Android 4.3 being tested for Samsung GALAXY Note II; expect late 2013 release
There is also speculation that the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 will both be on the receiving end of the Android 4.3 update. If you're looking for a device already running that build, there is the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the Google Nexus 7 (2013) and the Google Nexus 10.
We all know that the next Android build will be Android 4.4 KitKat. The first Android device to offer that chocolatey goodness should be the rumored Google Nexus 5. This device is expected to be launched in October with KitKat installed right out of the box.
source: SamMobile via AndroidAuthority
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Sammy is looking out for its customers. (Thumbup)
2. Damitel (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Trust Samsung, they will always update. Customers satisfaction is their prime goal.
9. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
If that was really their goal then they would have snubbed galaxy s3 users by sending out a laggy stuttery slow 4.1.2 update. I loved my GS3 until JB came. I forced to switch to iPhone 5 which has never lagged on anything. I still use my GS3 though.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9092; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Did you ever factory reset your phone after the update? When I was running stock months ago, the 4.1 update greatly improved speed and stability of my S3. Lag was abolished and unspoken of even when multi tasking heavily.
17. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
I have the international (Gt-i19300) galaxy s3. Perhaps you have the American one.
20. maccess (Posts: 635; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
mine is international one.. i tought after got 4.1.2 my s3 is blazing fast.. and i don't think the US ( dual core snapdragon ) one is better than the international one ( quadcore exynos ) even thought the US one got 2 gigs of ram..
21. tedkord (Posts: 5600; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The upgrade didn't hurt me at all. No lag, no bugs.
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Don't pay attention "THE.DARK.KNIGHT" is just trolling.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9092; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Just realized he's a major troll that signed up this month. I'll get him on the next comment he makes.
32. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
No you idiot I am a disappointed samsung customer. Can't you see? My complaints with my GS3 are genuine. What you want? A video of my device? If you don't believe me why don't you search google for The lag on gs3 after 4.1.2. Phonearena User is the real troll here.
36. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
If you didn't notice there was another Dark Knight user on this site months ago. He disappeared. Now this "new account" popped up. I thought it was the old one. Guess that one got banned. But anyway "Can't tell if Gs3 is defective or if Troll is Trolling"
37. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
@DukeX +1 at least someone realised! I couldn't reset my password as PA kept saying "this password is taken" so I had to make a new account. I am not trolling. All I am trying to say is that my S3 experienced significant performance issues after 4.1.2. I remember even after the S3 has released (back in October 2012) my sisters GS2 was running flawlessly (with that awesome super amoled plus display!). That's why I replaced my iPhone 4 with an S3.
31. Damitel (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
S3 was not updated 4.2 because samsung chose to jump to 4.3; they want the best for its customers. Don't be surprised by December 4.4 will rolling out on S3 and note 2.
33. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
You're wrong bro! I've notice, Samsung strategy, first they wanna know what we're reaction, second they will roll out update a year, after the next iteration of their flagship phone release.
Why? They make sure the consumer will upgrade to the latest one. Smart move ha, Samsung!!!
About kit Kat 4.4, we will not see it into our gnote2 and gnote3, until fourth quarter of 2014.
38. joey_sfb (Posts: 3539; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Better than my LG, struck at Gingerbread forever.
42. jakson0100 (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
yes i found the working tutorial to download and install android 4.3 here smartphonesupdates
3. uchihakurtz (Posts: 284; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
That's what they said when I had Galaxy Ace 2, took 6 months after their announcement to get the leaked version. But since it's a flagship phone it's probably gonna be on time. Good luck Note 2 users.
4. RomeoJDR (Posts: 242; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
HTC take note. Samsung knows how to keep its customers by actually offering continued support to released products.
43. jakson0100 (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Hi @papasmurf you can download android 4.3 from smartphonesupdates dot com
5. MartyK (Posts: 729; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Google just announce 4.4 coming October, and Samsung is going to put out 4.3 by the end of the year?,
Why can't they put out 4.4 since the note 3 is coming out with 4.4?..
Yeah think I will go with nexus brands.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9092; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yeah because all the money and time spent for working on 4.3 after skipping 4.2 is a complete waste of time. I knew there was going to be someone complaining about it.
13. Myrith (Posts: 55; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
The Note 3 is coming out with 4.3.
Samsung can't test with something that Google hasn't released yet.
6. Scott93274 (Posts: 1440; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I'm still waiting on the update for my Galaxy Nexus... What's the holdup?
34. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
A kit Kat 4.4, or 4.3? Mine is already on 4.3 jb, and I'm not expecting that they(Google) will planning to update it to kit kat.
8. toyboyz (Posts: 95; Member since: 22 Jan 2010)
What happened to skipping 4.3 for 4.4! Hmm...!
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9092; Member since: 14 May 2012)
What? I've never heard of that rumor before, like at all.
16. J4M35 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
What are the chances of nexus 5 being on Verizon? Is it worth the wait?
18. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3093; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sammy now-a-days you are being slow in updates from earlier. Why so? Note II got Android 4.1.2 only and not updated to 4.2.2, you said you'll skip 4.2 and update it directly to 4.3 and now you are doing that which is good but why 4.2.2 is not given to Note II as a update.
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9092; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because the change from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 is incremental. 4.1.2 to 4.3 on the other hand, is well more deserved. Samsung is still the best. They're the only OEM so far that have announced updating their phones to 4.3 by next month.
19. kanagadeepan (Posts: 738; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Instead Sammy should skip 4.3 just like it did in 4.2 and JUMP directly to 4.4 KitKat, imho...
24. Cyberchum (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Since I started using custom ROMs, I've never craved for official updates.
26. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Bah! you call this fast. Skipping upgrades and giving 4.3 at the end of 2013. KitKat would be around by then and not to mention 5.0 .
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9092; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You don't know what you're talking about. If you really want updates, either root your phone or play the waiting game.
30. Nidal147 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
when is 4.3 jelly bean will be released on note 2 ? & wat date ?
35. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
It sad, because I'm planning to sell mine when I get the gnote3. It means I will never test/xperience it to my aging gnote2.
39. Blazers (Posts: 259; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
This is Samsung's intention. They want to sell Note 3's, not give new features immediately to old hardware. They could easily update to 4.3 around the same time as when the Note 3 comes out, they're just choosing to. They're supposedly sending an update out in October for Gear support, so to not include 4.3 is asinine.
Apple doesn't make their users wait......why does Samsung?
41. .KRATOS. (Posts: 143; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Hope they'll update the galaxy s2 also ;-)