Exynos 5 Octa chip supports all 20 LTE bands, confirms Samsung
4. ScottSchneider (Posts: 334; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Hip Hip Hurray...!!! LTE/4G For Everyone...
9. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
and you got thumb down for that...lol....desperate haters...
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Finally so excited: Exynos chips, not the Crapdragon weak CPUs
So US will be getting the Exynos and not the S600,,,?
31. Hemlocke (unregistered)
No, nothing has changed. 60-70% of the world will still get Snapdragons.
33. true1984 (Posts: 823; Member since: 23 May 2012)
weak? those cpus are actually pretty powerful and have excellent battery life. and yes the us will still be getting the s600
35. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
yeah S600 is powerful enough to face samsung 5 octa and just like you said it have excellent battery life
with the right optimization S600 will have the same power or even more than samsung 5 octa
just like nexus 4 vs xperia z, even with bigger screen xperia z score much more better than nexus4
i think the real processor war is tegra 4 vs S800
38. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1239; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
No, the Snapdragon 600 will still be featured on US phones. The reasoning behind it is the Exynos 5 Octa does not have the production capacity to produce a large amount of chipsets as of right now. They just started to make the chipset, and they don't have enough to sell worldwide. Samsung kind of rushed the chipset's production just so that they could put it in at least some versions of the Galaxy S4.
3. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
so, probably developers can hack to open the LTE bands on gt-i9500 ?
41. alexzibrit (Posts: 67; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
They were never blocked in the first place
5. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I knew this 2 weeks ago.
Since Samsung already got more than 10 million GS4 pre-oder from worldwide and they have to make them on their first shipment, they had to prepare S600 version as well which is still good enough for normal users.
Exynos octa for their home people first and Geeks and tech savvy in the world
6. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
wer did u get dat info abt more than 10million preorders?
10. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
From Korean Mass media
Believe me it's correct info
15. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
sure? any link?
but if true, then congrats Samsung, i'll get it after 2mos :)
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Is there any links or websites stating this mrjerry!
Exynos performs 20% better than any other chips.
42. alexzibrit (Posts: 67; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Which aren't even closed to being used commercially, considering the power consumption issues in both
43. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
they are close enogh LG and ZTE will use them soon and i don't think both tegra4 and S800 is have problem with power consumption
samsung 5 octa is just a gimmick many people think with 8core 5 octa will be powerful just like TROLL said crapdragon is weak but the reality 5 octa not to much powerful than S600
with optimization maybe S600 will have the same power like 5 octa
lets talk again when Tegra 4, S800 and 5 octa come out and we will see wich one have better performance and battrey life
45. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
the samsung octacore is between a s600 and s800. Out of all those I would say Exynos 5 > Tegra 4 > snapdragon 600/800 for battery life. I don't think theres any real world test on the octacore yet though.
48. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
yeah i know, there is no tegra4 , S800, or samsung octacore real world test yet, it just many people think that samsung processor with 8 core will be the most powerful.
i don't think octacore is not between S600 and S800 when it come to processing power, because samsung design octacore for power efficient with enough processing power.
and if the octacore benchmark is true, S600 just need some optimization just like XP Z vs nexus 4 same SOCs but different performance (antutu Z 20000+ vs 15000+) (quadrant 8000+ vs 4000+) and S600 have proof it have excellent battrey life
samsung octacore is balance SOCs, but
Tegra 4 and S800 gonna be more powerful without having problem in battery life
49. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
The gpu is also much more powerful than adreno 320.
7. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Samsung is really doing a great job. No compromise whatsoever. Its phone are really worth of each penny you spend!
12. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 682; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Why you got thumbs down I have no idea. Anyways, Yes Samsung is truly innovating and that's why they are where they are.
14. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
hahaha ::::::::::D u dont have any idea abt those red marks? lol
PA has a massive Sony and HTC Armies..
11. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
does this mean i can enjoy Airtel's TD-LTE here in India????
13. gu3sswhoo (Posts: 32; Member since: 04 May 2012)
That is nice to hear! I was always going to buy the GT-I9500 and use it on At&t. Can't wait!
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What happened to RichardDarryall2010, why was he banned?
He was a regular poster and been coming from 2010.