AT&T unlocking iPhones could be an opportunity for T-Mobile, carrier says it's more affordable
2. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its extremely common. Thats why i laugh about people that are mad that apple doesnt come directly to T-mobile. In order to afford apple subsidies everyone's plans would have to go up. Just get the phone unlocked and bring it over.. It saves you every month with that cheaper plan.
4. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
My wife just did it, we're on T-mobile Value Plan and she just got an unlocked iPhone 4$. I'm waiting to pull the trigger with an Android, just don't know which one yet.
13. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
The SGS3, of course :) lol. The oneS and X should be out pretty shortly if u dont want to wait for the SGS3.
18. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Would you buy the One S or SGS2 (yes the 2)?
When do you realistically think the SG3 will get here in US?
20. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I wouldnt buy either. if I had to chose I guess the 1s... but not happily... and only because it comes with the s4 over the Hercules' s3.. though I'd rather have the super amoled screen and the better xda mod support on the sgs2 Hercules.
when the sgs3 comes out is anyone's guess but if rumors are right it should be may - July time frame.
if your not in dire need of a new phone it would be worth waiting for the official sgs3 announcement to see which way you want to go. if it is indeed the exynos 4212 quadcore and new true HD amoled it will be leagues ahead of the sgs2 and oneS.
5. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
if you're cool with maybe 56k on a mobile device you can have a crappy carrier and a crappy phone...
i think i'll pass. I already went down that road....it was horrible
6. PAPINYC (Posts: 1947; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Speed here is not an issue as the phone itself is 56K. Personally, I think the network's speeds outperform the phone's slow speeds any day. IMH°•°
7. rui-no-onna (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I'll pass. I would like switch to a T-Mobile Value Plan. Don't really care if I can keep using my iPhone, there are plenty of nice Android phones that work on T-Mobile's 3G/HSPA network. However, I don't get T-Mobile signal at the workplace so kinda worthless to switch providers.
10. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
T mobile is desperate to get an iPhone.
11. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you are desperate for attention other than your mother's. true story.
15. Forsaken77 (Posts: 542; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Hey Remix... if I brought a phone that's locked by any other carrier over to Tmobile, can Tmobile unlock it? Or does it have to be unlocked only by the carrier it was on? What happens if you don't know the carrier it was on? How do you unlock it then?
19. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
carriers won't unlock another's phone. go towww.TheUnlockr.com
.. they can unlock most anything.
if its a GSM phone it will work. most GSM phones don't carry T-Mobile's 3g/4g signal though so data might be slow. one of the Canadian carriers uses the same signals.. don't remember which though.
16. Republican (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
It cheapens the iPhone. It should remain locked,for those who have the ability to afford one.
21. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its more expensive unlocked smartypants.lol