Stock Lollipop vs Samsung TouchWiz vs HTC Sense vs LG UI: Interface comparison
24. sriuslywtf (Posts: 297; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I like how HTC ignored the stacked cards Recents Apps.
Its like: FU! Were doing it our own way.
BTW, where Sony's UI?
27. vincelongman (Posts: 4104; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
HTC has a setting to choose between their one or the stock android one
As for Sony they are still working on their Lollipop update
50. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You have the option for both of I'm not mistaken.
And Sony? Lol idk what they hell they're doing. Closest UI to stock yet the last ones to update. Pathetic.
37. JesseJames (Posts: 108; Member since: 22 Feb 2015)
And I like how you are showing your ignorance for the world to see. Anyway, sense gives you the option for either. As a matter of fact the card style is the actual default view like the rest.
66. danchoi704 (Posts: 38; Member since: 18 Apr 2008)
Lollipop have both stack cards and tiles, u can choose either.
32. tenho1982 (Posts: 68; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Oh yes, Sense is best, but I won't buy an HTC because I don't like the boring gray UI, no matter how good you claim it to be.
40. Wiencon (Posts: 1767; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
Sense and stock are best IMO.
5. Sony - screenshots of lollipop look horrible.
42. diehardnokian (Posts: 145; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
this comparison will be better after sense 7 and new TW
2. bokimaricu (Posts: 58; Member since: 21 Dec 2013)
And btw LG UI now has near-stock navigation bar.
4. AndroidLollipop (unregistered)
Stock - except for the camera interface
14. XaErO (Posts: 302; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
+1 exactly !! .. Stock android need to refine that or probably redesign that camera app completely !!
29. vincelongman (Posts: 4104; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
The stock app hasn't even been updated to integrate Camera2 API
They should add manual controls, RAW DNG mode, RAW DNG + JPEG mode,...
I'm using A Better Camera instead at the moment
18. Samesung (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 23 Feb 2015)
Beside, Stock UI without the OEM bloats is always smoother.
5. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
There is nothing 'Material' about HTC's Sense. Too much dull black in Sense. TouchWiz looks closest to stock, comparatively.
15. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Isn't it quite obvious material UI for sense isn't going to be released until M9 comes out in a few days?
17. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Material design is suppose to come with Android L and not M9. What's the point of updating phone to Android 5.0 if you leave out the biggest feature of Android L.
57. djinn911 (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
I bet no oem want to showcase their new ui until they have some new flagship hardware for it. Buzz of M9 would have been halved if they had already showcased their new sense 7 with the lollipop update
6. twens (Posts: 955; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Funny how people say touch wiz is ugly. Compared to the above I see no difference if not I even prefer their implementation better.
7. Gtranushka (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Oct 2014)
LG UI and Touchwiz seems beautiful/pleasant! better look. :D nice work both LG and Samsung!
8. crunkgrunk (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Sep 2014)
The others are mostly just playing catch-up to Stock. Well that's how it looks to me.
10. tech-lover (Posts: 108; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
Touchwiz always is the most functional UI but after lollipop update i founded it also most beautiful...nice sammy, thanks.
12. XaErO (Posts: 302; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Sony UI is missing here .. Stock and Touchwiz (except performance) are the best one here !!
21. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
Sony is not ready yet, and with the recently leaked fake Xperia Lollipop UI, I think we're gonna be surprised when we see the real Xperia Lollipop UI.
19. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
LG UI>SENCE>LOLLIPOP>LAGWIZ>pathetic hater
20. sip1995 (Posts: 1552; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Yeah....you found it, you won the internet for a day :)
54. GeorgeDao123 (Posts: 423; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
LAGWIZ? Well, try comparing S5 and G3 on Lollipop, you'll see G3 is far more laggy. Don't believe me? Try it yourself.
Why don't you remove the trousers completely?
23. JMartin22 (Posts: 1899; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
These no-nothing talkers dissing TW for performance issues clearly didn't experience the exorbitant improvement made between KitKat and Lollipop and are just spouting more deadbeat talking points.
28. mostafawael.1998 (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
Okay, it is almost impossible that all people come here will agree on one thing. For me, I want to make a change from Sammy to Sense. Although Sense users who got the lollipop update claim that changes are minimal, I have a feeling that Sense 7 will bring a hell lot of changes with the HTC One M9 announcement. All what I hope for now is that Snapdragon 810 is not overheating, and have no problems with their memory controller or the GPU drivers
If the problems are still persistent, then I will be forced to keep with Sammy and buy the S6, as I got really fed up with my old aging galaxy S3 :D
30. JMartin22 (Posts: 1899; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Out of all the UIs, TW has had the most visual change (excluding Stock) and has offered the greatest performance increase. Samsung really took the firmware update and made it their own, the rest slapped it on with little to no optimization.
33. lehrer (Posts: 18; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
All I see is that stock is the worst, with the least features. And that camera...
35. ThePython (Posts: 869; Member since: 08 May 2013)
TouchWiz is starting to look good imo. Now it just needs to feel good, too.
36. sachouba (Posts: 155; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
It's funny how LG copied everything from Touchwiz, from the interface to the features.
47. Rigbaby (Posts: 84; Member since: 06 Nov 2014)
To be honest I don't care if companies copy the best things from their competitor it's a way of making things as close to perfect as it could be
38. .KRATOS. (Posts: 307; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Stock and TouchWiz, but stock needs to implement some useful features, like multitasking one hand mode n some other to be perfect
39. SportDriver (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Stock is my fisrt love but comparing all those UI-s next to each other I must say my 2nd favorite is TW, never thought I'm going to say that but It's the closest to stock Android. And I don't like other 2 at all.
41. danielxxi (Posts: 183; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
It's between Stock & Sense, simple & elegant
43. sonisoe (Posts: 405; Member since: 06 May 2009)
love that ringtone & notification have separate volume toggles... people have been asking for the return of this feature and google's been stubborn....
44. Supraman21 (Posts: 307; Member since: 09 Jun 2010)
Touchwizs notification drawer is God awful. Get rid of the ugly colors Samsung
45. ivanprskalo (Posts: 123; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
1. LG UI
tie on 2. Sense and Stock
46. A.Adel (Posts: 45; Member since: 01 Sep 2014)
Old LG ui the navbar icons already changed to lollipop icons
and as far as i know HTC had updated the recent apps to the one from lollipop
by the way LG didnt copy Sam in the UI its the same UI thats came with LG G3 Kitkat
to me in Lock screen ---> Stock is the best one
in Home screen ---> LG UI is the best but LG should update the icons (htc have the best looking icons )
in App drawer --> HTC UI
Widgets pane --> HTC & LG
Recent apps --> they all nearly the same
Calendar --> LG
Browser --> HTC
Gallery --> HTC
Dialer --> Samsung & HTC & Stock
Contacts --> Samsung
Alarm --> Stock & samsung
Stopwatch --> Stock
Messenger --> Equal
Music --> they are all good looking ( Equal )
Camera interface --> i hate them all Miui & EUI have the best looking Camera interface
Keyboard ---> LG & HTC
SETTING --> SAMSUNG & HTC & STOCK
48. Rigbaby (Posts: 84; Member since: 06 Nov 2014)
It's nice to see we all have at least one interface that appeals to us and nobody has to settle for something they don't like...I love open source
49. dreyfus (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Feb 2015)
Despite the fact I don't like the Lollipop implementation of TouchWiz (I love the KitKat one, mosltly on Galaxy S4 and not that much on S5), I still consider that the Samsung one is by far,the best! Samsung always had best keyboards. Period.
Andorid stock as usual, the most ugliest one! I never liked how Android looked. I ended up having Andorid phones because of Samsung TouchWiz UI. I didn't liked ToucWiz on Omnia with Windows Mobile.
Don't blame me, that's how I feel! I dislike rounded icons, that's just why I will never ended up buying a Sony Xperia phone :)
53. GeorgeDao123 (Posts: 423; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
For me, Stock Android > TouchWiz > Sense > LG. LG skin is too heavy and looks cheap.
56. Andrewtst (Posts: 608; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Best Looking in order:
4. LG UI
58. Chris_c81 (Posts: 12; Member since: 31 Jan 2015)
Any brownie points TW is gaining in these comments, is countered by the horrible amounts of bloatware that comes with it.
For me its Sense > Lollipop > LG > TW