Amazon admits you can't opt out of ads on new Kindle Fire
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
and this is why I wont touch it til its been rooted.
2. Planterz (Posts: 914; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Yesterday I was glad I hadn't yet purchased a Nexus 7, because the Kindle HD 8.9 looked even better. Now once again the Nexus 7 is looking better. A commercial in the middle of a TV show is one thing, but I don't expect ads in the middle of reading a book.
Of course, I imagine it won't be long before someone figures out how to root the new Kindles and installs ICS or JB.
4. sniper1087 (Posts: 393; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Actually according to Amazon customer service it comes with android 4.0 ICS.
10. networkdood (Posts: 6282; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I would rather have the 7inch KINDLE or N7 as it fits in my hands.
14. robocopvn (Posts: 190; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
Based on my understading. The ads will now come up while you're reading. There are only ads on the lock screen, that's all.
3. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 299; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
I guess I won't be buying one then. Google should thank Amazon for helping to sell Nexus 7's.
5. kayeeman (Posts: 13; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Root it !
Good Bye to Amazon !
Cant opt out ads, haha
6. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
I will tell my friends not buy Kind and I don't like ebook is boring not full Android.
8. Ravail (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Well Amazon can op out of my wallet :) Thx for letting me know before i bought it.
9. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
root it....unlock the bootloader and flash custom rom. done
11. networkdood (Posts: 6282; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yep, that will take care of most ads. I dislike AMAZON appstore, only because they are slow at updating an app, but sometimes I get one that is free that would normally cost money on GOOGLE PLAY.
13. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
it's kinda pathetic.....using google android os but they want to stay as far as possible from google ecosystem...
15. networkdood (Posts: 6282; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
they want to make money and it is an open OS.
12. Allen3697 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
If I bought it I would have just written it. I have the original one with 4.1