The secret of Snapdragon 810 keeping cool? 50 shades of thermal throttling on the G Flex 2
2. sram145 (Posts: 127; Member since: 18 Dec 2014)
yet another reason samsung S6 is going to be a major success for samsung
3. Biernot (unregistered)
lg g3 was throttling too.
normal LG problems ^^
4. mitoita (Posts: 77; Member since: 03 Apr 2014)
WHY DID YOU COMPARE APPLES WITH ORANGES? IS BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS 2 PHONE'S !!! BIGEST IS THE DISPLAY FROM SAMSUNG.
PUT ON SAMSUNG NOTE 4 THE DISPLAY FROM LG AND THEN YOU WILL SEE THE SCORE!
6. Biernot (unregistered)
18. medtxa (Posts: 1126; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
that's offscreen test so resolution doesn't matter
7. biggles (Posts: 222; Member since: 15 Oct 2009)
Interesting. When the S6 launches, let's see how the new Exynos fares in the same testing scenario.
8. Neros (Posts: 1016; Member since: 19 Dec 2014)
Wow, that garbage cpu started throttling after 2nd run and after 3rd ran it was already over.
Barely beats a QHD note in some benchmarks. A true testimony to 810's awesome engineering :D.
11. Tejas9 (Posts: 95; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)
That is why I always to people, let's wait & watch. Note with qhd screen is going better here. The 810 is a rushed up Soc. Samsung decision was crucial as they dropped it entirely this year. It's better for community support too.
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
The light becomes brighter on the reasons why Sammy said no-go with this chip for the first time in 5 generations of Galaxy S.
15. Biernot (unregistered)
It´s ok we still love you
14. rockers123 (Posts: 135; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Even the old Exynos 5433 can beat this...
16. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Maybe it's better for manufacturers to stick to Snapdragon 805 at the moment?
31. j2001m (Posts: 2840; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Samsung we offer them 5433 in 64 bit mode (7410) when they get all there 810 returned
17. ChowMein (Posts: 76; Member since: 01 Jan 2015)
I'm praying that this only happens on the G Flex 2
23. Dude2014 (Posts: 436; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Where are those Qualcomm fanboys who said we're butthurt trolling people? Deal with it. Snapdragon 810 just sucks no matter how Qualcomm try to cover it.
24. vuyonc (Posts: 993; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Looks like I'll have to wait for Taipan. Nah, screw it. Intel will probably have a working Cherry Trail SoC or Nvidia with a X1-level smartphone SoC with a Maxwell GPU (on Samsung's 14nm or TSMC's 16nm process) ready before 2016. Dang it, Qualcomm!
25. Predator1701 (Posts: 108; Member since: 28 Oct 2014)
WTF are u people getting excited about? I admit that the benchmark results are not the greatest, but that doesn't mean anything. Let's all just calm down and wait for the M9 vs GS6 results.
27. tdslam720 (Posts: 70; Member since: 05 Jan 2015)
Lol FOOL! If you're still in denial, you'll be in denial when the M9 comes out
32. j2001m (Posts: 2840; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
As the m9 will only have a 1080p screen if Samsung get even a close better score or the same or a small down score on it the htc will be doa, but sorry to say but the Samsung cpu will kill it doa with a better score, ha the 32bit samsung cpu note 4 kills hit doa and how old is that thing, if I was htc I be phone up Samsung and asking for the 7410 (64bit ver 20nm) asap
29. RandomUsername (Posts: 808; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
I'm definitely not getting a Snapdragon for my next phone, that is sure. Maybe Intel or Nvidia or even Samsung, but not Qualcomm.
33. LikeMyself (Posts: 436; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
So you guys prefer that everyone using Android to use the same S6 with exynos instead of having some competition!? I believe that this someone who did the test with the g flex 2 has been paid big bucks by shamesung to post the results of an unoptimized and prototype g flex 2 running an alpha S810!
36. ph00ny (Posts: 1200; Member since: 26 May 2011)
With numerous rumors regarding delays and issues. Reference device provided by qualcomm to anandtech also showed mediocre performance compared outside of graphics bench
35. pdusk44 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Feb 2015)
I have a flex 2 in front of me, i work at sprint and we just got a demo. I ran the test a bunch it did drop after a the first test and did keep getting worse. I also don't know how to prove that i have one in front of me right now. I could upload a pic but im not sure how.