191 iPhone 5 units stolen in Japan before launch
2. XperiaFanZone posted on 21 Sep 2012, 07:05 5 0
This is my first post in PhoneArena and I want to say: those thugs will be brainwashed! They shouldn't have done that!
9. Wiki_jaan posted on 21 Sep 2012, 07:38 0 0
promotion thing done .................... now more sheeps ll buy
11. Apple_Royally_ (banned) posted on 21 Sep 2012, 07:54 0 5
uWell thugs will only steal iPhones, cause there valued, they wouldnt steal any other makes®
24. Wiki_jaan posted on 21 Sep 2012, 09:50 1 0
in reality they know iphone worth is high (coz of greedy company) but still a crap .....
3. wendygarett posted on 21 Sep 2012, 07:09 3 4
To reader who actually steal those...
Can you please kindly return to me all 151 units?
ThAnks you :)
18. -box- posted on 21 Sep 2012, 08:17 1 3
Receiving stolen property is a crime, so I wouldn't recommend that, even if it were possible.
25. sgogeta4 posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:39 0 0
they should play will it smash with the phones in a landfill.
4. microsoftnokiawin posted on 21 Sep 2012, 07:11 4 0
LOL some people are just so sad now a days
5. pankajgupta posted on 21 Sep 2012, 07:11 0 5
"an additional 42 iPhone 5s were stolen " 5S really ?? :P
19. -box- posted on 21 Sep 2012, 08:23 1 0
Dunno, but it could be a way of upsetting the queued up lambs for the slaughter, since they can't get their newest piece of idolized garbage until replacements come in.
Kind of a clever move, really, surprised it's not more widespread, as it might cause people who really want a new phone to look elsewhere.
If I didn't have a life and a job, I'd consider going to places that have lines (none near me, iDevices aren't all THAT popular here) and having a few mobile hotspots up with customized network names, like "SwitchToLumia", "TheNextBigThingWasAlreadyHere", "DoNotSupportPhonesMadeBySlaves", "SupportInnovationNotLitigation"
7. eisenbricher posted on 21 Sep 2012, 07:18 6 0
So.. the person who bought the first iPhone 5 was really not their first customer xD
13. rusticguy posted on 21 Sep 2012, 08:06 2 1
Glitch in Apple Maps .. lead them to wrong place ... or perhaps this is how Apple Ad campaigns are meant to be ... it's far cheaper than other modes of advertising ... all allegedly stolen phones must be back with Apple in return for cash ... :)
17. kshell1 posted on 21 Sep 2012, 08:15 1 0
I don't like apple i will admit but stealing their product just isn't right no matter how you look at it.
20. theBankRobber posted on 21 Sep 2012, 08:28 0 0
This was all Apples doing. Since nobody stole the IPhone this year, they set this up to make it seem as others stores are limited in stock so you MUST hurry in before you miss out haha :-P its Friday so have fun with it.
21. LAFN posted on 21 Sep 2012, 08:36 0 0
I don't understand why it is so complicated for the inventory supplier to report the s/n's and the cell providers just block them from being used.
26. sgogeta4 posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:41 0 0
Apple doesn't give a crap. This is nothing to them. It's the outlets that suffer unfortunately.
28. Bernoulli posted on 22 Sep 2012, 01:36 0 0
Um no? I can honestly care less, apple sucks they can keep their poor dual core and one gigahertz processor, my poor galaxy blaze has the same specs than this phone o.O
29. TechPsycho (banned) posted on 22 Sep 2012, 05:13 1 0
lol, Im so sorry for the loss of those iFans lol
27. meowcenary posted on 21 Sep 2012, 21:50 0 0
Yakuza? Human trafficking, check. Extortion, check. Money laundering, check. Prostitute ring, check. Racketeering, check. Gambling house, check. Small arms operations, check. iphone blackmark, check. iphone the new money maker in the under world of crime.