Can Sony's rumored 6.44" Togari phone rival a Galaxy Note III if both came with a stylus?
Full HD panel for the Sony Togari 6-incher
Specs update on Phablet.
- 6.44 inch 1920x1080 IPS screen (JDI) + OptiContrast and MBE-2
- 3 GB RAM
- MSM8974 krait 800 2.3 ghz
- Adreno 330
- 32GB Internal Memory
- 13 mp Exmor RS camera
- 2 mp Full HD Exmor R front facing camera
- 3500mAh battery
- 4G LTE
- IR blaster
1. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 343; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
If above specs come out true,then definitely Togari phone will be a rival.
55. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Agreed, 5.5 inches is plenty of screen for me. If I wanted a tablet, I'd just get a 7 inch.
67. phones522 (Posts: 85; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
But some people have bigger hands and want bigger phones, my EVO 3D has a 4.3 inch screen and it feels so tiny to me.
73. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
OH MY GOD, IM ORGASMIING!!!!!!!!!!!
69. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
6.44 inch is just too big even 6 inch is too big unless they can really trim down the bazel and no Sony will not beat Sammy just by putting a stylus in there cuz its not an original sony idea and fakes can only go so far.
The Note is an original idea by Sammy and sammy aint a dumb redundant company, they are constantly innovating!
And seeing sammy's trend I wont be surprised i they dont move beyond 5.8 inches for the Note 3 and this seems to fall in line with rumours of a phone being developed as the sam size as the new Galaxy Player with a 5.8 inchh screen...what i see happening here in the case of sony, huawei and others is that they have taken a successful idea of Sammy and tried to bank on its biggest selling feature - the screen but they have truly outdone themselves with these 6+ inchers for phones!
What these companies fail to realize is that anyone who has a Note 2 doesn't just have it merely for the screen size but for the software optimizations, performance and the apps that are exclusive to the Note series....the whole experience is what makes the phone great....not just the damn screen size!
Where sammy succeeds and the other phablet companies fail is that not only has sammy developed a great new tool and handed it out to the people but they're teaching everyone how to harness the power of that tool.
72. IU_Lover (Posts: 35; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
nice, have to agree with you. BUT maybe, just maybe Sony has made awesome software to make full use of the stylus too. :)
90. mxsss (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
dont underestimate. if IR blaster is also on board it could replace every remote control in your house. Also if the software is as UI is as good as sammys then it will go toe 2 toe.
70. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
I applaud Sony push those specs that's what competition is based on. But let's keep it real folks Sony is a pretender in this space. I currently own the Galaxy Note 2 the best ultimate all purpose productivity device ever made. Software and features alone make the Galaxy Note 2 the greatest thing ever brought to android. Samsung owns this space easily and it stands to reason that the Galaxy Note 3 will be the grandest device for 2013 on it's own level. I will forever keep my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 nothing on the market today will ever compete or compare but I will be purchasing the Galaxy Note 3 day one of launch. Sony will need to bring their A game otherwise they will be BLOWN OUT THE TECH GAME.
79. emadshiny (Posts: 1005; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
try to enjoy your crappy plastic and keep your comments for those sh*ti products as well
86. Twisted247 (Posts: 193; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Richard is correct. Hit the Nail on the head. The Samsung Galaxy note 2 is HANDS DOWN not only the best phone available to date its also the best overall phone. Most flagships that release have a great feature here but mediocre there. Example gs3 great specs with software RAM, screen, micro SD, NFC, removable battery, but came with the dual core processor.. The DNA Awesome screen and great quad core CPU, decent software beautiful full hd screen. But no removable battery, no micro SD, and stuck at 16gb storage. Both of those are the next two top phones of 2012 but have their faults in areas.
Now you have the Note 2; great screen, killer software, great quad core CPU, and quad core GPU, beautifully integrated stylus not a gimmick like LG's, first ever features like multi window and more, removable 3100mah battery, micro sd slot that supports 64gb, NFC, all of the motion features, smart stay eye detection. And the list goes on. So not only is it the TOP phone available anywhere but it'salso the best all around phone period. There hasn't been another phone that had accomplished the same task as the galaxy note 2 in a very long time... If ever.
Samsung FTW.. ACCEPT IT
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Soon the phone will be as big as 90's and as heavy as 90's
good luck my fellow fandroid, while I'm enjoying a Nokia 3310 sized revolutionary device :)
20. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Enjoy your s**tty phone from the dinosaur ages.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 8926; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Good one Wendy. U know how to piss of fandroids. Not android users, but fandroids... They know who they are.
35. wendygarett (unregistered)
Umm that doesnt change my mind to get the upcoming Xperia z tho lol... But this is way too much... I'm tired to be a spec slave :(
48. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
all the spec war have no meaning now when android still capable with dual core and 1 GB RAM. I hope this is the limit for now and they start focus on build better ecosystem and software integration for the competition
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
uhh naa Sony i dont think we should do what the copycaters do and use a stylus i think we got more class than them......
also we wouldnt wanna give them a reason to get sensitive after the phone gets more attention than the note and make them wanna go and sue us even tho we (sony) do infact make their lens in their cameras.......
so no, to answer the tittles question
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
Regardless what sony delivers, my eyes will forever the Xperia z , no others...
10. MC1123 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
agree... sony should never be a copycat because they are sony!!!
but actually sony perfected the stylus before and long before samsung revive them!! on its P-series i guess, the symbian phones that uses stylus!! they are awesome!!!
22. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Sony not a copy cat? LOL take a look at every LG phone evr made then look at sony. R3tard fanboy
25. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
so your saying LG paved the way for sony in the mobile industry?
if so please provide concrete evidence of that
27. wendygarett (unregistered)
He didn't retarded, but you are :)
66. wendygarett (unregistered)
87. Twisted247 (Posts: 193; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Wow a lense in the camera... You REALLY got them there... Child
4. emadshiny (Posts: 1005; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
regarding the final question, definitely SONY.
i think Sony will be the king of 2013 if it keeps on going like this.
56. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Lol, they will be second to Samsung and Apple until Sony convinces consumers with these initial 2013 phone releases that their software won't be sluggish like it has been in the past.
68. bluescreen (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
ur math is a bit off...would make them 3rd not 2nd according to ur statement
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
I think it will below $800, consider Japanese yuan depreciation drastically recently...
7. luabin (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
the competition is heating up !!! SONY its about time to unleash the true meaning of SUPERIORITY in any aspect. Go team SONY!!!
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
dont worry the TRUE innovators are rising this year buddy.........and like they say......you cant out do the one whos done it first!
23. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
True innovators? Lmao go play video games on your ps3 child.
30. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
youll see mick25.....and ill remember your name when things do happen ;)
31. wendygarett (unregistered)
Shut the f*** up, why don't you play your own **** and get out of here...
76. jroc74 (Posts: 3630; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
"and like they say......you cant out do the one whos done it first!"
Oh yes you can...there are many example of that through out history. For the sake of simplicity...lets just say that the Apple Newton was the first PDA.
Palm came along later and totally did it better.
Win Mo, Palm, BB.....were the top dogs in smartphones. In comes the iPhone....then Android. Palm isnt even making phone anymore. Ford was one of the original car makers. I would take a Nissan, Toyota, and Honda over a Ford anyday. All 3 started later than Ford.
Being the first to do something doesnt mean you cant be outdone. Any comnpany that thinks that and believes that....is doomed to fall flat on their face.
Where is Atari now...they just filed for bankruptcy. Sega no longer makes a game console....and I think they were the first to do CD games vs Sony.
Try to guess where the first 2 console makers are now in the gaming industry...I didnt even know Magnovox made a game console...til a few minutes ago....lol
11. blingblingthing (Posts: 357; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I am all for that competition thing. Go Sony! Go android!
46. luabin (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
do you think guys my previous comment is a "bad comment"??? S'il vous plaît!!! dont get me wrong.ayt?
9. MC1123 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
rival there's no competition, i believe sony can kill samsung!
besides japanese techs are WAYYYYYY better than koreans!
24. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
FULL retard. Samsung already killed sony more than a decade ago lmao
26. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I am hoping Sony is able to connect the dots.... If only to keep Sammy on its toes. Otherwise, Sammy gets complacent. Nokia got complacent once, and look what happened to them.
However,if Sony can't release a competitive phone on VZW, oh well. Maybe HTC will be able to reinvent themselves. Competition drives innovation.
33. wendygarett (unregistered)
Long time no see dude, umm do you realize whe condition of Japan? They are started to flame up...
53. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I was going to say that (long time no see) about you. I have been posting, just not in threads you were following.
Not sure of your reference to Japan flaming up, though.
57. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I will say this, Samsung has proven themselves and Sony has yet to establish a strong presence in the Android community. But Sony does have the potential to make there presence felt. Sony's efforts will definitely create more competition in the Android industry, which will definitely be welcomed by consumers.
43. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Difficult for Sony to compete where it will matter the most ... BRIC nations.
13. aayupanday (Posts: 291; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Snapdragon 800 and the competitors will be DooMed !!!
49. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
You don't even know the full potential of tegra 4 or octa core before you say doomed.
77. AstronautJones (Posts: 145; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Sony will not be the only one with Snapdragon...
14. Lyngdoh (Posts: 199; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Sony is gonna teach samsung how to make phablets.
15. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
If the Display improves by alot, why not? right?
28. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
why does the display need to improve for them to be better than samsung?
last time i checked, amoled isnt perfect either
32. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
As much as I appreciate the beauty of Amoled panels but I still prefer LCD IPS Panels that LG & HTC currently uses over SONY LCD Panels that their flagship device uses.
16. Equilibrium (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
I think that the vertical integration that Samsung hard will be hard to out do, but Sony's approach of including water resistance is a step in the right direction.
When it comes to facing a rival with more resources or abilities, if you cant compete on their terms, create your own terms.
They will have to do an amazing job with the software to rival the Note III and not just reproduce what Samsung has already done. Good Luck to them both!!!
18. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Sony software needs to surpass the level where Samsung is currently at for it to definitely happen.
41. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
personal preference is somtimes all that is needed meaning some have already jumped shiped from samsung back to Sony because they have always been with this company but just have been geting takin advantage of by cheating companies such as samsung and apple.......and now that people see Sony upping their game they are leaning back to where they started off in the mobile world......................SOME, not all tho
45. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Indeed but SONY's software optimization is still behind that of Samsung. ex. Recent released Xperia phones (T/TX/V) wich uses thesame exact Dualcore S4 chipset found in the US SGS3, has some noticeable lag in then (Scrolling screens, Pic Gallery). Which therefore I concluded that they really need to up their game in that department.