Upgraded Galaxy S5 and LG G3 models with Snapdragon 805 CPU launching soon, claims Korean media
1. chunky1x (Posts: 268; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Does this mean that all future Samsung and LG flagship phones are just S5 and G3 with monthly incremental specs increase?
5. CoastCity (Posts: 194; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Since we hear before that S5 Prime/F goes for September and LG is " concentrated on the existing G3 for the moment" early adopters from both side will not be pissed at all. A matter to be pissed on G3's is the screen's bad sunlight legibility. I'd rather had it with 1080p and better sunlight legibility.
7. vincelongman (Posts: 2544; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Exactly, its the S5/G3 won't suddenly stop working once the Prime models are out
Also last year Samsung release the S4 LTE-A with the newer S800, so people shouldn't be too surprised
8. 3rdDegree (Posts: 201; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
I have one and the sunlight legibility is actually fine. Don't judge until you've experienced it first hand.
11. CoastCity (Posts: 194; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Just click expandhttp://tinyurl.com/q4wupef
I wanted that phone, then I saw that deal breaker (too much sun in my country)
13. techperson211 (Posts: 979; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
And they say 6 months cycle for Sony is bad.
26. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
no your mother is the queen of my dreams :)
9. Gamas_K (Posts: 68; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Well, the LTE-A Galaxy S5 is just only a galaxy s5 with SD805, and LTE-A G3 is just a G3 with SD 805
14. kanagadeepan (Posts: 760; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
True for G3, but NOT so in S5 case as there is resolution bump expected from 1080p to QHD...
10. gaara6775 (Posts: 720; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Stupid companies. At least they should have not released g3 so soon,its Still not available everywhere but they're planning to get a new one. It would have been better if they prolonged the launch and keep the leaks flooded with 805,because fans would have waited anyhow.
12. Bedz81 (Posts: 71; Member since: 30 Dec 2012)
They should do this with the G Pro 2 at least
15. brasstax (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I know this is off topic, but what about flgship phablets? LG is already done for this year with the G Pro 2 & the Note 4 will be out in Sep/Oct. But what about Sony & HTC? There have been no indications of either company rekeasing a successor to the Z Ultra or the One Max. Have they given up on phablets? So are we going to see flagship phablets from only 2 global brnds henceforth, namely LG & Samsung. Maybe 3 if Appke 5.5" phablet rumours turn iut true.
20. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
I think LG could still release a phablet this year under their Vu line. Not sure if there are any leads on that
18. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 192; Member since: 27 May 2014)
This is why iPhones will be a better buy because they don't make u feel stupid after buying it days later because a new model with newer specs is released at least they wait a full year
23. gaara6775 (Posts: 720; Member since: 20 May 2014)
And then start copying features from android & make new versions of iOS.
25. willard12 (Posts: 1115; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
If you feel stupid because a manufacturer releases a new model then you have mental issues that goes beyond phones. A galaxy s5 bought yesterday will work the exact same way tomorrow when a new version is released. If you were happy yesterday then a new release shouldn't matter. However, if you do have a psychological problem that forces you to keep up with the Joneses, carriers created Jump and Next just for you. See, problem solved.
19. Seattletech (Posts: 43; Member since: 14 May 2014)
Samsung with a 5.3" qhd screen in a slim body might have the upper advantage against the overgrown G3.
LG should continue to produce the g2 with a minor bump G2S proc and updated os and sell that a value price.
21. refillable (Posts: 831; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
I don't care about how people are trying to explain why this cycle is a bad practice. Bringing an upgraded spec variant is totally not new. The S4 had a SD800 variant too. However, what I would like to care is how LG distributes this variant. The S4 SD800 version were only available on their Homeland and we had to buy the bad exynos versions. I think it's safer to wait though. . .
24. pego99 (Posts: 86; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
The iPhone 6 will leave these phones in the dust come September,