The Samsung Galaxy S5 leaks in its full, high-resolution glory: waterproof, fingerprint sensor, 16MP camera
Samsung Galaxy S5 leaks ahead of event
16. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3519; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Wait PA.. That's the GS4.. You can't trick me that easily... :-\
34. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 114; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I think thats the cheaper version..the uploader from the source says that there might be a prime version to be launched at the unpacked..
127. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 114; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
The thing next to the flash is a heart rate sensor btw..u put your finger on it and it shows ur heart rate..
69. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
and they said samsung brings different designs unlike apple
79. hk0805 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
This is absolutely not the S5. This seems more of Samsung launching some other phone. Bet it'd be that. If this is "THE S5" then don't know where to find the designers of this device. Probably wanna kill them!
87. hk0805 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
The S5 was also supposed to sport the new TouchWiz UI.
It's no where to be seen.
158. Ashoaib (Posts: 1457; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Yes it is a different design, back cover can be used as a sand paper ;)
118. andro. (Posts: 1936; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I dont think this is the galaxy s5,if it is than Samsung is failing bad. The s4 was the same as the s3 but passed the grade,android users wont accept the same device yet again so easily. Fortunately for android users if your manufacturers keeps handing you the same handset over and over year on year there are always plenty of other vendors unlike a certain fruit phone
133. darkkjedii (Posts: 10530; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This article isn't about fruit phones, is about the s5. Stay on topic, or log off. Don't try to deflect the negative attention to apple dude...won't work.
205. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Dark...he did make a valid point - in other words, ANDROID users can go elsewhere for a phone, while APPLE users are stuck with what they have...
211. darkkjedii (Posts: 10530; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok and that's true network, but in the android community you have name brand loyalists, just like iOS has them. Someone who's a die hard GS fan may not even consider the option of jumping to another brand. Samsung has built quit the huge Samsung Eco system, as well s the android they use too. How many Samsung loyalists do you honestly think will leave due to aesthetics? Also bro, we're all free to go elsewhere, but I understand the context of your post. Your post made sense, and was neutral. His was an attempt to bash, and deflect the negativity to iPhones +1
215. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Thanks, dude - yeah, I do not see as many logo lovers among Android users - but there are some and I ashamed of them....lol...I still have fond memories of the original SGS1 - the CAPTIVATE - I wish Samsung would do something like that for the SGS6 - it would be a different look, and a better looking phone as I am getting bored of the Galaxy look - I found a few sites online that sell clones - wow, literally dozens of them out there...and some are as good of quality as the original, at half the price...
232. darkkjedii (Posts: 10530; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I can honestly admit, although I think the iPhone looks beautiful, I'm bored with that look and wanna see them change it up. People get comfortable with these devices and brands, and don't wanna leave em. Try to get a hardcore Corvette lover to ditch his c7 for a 911 GT, or a Mustang purist to ditch it for a Camaro you'll have a fight on your hands lol. I'm an iPhone first guy you know that, but when it comes to android, I swear dude I couldn't see myself with anything other than a galaxy (be it S or Note). I think the HTC One is the most beautiful phone ever made, but I just can't ditch a galaxy for it. Another thing to consider, is how skinned android is. Even in the android Eco system there's a learning curve when you leave company A for company B.
241. testerguy (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Networkdood, he didn't make a valid point, because Apple users can choose ANY phone they like, including ANY Android.
The only reason they pick iPhones, IF THEY DO, is because they considered EVERY OPTION any Android fan considers, PLUS the iPhone, and the iPhone was the best for them.
It's Android fans who refuse to buy Apple products who have less choice, not iPhone purchasers.
245. darkkjedii (Posts: 10530; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Wow dude that makes a lot of sense. I must admit, I notice more iPhone hatred from android users, than android hatred from iPhone users, although there's plenty of hate on each side of the face. +1 good post
261. PBXtech (Posts: 970; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
When people buy a phone by any OEM just because it's made by that OEM, they really aren't looking at every phone or every option out there for what suits them. What they are doing is just continuing to buy what they own. It's the same for SS users but happens the most with iOS users, as pointed out in the article.
285. darkkjedii (Posts: 10530; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Screw you too. See how easy that was, now go away.
309. darkkjedii (Posts: 10530; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
"I don't think this is the galaxy s5, if it is than Samsung is failing bad" ummmmmmmm...
122. aksa123 (Posts: 172; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Right. If it's indeed gs5, then I'm very dissapointed.
I don't think that's a 4k display anyway.
236. techaman (unregistered)
It's a gs4 proto type because they were going to try to put a fingerprint scanner in the GS4 could call it AGS four mega
267. Cicero (Posts: 270; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Nope it is not S4. It is Tizen by Samsung. The look line is like Galaxy. Take a look at the picture with all three. Two with Chrome browser and the supposed S5 with sammy browser. You got it? Sammy info storm! +1
21. Finalflash (Posts: 1588; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea and they kept the God forsaken physical button... Not getting it this round.
23. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Sammy removed the Menu button. :O
46. uRiBiTo666 (Posts: 20; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Yeah I also noticed that. That "multitasking" button sucks. As one can access multitasking by holding the physical home button. Wich should be capacitive
66. Doakie (Posts: 1183; Member since: 06 May 2009)
:0 What are you saying?! The long press totally ruins fast app switching. The actual multitasking button is where it's at! Dude, because of that one button I'm trading in my Note 3 for a Galaxy S 5! I'm sold. To hell with the One 2014. There's a GS5 in my future!
99. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 114; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
sucks for the ppl who were used to the earlier menu button..
217. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Methinks you are too fixated with the buttons...just get a navbar - mine on my Nexus 5, only shows up when I need it....awesome mod thanks to XPOSED....
270. Cicero (Posts: 270; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Tizen phone. Sammy browser and not settings cap. button.
297. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
pretty much because Google forced them too by adding redundant menu button code in their apps.
29. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Now everyone understands why Sony's bezels are big.
I want to see Samboys reaction.
70. lalalaman (Posts: 301; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Yup, all I see is bezels and ugliness......yuck, no thanks this time.....now I'm waithing for all new one
135. Ashoaib (Posts: 1457; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Sony's bezels are not big... plz correct your statement, it is huuugggeeee.....
249. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Just try to put same specs inside S5 it will be bigger than Z2, just like Xperia Z vs GS4 Active.
312. Ashoaib (Posts: 1457; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
S5 already has more specs then xperia z or z2
31. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
this does not live up to the hype, at all.
I am thoroughly dissapointed,
45. surethom (Posts: 232; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Wow that back cover look so so cheap & I now it is IP67 but I hate USB charging covers like on my Xperia S. I so so hope wireless charging is as Standard this time other wise The HTC M8 will be this years phone
56. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
WTF is this..a lumia 520 looks better than this....samsung was right...S5 is totally different
65. Dude2014 (Posts: 128; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
My final hope is that Samsung will announce Premium version of GS5 although I know it's quite impossible.
72. jcdz89 (Posts: 62; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
If this is the real deal , my hopes done & dusted.. talk about zero bezels but this thing looks like s3.
119. Kuroki (Posts: 76; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
And samsung has just proven that waterproofing=big bezels
137. Ashoaib (Posts: 1457; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
The back cover can be my next foot scruber
167. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Calm down and read this very carefully:
As Samsung's Spokesman for Southeast Asia region I just can say: It's the best we can offer, all we need is your money no matter who you are. Higher profit is our Next BIG thing.
172. Ashoaib (Posts: 1457; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
But this statement was given by apple before... same like this statement "we portray a midrange phone as a highest end which can even surpass NASA and we will sell it thousand times the cost of manufacturing"...
170. poikilo (Posts: 47; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
The last image shows model Number as GT-00000, which means this could be one of the many test models made.
176. iamoa (Posts: 62; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
Agreed. And by the way, still a copied design. :P
201. techaman (unregistered)
If this is the s5 I will not be getting this I will stick with s3 and get HTC or LG I hope Samsung's people read these posts
231. andonia2 (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Jul 2013)
Its NOT THE S5!!!!!!!!!!!! do u guys remember the MAgazine UX which @evleaks showed???????? It looks nothing like this!!!!!!!!!
273. Cicero (Posts: 270; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Tizen phone. Browser and buttons say all about.
237. Arthurhkt (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
If this is the real Samsung Galaxy S5, all i can say is either they should fired their design team.. or this is their new design "logic"