Chrome for Android gets update
The update is now available in the Google Play Store, just waiting for you to download it. Those who already have installed the updated browser are reporting that it seems faster, even when rendering image-heavy sites. If you already use the Chrome browser, you should see the update notification on your screen. If you don't use the browser yet, you can install it from the aforementioned Google Play Store. Note, though, that you need to be running Android 4.0 or higher to use the browser.
source: GoogleChromeforAndroid via AndroidCentral
1. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Did i just seriously wait 2 hours for some new news..... ugh
2. imkyle (Posts: 1029; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
It slowed down the load time and the scrolling is laggy.
3. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
What versions does Chrome work with? I am using GB on my Infuse.. I went to the play store and my device isn't supported. WTF
4. messiah (Posts: 433; Member since: 19 Feb 2010)
Read the article again before 4:20. The answer is there. 4.0
5. md227a (Posts: 129; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Posting from the new chrome right now, not bad. Seems a little bit faster.
7. redmd (Posts: 928; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
but it's Laggy when scrolling down unlike Firefox.
8. Captain_Doug (Posts: 819; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Quick ICS browser seems faster and works with flash. I have yet to see the benefit of chrome. Plus I really like quick controls. Best idea ever. Sometimes I try and use it on my homescreen since it would just make sense. Then I end up moving my maps icon....
10. ahhxd717 (Posts: 323; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
I still think the stock Jelly Bean browser is faster than Chrome. I'd rather use that. I do like some chrome features though, like swiping the screen to change tabs. Maybe I'll give chrome another try after this update.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9071; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I updated Chrome yesterday and I do see a boost in speed. Phonearena loads a few seconds faster than before.