Teens want Santa to bring them the Apple iPhone and Apple iPad this Xmas
In all, 11.2% of the teenagers in the survey want some sort of Apple product under the tree. Back in 2008, only 7.3% of the teens asked requested a product made by the gang at Cupertino for the holidays. A large part of the increase came from the Apple iPhone which has tripled its presence on the list over those years. As more kids picture themselves unwrapping a iPhone for Xmas or during the 8 days of Chanukah, fewer have the non-touch Apple iPod in mind. Kids wishing for the non-touch iPod have dropped from 4.3% of those surveyed in 2008 to 2.1% this year. The number of those wishing for the Apple iPod touch has stayed static over the last 4 years.
Another reason for the increase in teenagers' holiday wish for Apple products has to do with the Apple iPad. Not around in 2008-2009, the tablet is on the wish list of 2.5% of the teens asked, up from 2.2% last year. The numbers jive with a recent poll taken by Nielsen showing that 24% of kids age 13 or higher plan on buying an iPad in the next 6 months. The same poll showed that the Apple iPhone and iPod touch have been among the top gifts for teens this year.
To put the Piper Jaffray survey in perspective, the Microsoft Xbox 360 appears on only .3% of the lists of teens asked for their wish list and the Sony PlayStation 3 appeared on .4 of the lists. The only items that beat out Apple products as a whole were cash at 22% and clothing at 15%, and we would bet that if you asked the kids who want the moola what they would spend it on, most would probably reply with the Apple iPhone.
1. messiah (Posts: 433; Member since: 19 Feb 2010)
Jesus, if this isnt a iphonearena endrorsement, I don't know what is.
37. robinrisk (unregistered)
its not biased, its a trustworthy report that shows that people who have not yet fully developed their minds (Kids and Teenagers) want Apple.
71. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
not everything that comes off as pro-apple means that its iphonearena all over again. its just a report. and its saying kids want an iphone.. no big deal.
75. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Kids are smart. They know which device is good and whatnot.
79. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1443; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
kids know what their friends have and want the same, it's not the same as "good"
82. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Miz. Kids are not smart they get what everybody is buying sorry that's not so smart
74. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Nope, just another random PA article that contributes absolutely nothing of value. One day, they're praising the iPhone. Next day, they're bashing it.
2. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
For those who bought an iPod touch. Why would you consider buying an iPhone extra? Only if you're trully wanna switch from iPod touch to phone.
But if you got an iPod touch and you want a phone with a great OS people will buy an android phone of course. This way people experience both OS's in full glory also.
Also it doesn't suprise me teens want something from apple beneath the tree.
Let it be.
15. c.hack (Posts: 487; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
A "great" OS is a matter of opinion. Obviously, many people consider iOS to be a great phone OS. At least it gets updates and doesn't crash on a daily basis.
21. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I just received Gingerbread on my Thunderbolt about five months after the phone was released... and I don't think my TB has ever "crashed".
Now that I think about it I don't think i've even seen any force closes on my TB.
That argument died awhile ago, think of something new to use to bash on Android.
24. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You're lying. Just read any thunderbolt forums for all the bugs.
29. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Just because other people have problems doesn't mean i'm lying you dumb ass.
Besides. Did I say i've never had issues? NO. I said it's never "crashed" and I haven't had any force closes.
Learn to read.
33. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
and what would we find if we read all the iphone4s forums? dont be a hippocrit
36. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
Yeah really. Look at ANY phone forums and you will find people complaining about bugs and glitches.
38. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Remix you may want to learn how to spell hypocrite.
I don't go around denying issues. He does.
"it's never crashed". Let's be realistic here cc
42. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
first sign of a losing argument.. pick on the other person's spelling.
45. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It's just that you've spelled it wrong about 10 different times. It's obviously not a typo.
54. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
did i ever say it was a typo? you are a sad sad individual.
83. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well then I guess i win al my arguments.. because you have picked on my spelling and how I write.. hmmmm
51. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Maybe we need to define crashing.
My definition of the phone "crashing" would be:
1. Random reboot.
2. Phone locking up forcing a battery pull.
3. An App "force closing"
Since none of those three things have ever happened to me on my Thunderbolt, i'm going to go with my original statement that my Thunderbolt has never crashed.
What is your definition of crashing?
57. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I agree with your definition and yes you're lying.
88. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Just because the majority of Thunderbolts have experienced crash does not mean his has crashed. His Thunderbolt was probably "assembled in China" by the same people that assembles the iPhone.
76. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Nor does it force closes, steals your data, have security issues, have UIs that boggle down system resources, and so on.
93. nwright94 (unregistered)
Or a windows phone or a BB7 device =) Android and Apple aren't the only ones out there, although they are the biggest. I wish they kept Meego alive and brought the N9 to America because i don't think i'd get another iOS/Android/WP7 again.
96. dieztrict (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Yes i agree with you. i have an Ipod Touch & i'm satisfied (i think Iphone 4S is somewhat unnecessary for me). iOS is good operating system it's stable which supported by so many apps. Android was good to with rich customize able option.
6. LewsTherin006 (Posts: 140; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
teens might also want to get a job. The stuff aint cheap.
64. vegasguy51 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 May 2011)
I have to agree with Lews, most kids don't have any idea of the value of the dollar. Get a job? They don't even want to do chores at home.
85. xiobnb (Posts: 74; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
i do agree some ppl need save money .. but its hard for teens to get a job these days... the jobs at fastfood places are taken up since nobody is leaving and the places like retailer stores, well you have to be good looking.
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3447; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Well not me, I want an Android Ice Cream Sandwich 1.5GHz quad-core Asus Transformer Prime, not some crappy iPad 2.
Also if I were to get a phone this holiday it would be PhoneArena.com's 9.5 rated Android Ice Cream Sandwich 1.2GHz dual-core Google Nexus Prime, not some crappy 800MHz dual-core rehash of the Apple iPhone 4.
Plus a Star Wars Lego Millennium Falcon set would be more useful than an iPad 2, iPhone 4S or any Apple product for that matter. lol
Season’s greetings to all at PhoneArena.com! :-)
16. c.hack (Posts: 487; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Do you seriously buy your phones based on MHz specs?
BTW, the iPad 2 is not a phone.
22. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
He didn't say the iPad 2 was a phone...
Do you need glasses?
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
She does buy based on specs because she's "smart"
39. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3447; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
taco50 are you calling me a girl? Really?!?
Is that now what you stoop too. taco50 have you run out of your wit? Damn Thanksgiving was not kind to you. :-(
Just so you can see how demented you sound like, I will humor you. No taco50 you ARE the girl here. You know why, because next to your name there are lots of very pretty red thumbs downs. It's just like the cute red bows you wear on your pretty little hair.
Gosh I feel stupid. lol
46. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Well you certainly write like a girl. I've asked you directly before and you refused to answer. Sorry if assumed incorrectly.
I guess you're just dumb...
52. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3447; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Dude one of the first rules of life is to not assume. You sound like an a$s. I must have posted a million times that I have a Wife & Kids. You always read my posts because you answer to them. So stop the BS taco50. Grow up, you know I am no girl.
"I guess you're just dumb..."
I don't like this taco50. Please bring back the old taco50 you know the one who had better things to say than that. If I were to answer that big time diss, it would be like picking on a 3 year old. Have you lost your mojo? Where is your wit? You sound very sorry. lol
78. supaman21 (Posts: 43; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
Apples servers have an outage, he can't get a response on what to say
32. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3447; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Buddy I was talking about Apple products, just like this article mentions BOTH the iPhone & iPad.
c.hack read before you post. You kinda look silly, well not kinda you DO look silly & foolish!
No I don't buy phones or tablets based on GHz. (Not MHz)
Last time I owned a phone with MHz it was the HTC Hero.
All Apple has on Android is more apps, but all the best apps on Apple are on Android so it's a wash. All Android has on Apple are better phones, like phones with bigger HD screens, NFC chips, more RAM, better OS like Ice Cream Sandwich, & VERY VERY soon quad-core tablets, & phones.
It’s just the truth.
25. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
That makes since. You're a teenage girl. It all comes together now.
35. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3447; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
What on this great planet of ours are you talking about?
Are you trying to make a funny?
Dude are you high? lol Get a clue!
69. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1443; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
"That makes since"? lol and you call out others typos. What a jacka**
72. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
45. taco50 posted on 50 min ago 1 1
It's just that you've spelled it wrong about 10 different times. It's obviously not a typo.
This comment is posted in response to #42 Show
73. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3447; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Dude you are completely BUSTED. WTF are you talking about?
taco50 I really think you lost it. You sound demented.
80. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1443; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
funny he has to quote himself to feel better, actually it's more sad than funny
8. Tux4g63 (Posts: 114; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
I'm not sure how Santa could build these things in his shop at the North Pole without getting the living bejesus sued out of him by Apple.
11. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3447; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol I know, Santa would get grounded. Apple wouldn't let Santa go out on Christmas eve. lol
Apple would literally STOP Christmas because nothing is more important than Apple!
9. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
I think a MacBook Air or Ultrabook would be at the top of my list.
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Dear Santa would like a Galaxy Tab/Samsung WiFi 4.0 and Galaxy Nexus.
12. Ivan6479 (Posts: 243; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Just when you think PA is putting out sensible articles they decide to put out some garbage like this. I guess somethings never change with iPhoneArena.
13. systamatics (Posts: 63; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
why the hell is the survey only conducted for apple products , iphonearena much?
14. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Seems like Apple ppl are bribing Phone Arena with extra dosage!!
17. c.hack (Posts: 487; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Of course, Android articles are totally objective, right? LOL