Did you know there was actual gold inside your smartphone?
1. Finalflash (Posts: 2040; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
WOW.....just wow...must be a very slow day. I hope this was a fluff piece for the iPhone or something because even that would be a better reason (money) to post something like this. I think this is common knowledge since the 1960s.
2. akki20892 (Posts: 3744; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Who need gold in or on phone, Longest we have jewelry.
11. shuaibhere (Posts: 1759; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I know that...that's why they have recycle plans in china(i'm not from china)....if you give them your old phone they will give 5% of money of they get from it...
"along with a number of rare and hard to obtain metals"
and those rare and hard to obtain materials are no more to be found...one of the essential materials is no more to be found...it'll be finished in 3 years..that's why samsung searching for new materials to make chips....as it's their business....
15. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
So in reality, what does a ton of gold ore actually hold. It's not a ton of pure gold.
I'd guess it's no more then a pound at most.
Actually wiki and others say, a couple ounces.
17. androiphone20 (Posts: 1599; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
too late, my iphone's in pieces already
18. maddy996 (Posts: 57; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
I know whole the process,bcoz this is quite famous occupation in my city in India. ....
19. corporateJP (Posts: 2228; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Apple kick started nothing. Gold phones have been around long before Apple even made phones.
Ever hear of Nokia and Vertu?
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 14119; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
So my 64 gig gold 5s, is actually gold. Raffi says it best, gold is good.
21. LordCaedus (Posts: 63; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
They do realize that all electronic items have gold in them, right? Has been that way for decades. Gold is one of the best conductors of electricity in the world.