WWDC banners suggest the new flat design for iOS 7
What else related to mobile might be introduced at WWDC this year? One case manufacturer says that Apple will introduce the firth-generation Apple iPad at the event although other reports have the tablet just going into mass production this month or next. While it is unlikely that we will see a new Apple iPhone or Apple iPad at the show, now that Sony Music is in the fold we should see the introduction of iRadio. This is Apple's long-rumored streaming music service that is expected to be free and supported by mobile ads.
Decorations at WWDC 2013 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
This Samsung Galaxy F (S5 Premium) concept looks almost real
07 Mar 2014, 23:59
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Decorations at WWDC 2013
source: Flickr via Pocketlint
7. Eonnaydra (Posts: 181; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
You are saying that iOS 7 will be boring despite having no idea about it,pathetic.
10. JMartin22 (Posts: 547; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
He means how much they are usually known for hyping their product or OS releases, just to reach the end result of it either looking or largely performing the same, or as he said... it just being "boring"
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 8942; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And yet you scrolled, clicked, read, and posted a comment on the article just to say its boring? I think you're excited, even though you hate apple. It's ok c'mon out the closet.
18. JMartin22 (Posts: 547; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Curious and excited have two different meanings. That's not to say expectations are high.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 8942; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Don't recall, or see curious in my post, but ok.
22. stealthd (Posts: 829; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Thanks for paying for the iOS articles. Your comment is utterly worthless, but at least by clicking and posting you make the article appear more popular than it would be if you had ignored it. So the PA and their advertisers keep thinking these articles have value. So seriously, thanks for you patronage.
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5479; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Looks so yawn, same conference with its same iOS grid
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2748; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I say the same thing about your comments.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 8942; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
LMAOOOOO!!! Exactly Mxy, just add in stupid, and you've got gadget. Never makes any sense at all. The other day he made all these remarks about Sony not signing with apple. Looks like he was wrong again...or as usual.
3. Seymur (unregistered)
14. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Literally eh? I would've gone with "wedding day" or "birth of a child", but sure, we'll go with WWDC7. Different strokes for different trolls!
27. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
What? Putting the icons through a rolling mill is best thing ever?
24. AnTuTu (Posts: 596; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Can't wait for what? A new row of apps hahahah
31. BillyG (Posts: 304; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
yup, new look of row of apps that fluid and just works out of the box.
9. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Well let us see what changes are to come to iOS. Though I will say that if the changes are purely things they should have done already, it might not be as impressive as investors would hope and that might lower their stock price. Time will tell. I wish them well.
11. Penny (Posts: 952; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Hmm, they appear to be taking a similar approach to Windows Phone's tiles from a UI standpoint. Wonder if they're also taking that approach from a functionality standpoint, i.e. "live icons." Also wonder if this is going to be received positively or negatively from current and potential iPhone users. Guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.
15. pookiewood (Posts: 469; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
You know MS is doing something right when Apple copies them. By copies I mean the flat look of Metro. Best looking OS IMO.
16. ocilfa (Posts: 284; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Best looking? No. Go to the new Outlook(hotmail metro-style) website and tell me that looks "good".
17. BillyG (Posts: 304; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
lol, the "flat" iOS will be nowhere near the flatness of metroOS that basically has no design at all... just trow a color in a square and drop some whitey to form letters...
20. JMartin22 (Posts: 547; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I bet mainstream media and pundits on tech sites and blogs will rave about this being a "game changer" - or whatever those stupid little "revolutionary" terms of theirs, that are used arbitrarily, are.
28. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 693; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
something looks fishy,and big comin go apple!
30. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Get ready for the all new Apple iOS 7 with a revolutionary 13% increase in icon size.
35. itreday (Posts: 68; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Can't wait to see what apple has in store for iOS 7! I'm really hoping for a new look. I'm tired of wanting to jailbreak.