Alleged Xperia Z4 screens peg the phone with a 5.2" display diagonal, upgraded chipset
1. DeusExCellula (Posts: 1084; Member since: 05 Oct 2014)
Hopefully, they will fix their camera issues
5. giri555 (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
They were sleeping over those camera issues since Z... what makes you think they will do it now?
2. e8ght (Posts: 21; Member since: 25 May 2013)
a 1080p screen coupled with snapdragon 805 chipset---- then this phone will be blazing fast, not to mention outstanding battery life.
6. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I hope that HTV and Sony won't jump to the 2k wagon, because I was convinced that 1080 was enough and got even convinced about it when i got my Note 4. I honestly don't see any difference between my panel and the one found on my wife's m8. Imagine how superior the battery life would've been on the Note 4 if Samsung went with 1080 instead of 2k!! Not that it's not great already, but going 3-4 days without charging it would've been nice.
My only grip on HTC and Sony is that they could give us a true 5.2" and 5" screen by getting rid of the on screen buttons and going back to the old good capacitive buttons. That's my opinion though.
13. vincelongman (Posts: 4104; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
But 1080p is also 2K
2K is any res with about 2000 horizontal pixels
Similar to how 4K (4*1080p) is but with about 4000 horizontal pixels and 5K (4*1440p) is but with about 5000 horizontal pixels
19. Settings (Posts: 1467; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
You're correct but also the difference will be the aspect ratios. 2K displays have much larger aspect ratio than HDTVs (1920x1080). Theyre both 1080p
20. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Based on horizontal resolution, FHD 1920x1080 is just short of 2K and 3840x2160 is just shy of 4K. I think they should just forget the confusing K ratings and call it HD, Full HD, and Ultra HD.
Which would make Quad HD 2560x1440 neither 2K nor 4K.
31. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1067; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Screen resolution does not affect battery life that much. It really only affects GPU preformance.
3. kent-gaga (Posts: 489; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
the first photo looks weird :s
the white "Z4" is shorter than the 2 black ones behind it
and the bezel of the black one on the left is smaller than the right's?
don't tell me it's because of the perspective because we are obviously looking at them head-on
btw 2 difference info in one article
it's making me dizzy
I hope Sony stick with the 5,2 inch fullHD and Snapdragon 810 because quadHD on a 5-6 inch LCD IPS panel is just a waste
7. roozbeh101 (Posts: 92; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
and that's an iranian site for techies ! toranji.ir ! they did the note 4 two version's camera test first on the planet! I luv them !
8. giri555 (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
New flagship every 6 months? Worst product cycle by Sony... they don't give a s**t to people who spent almost 1000$ on Z3..
14. vincelongman (Posts: 4104; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Why should they shouldnt they release every 6 months?
Its not like their Z3 magically stop working when they release the Z4
29. mixedfish (Posts: 1152; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
1. Samsung, HTC release phones every 3-4months but don't call them 'flagships', is that better?
2. Where is there a Z3 for $1000? I want that super premium phone, Sony only sells me standard $700 stuff.
9. jeeta444 (Posts: 154; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
I think there will be 2 versions of Z4.
1. S810 + 4gb ram + 5.5" QHD
2. S805 + 3gb ram + 5.2" FHD
18. mawhob2222 (Posts: 219; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
No smartphone with snapdragon 810
Only with Snapdragon 805 and snapdragon 808
10. deanylev (Posts: 204; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
At least one of them are fake. My guess is the 'baterry' one. It lists a S810, the more authentic looking one lists a S805. No way S810 will come this early, there are barely any S805 devices.
11. vipervoid123 (Posts: 163; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I think the leaks seems to conflict with each others, the last 4th picture, seems to confirmed it will a S810 (MSM8994)
16. vuyonc (Posts: 987; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Yeah I picked that up straight away. Either there'll be a Z4 Compact with SD805 and Z4 with SD810 or this is all fake.
40. mawhob2222 (Posts: 219; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
And next pic xperia z4 has MSM8994 64bit! And MSM8994 64bit = snapdragon 810!
41. mawhob2222 (Posts: 219; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
15. mokhtar (Posts: 405; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
I dont care about qhd, my z2 screen is sharp and so sharp enough, just give us a beast battery life
17. mawhob2222 (Posts: 219; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
I have pictures for xperia z4 and Xperia z4 ultra
And Xperia z4 ultra is coming in CES 2015...
33. Fardon (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Nov 2014)
YOU ARE A RETARD.
THATS A MOCKUP BY BEN LING
GO SEARCH BEN LING Z4 CONCEPT
22. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Between HTC and Sony, I'm really hoping for restraint on the screen resolution front. Because both companies had great battery life this year, and I would rather see further advances in battery life than barely perceivable pixel density. And 5.2" is plenty big for a phone (not a phablet).
Quad HD has its place, don't get me wrong, but not below 5.5".
24. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
But the Z3 was more of a Z2S, and the Z2 a Z1S. So what we're looking at is a Z1SSS.
32. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1067; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
The Z1s was the T-Mobile version of the Z1, but T-Mobile already has a Z3, so...
26. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 335; Member since: 30 May 2014)
5.2" 1080p IPS LCD, 3300mAh, snapdragon 810(hoping that they will not put the 805) and the most important thing: the 21 mp phase detection camera. Hope sony will improve the camera next year! :)
27. Zomer (Posts: 252; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Now, however, from the source that leaked some iPhone 6 schematics before
Well he was completely wrong, wasn't he.
28. mawhob2222 (Posts: 219; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Xperia z4 is coming with MSM8994 64bit (snapdragon810)...
36. buccob (Posts: 2512; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Yes please... keep it that way unless they go above 5.5"
39. gosselin (Posts: 87; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
5.2 full HD is better than QHD. Still, I want to see 810 processor on Z4. SONY should wait until 810 is available and introduce Z4. But how reliable is this leak? from "agitated" insider? that sounds fishy...
42. yanish (Posts: 49; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
SONY is NOT going to launch Z4 at CES in january, but at MWC in March. And 64 bit processor in picture 4 means Snapdragon 810 ( if it was Snapdragon 805, then it would say 32 bit). Why would you post such an ambiguous leak like this? Maybe I should trust Android Origin whose leaks make much more sense to me
44. Theus (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
The 2 phones behind are the Z3 (right) and the Z2 (left). Look at the digital clocks.
Also the camera placement of the Z4 is not the same as on the digitizer.
This makes me beleve that the post is not authentic.
45. goodenough (Posts: 82; Member since: 28 Sep 2014)
Those photos look very fishy to me. Here is Android Origin's response to this leak is interesting
46. ozbolt (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Nov 2014)
"BATERRY" lol? and the 3rd pic says Snapdragon805 while the 4th pic says 64-bit processor, which is Snapdragon810. I have never seen any concrete leaks on Z4. That makes me think Z4 won't be out in few weeks. Still, PhoneArena keep saying it will be launched in January... doesn't make any sense at all to me.
47. woodsideguy (Posts: 23; Member since: 27 Nov 2014)
Z4's camera placement in the first photo is totally different from the digitizer photos that Phone Arena posted a couple weeks ago...meaning there are many wrong leaks online. Z4 is still mystery...
48. milkboy54 (Posts: 39; Member since: 04 Oct 2014)
What the heck is Lollipop5.1? I have never heard of 5.1. And actually the display shown in this leak photos and the digitizer leak photos don't match. Everything that Z4 leaks say has been dubious. Z4 won't be out in January but later maybe in March
49. goodenough (Posts: 82; Member since: 28 Sep 2014)
Android Origin just updated Z4 Compac's leak which sounds absolutely great. I can't wait...
50. dino1019 (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Dec 2014)
The new leak by AndroidOrigin AGAIN tells us a totally different story from PhoneArena. It's worth checking up on it. I would trust AndroidOrigin. PhoneArena's leak sounds bogus to me.
51. iialparslan (Posts: 17; Member since: 13 Dec 2014)
The Bezels Seems Bigger Than Z3. İt Can not be Z4. I Hope İt will come with thiner Bezels in Z4.
Maybe That Device can be Z4 Compact..