in any other form!!! iT MUST BE WRITTEN "iOS"!!!!!!!!!
with a number after it of corse!!! bc thats the tech way of doing it and it looks so darn cool!!!
iOS5..... iOS9... iOFORCHRISTSAKEAPPLEISTHEANTICRIST
28. ATTCallCenter (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 10:21 0 0
"iOS5..... iOS9... iOFORCHRISTSAKEAPPLEISTHEANTICRIST"
I'm sorry good sir, you forgot the S, should have been:
And just so I can get some thumbs down, Android "IBS" aka Irritable Bowl Sydrome
9. luis_lopez_351 posted on 02 May 2011, 16:46 1 0
i think its jellly filled doughnut xD...wheres A & B thoe :O
12. protozeloz posted on 02 May 2011, 19:06 0 0
A is for android and B.... well.... I ATE B happy now LOL
19. mad5870 (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 00:23 0 0
A is for the alpha release and b is for the beta release. idk just a guess.
10. IOS5 (unregistered) posted on 02 May 2011, 17:30 4 0
That's cool but Android already chose the sweets and Microsoft chose the fruits! So Apple has to sue Microsft for choosing fruits cause Apple it's one of the fruits?! XD
11. ho (unregistered) posted on 02 May 2011, 17:50 1 4
I hope it's jizz!
13. obnoxious9162775 posted on 02 May 2011, 19:13 2 0
Maybe something spicy, not really a dessert but what about Jalapeno'.........
14. ZaY posted on 02 May 2011, 21:22 0 2
Why do they keep moving on and on. Google needs to take a break of 2 to 3 years on updates. There are phones that haven't even touched honeycomb or near it. im stuck on 2.2 not even 2.3 yet. Evo Shift
16. Sniggly posted on 02 May 2011, 23:36 1 0
Because Google and Android don't just stop and sit still, they keep moving on. They make the updates available as soon as they can. I like the quick timetable of updates; it makes me feel like they care about their product and are constantly working to improve it and make it more fun, more functional, and run smoother than before.
17. luis_lopez_351 posted on 02 May 2011, 23:41 0 0
Also because of all the stupid low end androids that delay updates. why does google approve low end? its not making it available to more people, what they need an affordable smart phone that will defect in 2 months???
18. Sniggly posted on 03 May 2011, 00:08 0 0
Not every *low end* smartphone defects, luis. Granted, Moto has yet to make a good low end smartphone, but HTC's Eris qualified as low end by the time it was finally axed, and the Bravo doesn't seem too bad either (it's not quite low end.)
Android is open source, which by definition means that it can be used by anybody for any device. So the better question is why the manufacturers bother making the lower end devices if they suck. the answer is that it widens their customer base. For instance, I tried the Cliq, which was mid range at best by the time I bought it. I wasn't entirely satisfied, but by that time I was hooked on Android and ready for a higher end experience.
20. JD (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 03:06 0 0
21. Sohaib (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 04:57 0 0
What will they do after they've used all the alphabets till "Z" ?? Maybe they'll switch to the main course :)
24. Markman2012 posted on 03 May 2011, 15:38 0 0
Jeloto >im so surprised noone thought of the italian icecream desert its brillient
29. ATTCallCenter (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 10:35 0 0
"Jeloto" is Gellato...
25. J (unregistered) posted on 03 May 2011, 17:16 0 0
And you'll actually get to experience it when??
27. chinakidoliver.iab posted on 03 May 2011, 19:29 0 0
really wat about the optimus line they came built with froyo , while samsung ones are just getting it (not dissing sammie)