LG V30 is finally getting Android 8.0 Oreo at T-Mobile, but not the easy way
Usually, these updates are deployed OTA (over the air), so you don't really have to do anything aside from waiting to be notified when you can download it. For those impatient, there's another method that sometimes allows them to get a major update slightly earlier by simply heading to the Settings menu and force pull it on the phone.
Unfortunately, none of these methods apply in this case. While T-Mobile has made the Android 8.0 Oreo update available to LG V30 owner, the only way to download it is via LG Bridge software.
The OTA update may come later on, but for the moment the only way to update your LG V30 bought from T-Mobile is using LG Bridge. On the bright side, you get all the new features and improvements the other carrier-branded V30 units already got, including the April security patch.
- Display 6.0" 1440 x 2880 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 5 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Octa-core, 2450 MHz
- Storage 64GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3300 mAh(16.5h talk time)
Posts: 688; Member since: Dec 30, 2014
posted on May 04, 2018, 7:18 PM 4
Posts: 128; Member since: May 15, 2014
posted on May 05, 2018, 8:22 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):