Google Wallet to be accepted at more than 7,000 Subway stores by April
Some Subway stores in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and New York have already received the NFC reader and others will have it before the end of 2011. Sometime next year, support for Subway cards and promotions will be added. No doubt we will see a commercial where Jared heads into a Subway location, paying for a foot-long with his Google Nexus S 4G.
1. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
im still a little bit iffy about security issues with google wallet.. what if your phone gets stolen?
2. cupcake (Posts: 106; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
Definitely you would want a lock code and remote wipe.
5. Yeeee (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
If someone finds my phone Ill let them buy all the subway they want as long as they return it after lol.
7. DarkOdyssey (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
In addition to having a PIN to protect your Google wallet, you'd do the same thing as when you lost your real wallet: report your cards stolen and have new ones issued.
3. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
amazing... goooo Gooooooooogle
4. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
islaves will be swiping their iphone 4s in front of the scanner and wondering why it hasn't taken payment and then realise that apple hasn't changed everything again again till some time next year with this added as the big new feature of the iphone 4ss
6. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
anyway they have already spent all their money buying the 4s
8. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
When NFC and 4G (for that matter) become more developed, of course Apple will adopt it. I thought you guys would figure out the pattern by now... ?
9. Ben Marvin (unregistered)
But I thought Apple was revolutionary and leading the business, not following behind and doing something after someone else adopts it first. Oh nevermind, they are.
10. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
apple will never catch up with mean green..