Deal alert: 128GB Microsoft Surface Pro for $499
1. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2873; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
$499 for the second most capable tablet in history?...
Not only is this a steal, it's a no brainer..
2. hurrycanger (Posts: 613; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Agree, man. An ultrabook packed into a tablet body for an ultra cheap price (relatively). This has never happened to laptops or desktops.
It's a real steal!
7. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Its really a steal if you could buy at this price however most wouldn't be able to buy it for 50% more. This is nothing more than Microsoft gimmicks marketing
second most capable after iPad Air? Lol!
9. hurrycanger (Posts: 613; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Don't forget that the Surface Pro is just like a desktop. It may not have the number of apps the iPad Air has in the app store, but most apps and games that have been in existence for Windows XP, Vista, and 7, will run on this tablet. For example: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition, video converters, audio converters, Adobe Flash, full office applications, Movie Maker and other video editors, real web browser (vs mobile web browser), and PC games.
On an iPad Air one would find Facebook app necessary. One a full Windows machine, apps like that are a joke. The full facebook website is just better. :)
Don't forget the USB port, memory card slot, 128GB of storage, full file explorer, and the ability to download and copy video files without using an annoying software like iTunes.
I would say the iPad is better than the Surface RT and an iPhone is better than a Windows phone (WP8), but nothing can beat a full blown Windows machine. :)
21. hurrycanger (Posts: 613; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I guess it will be like Mac vs Windows (assuming the iPad Pro would come with some kind of Mac OS). It would then come down to which desktop OS a person prefers. I've heard from a lot of people that Mac is a lot better for music, photo, and video editing. Windows, on the other hand, has many more programs and games.
12. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Its cheap because its running the older intel cpu. The chip is hotter and drain battery much faster than surface pro 2.
16. papss (Posts: 3376; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Nice trolling as usual. Go home you have drank to much google juice
27. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Stating a mere fact is trolling. Lol! Poor pathetic wp fan. papass
28. papss (Posts: 3376; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Na no facts at all.. Just you running your mouth about your typical spin in M$ hatred. Humor me on how this is a gimmick? I can't wait to hear.
23. zdprince (Posts: 19; Member since: 10 May 2013)
what can iPad Air do more than surface Pro? or do you know what surface pro is compared to iPad Air?
25. Taters (Posts: 2361; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I don't think he is talking about the ipad air, at least I hope not. Lol
He is probably saying this is the 2nd best next to the Surface Pro 2. At least that is what I think he means.
5. iqjumpuw (Posts: 17; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Great deal for a great laptop. This deal probably won't last long.
8. techloverNYC (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Why would anyone want to buy this? An I the only who think this is a bad deal? I mean you are basically paying the same price of a new latest gen tablet ,but you get an outdated tablet. Lets be honest here, we can all admit window 8 was a bust, MS is already trying to develop window 9.
13. BattleBrat (Posts: 884; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
This is a computer, not a toy tablet. Make no mistake I love my sony tablet. And I've made great use of the productivity apps available. But they all pale in comparison actually running Full office and Photoshop
14. ialex123 (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Nice device for professional use and also I came across the article from gadgetride.com, it has nice features.
15. xfire99 (Posts: 365; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
2lbs and 4 H battery time. No thx and even with a great price reduction. Pro 2 is much better choice and more worth to buy, even it cost more.
24. techloverNYC (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
finally someone whos not crazy over here. Who the hell wants a 2 yr old device.
17. papss (Posts: 3376; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I have this pro and let me say that before the pro 2 no other tablet comes close to this. IPad? Right.. I love my iPad 4 but its not even close to the pro if you are an adult. I guess its cool to want something lite like all other tabs.
18. iSometimes (Posts: 42; Member since: 16 Feb 2011)
It's actually $479 on eBay via a top-seller Also, the official Microsoft eBay store is also selling it for $499, but with free shipping and no tax. So, $499 flat.
19. 7thspaceman (Posts: 897; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
looks like the Microsoft "surface #3 is about to make a debut. Microsoft is clearing out the inventory of it's older models and this sure will do that. the Surface Pro #1 with all it's faults is a very good buy for a person or business to have a portable backup computer in their home or business. I use an Old IBM Pentium 4 desktop computer. from a tech stand point the "Surface Pro has a better CPU than I have. since I wont use it for any Mobile use it would work as a backup for me. wwont use a a primary because I have an HDTV tuner card in my moldy old computer I use for my TV
26. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Most retailers also cut Surface Pro price in Canada