Another death by selfie: 14 students washed by a high tide while posing for pictures
1. dangchitrung (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Do i have to show sympathy to these morons?
5. ibend (Posts: 3200; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
dont fore yourself if you dont want to.. people die every second.. save your sympathy for natural disaster victim, murdered, kidnapped, or any other case that you'll see on tonight news :-/
18. nepalisherpa (Posts: 208; Member since: 17 Jul 2015)
Definitely not. Just like we won't have to show any sympathy after you die.
20. xq10xa (Posts: 580; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Yeah right? Imagine when Dngchitrung dies.......everyone on PA will light a candle.
25. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 430; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
Well, it sure makes a difference when it's their own idiocy causing it...
23. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7919; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
No you don't! I never do or ever will. How can you feel sorry for people who purposely choose to be stupid?
There are plenty of them who come to this site and work for this site too.
2. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1117; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
"despite warning of a high tide" ... stupidity aswell as the random wave killed them, not the selfie.
3. jesus_sheep (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Apr 2015)
I really can't understand these kind of people. Their psychology must be of a different kind.
6. fancollo (Posts: 40; Member since: 30 Dec 2015)
stop talking about WRONG causes. If a trekker falls from the mountain, it wasn't a killer mountain. if an idiot takes a selfie in front of an elephant or when there's a high tide (plus being warned), then it wasn't a killer-selfie, but an amazingly stupid person - in this case maybe even more. Whatever people think, i have no empathy or sympathy for these people who challenge death by being stupid. if the weather brings risk, then you run or hide, but don't challenge it.
7. izim1 (Posts: 380; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Good. Humans are the only animals that go out of their way to try and beat natural selection but it looks as if mother nature just will not be stopped. Keep it up, you morons.
19. nepalisherpa (Posts: 208; Member since: 17 Jul 2015)
Would you rather be a dog who lick their own balls?
8. greenelektron (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
Damn it. The faculty members are responsible!
9. TheStanleyFTW (Posts: 241; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
why woul...even after a warni...OMG. I have no sympathy for these people. Call me mean, evil or something else but challenging death for no beneficial purpose is beyond stupid.
10. Vic21 (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Feb 2016)
I can't imagine how much of an idiot you have to be in order to risk your life and ignore a warning just to get some likes on social media.
12. Mfa901 (Posts: 247; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
this is a clear example of how people here dont give a damn to warnings...they take it just like a weather forecast which says " it will rain today"
14. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1943; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Damn That's f**ked Up But They Were Warned Of High Tides.
26. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 430; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
Future Darwin award winners? Can they share the award all 14?
21. lyndon420 (Posts: 3730; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Selfies taken with their phones. No different than when PA posts articles about people getting busted for texting while driving.
17. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1230; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Could they not swim or were these some apocalyptic waters?
27. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 430; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
There's a reason beaches give out warnings for high tides and it's not due to having fun. The currents are too strong for any human swimmers. Doesn't help if you know how to swim when you have thousands of tons of water pushing against you... You sound like you'd be one of those going out for the selfie.
24. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7919; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
They all deserved to die...
Stupid is, as stupid does. Stupid would still be alive if they weren't being stupid.
Just like stupid people get hurricanes warnings and yet stay home. One day a hurricane will kill them.