Giveaway: New iPad
Well, we guess the iPad needs no introduction. It's the king of tablets, with a Retina Display, fast dual-core processor and thousands of apps designed specifically for the beautiful screen. Apple sells this 16GB variant for $499, we and our buddies from RadioShack are giving it away for free! Because we can.
OK, so we guess you're dying to know what you have to do in order to have a chance of winning our resolutionary iPad? Well, it's nothing complicated, really, you just have to answer the following question with a comment below:
- Have you ever broken the screen of your phone and what did you do to fix it?
- By entering this promotion, participants agree to be bound by these terms and that the decision of Phone Arena is final and binding in all matters relating to this promotion.
- The draw is open only to USA residents aged 18 or over, other than employees of phonearena.com, its agencies or their families.
- Phone Arena reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered.
- Phone Arena reserves the right to re-draw the prize if the prize-winner does not reply within three days after being contacted.
- Phone Arena accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant resulting from entering this prize draw or by the entrant's acceptance of the prize.
- Phone Arena reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose this Free Prize Draw without prior notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances, which make this unavoidable.
2. jharo posted on 30 Jul 2012, 09:52 0 0
yes, i've broken my screen. I used insurance to replace the phone.
4. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 09:56 5 1
I just broke the screen of my phone for the sake of this giveaway.
As of yet, I haven't done anything to fix it, but I am planning on contacting Werx to replace my screen :)
5. ucancallmenickk posted on 30 Jul 2012, 09:56 0 0
Yes, I broke the screen on a Blackberry Bold 9700 I used to have and I bought a replacement screen and fixed it myself. :)
6. hidarrenjames posted on 30 Jul 2012, 09:58 0 0
Knock on wood ! It hasn't happened to me yet
7. steveness posted on 30 Jul 2012, 09:59 0 0
I've never broken the screen on any of my phones because I use a tempered glass screen protector that is crazy strong so if the "screen" breaks, I take off the screw protector and the phone's screen is still in mint condition.
9. maxkobi posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:05 2 0
Love these giveaways, lets get to the good stuff!
Phone: Droid Inc
location: Parking Lot
I was leaving the gym and put my water bottle and phone on the roof of my car. I thought to myself "don't forget about it." I quickly opened my door, grabbed my water bottle and got in. well the next part is pretty painful as I backed up nice and slow and the phone stayed on the hood. then I punched it forward and turned and the phone flew from my roof and skidded across the lot... batter door, battery, and phone all go flying separate ways! I panicked and grabbed it all, didn't even look at it or put it together till I got home. screen was shattered but the phone was in pretty good shape! so I hit up Amazon and ordered a new screen! I had replaced my friends wildfire screen earlier that year so it wasn't to tough! had I known about Worx though I might have checked it out! my brothers iPhone screen is currently shattered and so is my cousins (lol iPhone) and so ill be sure to hook them up with the Werx fix!
10. jskrenes posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:05 0 0
I broke a few basic phone screens before. They were easy enough to fix, I just found a few wet phones that had damaged boards and swapped out screens. Never fixed a smartphone screen, though a piece of postal packing tape at least keeps fingers from getting cut to pieces.
12. tyguy829 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:06 0 0
Hasnt happened yet. I use one of ose tempered glass screen protectors on my gnex and it does the job. It's saved me on more than a few occasions
13. mas11 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:07 0 0
I broke the screen of my old Samsung Intercept, but instead of fixing it I just switched to Verizon and got a new phone.
588. mas11 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 23:34 0 0
Yep the iPad is definitely one of the best tablets on the market the screen resolution is amazing and there's a reason it outsells all other tablets combined. I may prefer Android to iOS, but this is still a great piece of hardware. Plus I'm looking for my first tablet and the iPad would be really cool to have.
14. legion181 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:07 0 0
I had a shop replace my screen. Buttons still don't seem quite right.
15. danwager posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:09 0 0
I broke the screen of my old iPhone 3G and I replaced it myself, buying parts off of ebay and watching a how-to video
16. persim posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:10 0 0
I broke the digitizer on my Droid Incredible. Bought a new one off Amazon and replaced it using YouTube videos.
17. LaClare posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:11 0 0
I have not broken any screen. Unlike my kids, I know how to protect my electronic investments.
19. chadful33 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:13 0 0
No i have never shattered a screen on a smart phone before.
20. black02wing posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:14 0 0
Went to my local accy place and had them replace the screen, worked untill i sold it last week. 1.25 years
21. Gsmalltheway posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:14 0 0
No, but i work for ATT so i usually tell our customers to go by a local business that repairs them
22. CJVILA posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:15 0 0
it was a dilema because i order the screen from ebay and was send it to the wrong address so it took me 2 weeks to fix my phone :(
23. TheCastled0 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:16 0 0
I haven't really broken my phone screen, but there is a small scratch on it that ANNOYS ME TO NO END sometimes lol
24. ajac09 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:16 0 0
Broke a screen on my old ppc 6600 with sprint. They Just replaced the phone with the brand new at the time 6700 ppc lol also broke the screen on my epic touch and just used insurance lol
25. ahfpired posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:16 0 0
My Google Nexus One screen got broken within the first week. I looked for the iFix it tear down guide, bought a new digitizer in eBay, and fixed it myself.
26. anjkiii posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:18 0 0
no i have never broke my iphone screen.. i too luv my iphone & handle with care
27. michael.cook posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:18 0 0
I shattered the screen on my Rezound and decided to try to replace it myself. I ordered a replacement from ebay, tore the old phone apart, installed the new screen, and nothing.... it wouldn't display anything. I ended up having to pony up the cash for a new phone.
28. fbbwang posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:18 0 0
no i haven't. my friend has though, just asked her to wait since the next iphone is around the corner and she needs an upgrade anyway..
30. jsobotka posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:19 0 0
No, I have never broken a phone screen, but that's because I pay Sprint $8/month for insurance. I'm pretty sure that as soon as I drop the insurance, I'll drop my phone.
32. dosman posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:21 0 0
A few years ago my iPhone 3GS landed face first in a parking lot. I repaired using iFixit screen kit and I still have the phone
33. haseebs7 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:22 0 0
Have never broken a screen on any of my electronic devices. never plan to do that either.
34. sberamji posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:22 0 0
Me: Broke the screen of the iphone which resulted in a new design.
Samsung: New iphone design! Let's buy the rights to it!
Me: Sold the rights to Samsung. Samsung now owns the patent for a new design for their Galaxy S4 just incase their phones break with a similar pattern like the iPhone.
36. clintius posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:23 0 0
Yes, I went too a 3rd party repair store and they fixed it for $100.
37. smergz1 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:24 0 0
no I hav not broken it. I would use a repair service if I did.
39. darryl12132 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:24 0 0
Well i didnt but someone else broke the screen to my old motorola krazr flip phone
40. Ronref95 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:24 0 0
Never broke a screen yet and hopefully will never have to go through the process of fixing one.
41. protozeloz posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:27 0 0
well I has happened to me, looked for the necessary info on iFixit bough the screen and replace it myself
42. shamataa posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:27 0 0
Nope, I haven't, so I've never had to fix it. I've drop it so many times too.
44. Hammerfest posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:30 0 0
I broke the screen on my HTC/Sprint Mogul/Titan! I had a spare Mogul I got off eBay and spent the better part of a day figiuring how to disassemble it, replace the screen, then reassemble it without breaking it or tearing any important cables...
What a hair-raising event that started me down the path of ruin that is Phone repair...
45. bigheadsmartboy posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:30 0 0
I have never shattered my screen on my phone I make sure its in a case at all times but I have had some close calls in the desert when it has fallen from a Hummer or other utility vehicle before...
46. Roomaku posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:31 0 0
I was walking in the rolling hills of hills of Tuscany... Just Kiding it was in my kitchen my iPhone seconds from impact i knew it would be a bad one. To bad I didn't have amazing speed and agility to catch it from the drop. So needless to say the screen had a huge crack right in the top left corner. What did I do t fix it you ask? Nothing, I did nothing because I had no idea there were places that would replace the screen on the cheap like werx. Thanks for the info at least I won knowledge.
48. Marco151polo posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:32 0 0
I have not had my own personal phone/electronics screen broken (yet), but I do fix them for others. The first time was an iTouch (2nd generation I believe) for a crush I've known since high school. I used parts found from eBay, but with more and more devices using some sort of paste/glue/sticky chemical rather than screws and other mechanical means it is getting to be more of a hassle.
49. cyberknet posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:34 0 0
Nope, I've never broken a screen on my phone. Scratched it up though. Used some carb soda, water and a tooth brush to buff it out.
51. wolverinexmen9 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:41 0 0
No I have not, but my neighbor has... He took his phone to a phone shop and they fixed it for 1/3 of the price he paid for his phone (Samsung Galaxy S2)
52. structureman116 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:42 0 0
My wife broke the screen on the LG Voyager hand-me-down that I gave her in mint condition. I bought a used parts only unit off of ebay. Unit had perfect external screens on the inside and out, but a dead esn and bad charger port. Swapped out the entire flip on the unit instead of disassembling the screen case...piece of cake and worked perfectly until her upgrade came around. Now it is a toy for my kids...
53. lancekik posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:42 0 0
i have never broken a screen on my phone, but being a man i would fix it with duct tape.. :-)
54. ptopo05 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:43 0 0
My screen has broken on the blackberry storm 2. I had a brief stay in the hospital and the phone fell off the table. It hit the hard concrete floor and the screen broke in a very bad way. I wanted to get it fixed very badly.
55. Watchmanz posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:44 0 0
I've never broken the screen on my phone but my kids have (of course!). The most immediate first aid option is to get a screen protector on it. That will protect your fingers and allow you to continue using the device safely until you can arrange an insurance replacement or a screen replacement.
56. rsolomonjr1 posted on 30 Jul 2012, 10:45 0 0
no, never broke screen yet. I am a psycho who runs to add the casing at purchase of the phone. lol