Sony Xperia M spotted, ready to take your hard-earned cash
One such reminder is the Sony Xperia M that we told you about a month or so ago. Even though we had our hands on most of the specs, we were still missing two essential details – price and release date, both of which have now been answered. The Xperia M has just become available for purchase at UK e-tailer, Clove Technology, pegged at about $295 (£194.99), VAT is included and the device ships unlocked. Note that the Xperia M may arrive on US soil with a different price tag.
The latest Sony design language flows through the M and if that isn't enough to sweeten the deal, here's a quick recap of the specs:
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 4-inch, 480x854 TFT display
- 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 4GB internal memory, expandable via MicroSD (up to an additional 32GB)
- 5MP Auto-Focus/LED Flash Exmor RS camera
- 1750 mAh battery, removable
- Weighs in at 115g., 9.3mm thick
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
On a similar note, pricing for the device has yet to make an appearance anywhere else that we looked, including Sony's site, but we expect that to change in the next few days. Stay tuned!
Sony Xperia M
source: CloveTechnology Blog
4. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
White variants always make the bezels look bigger. Pick black to create an illusion of slimmer bezels or other back colors that have black on their fronts. And that is if you really want a phone but the bezel is not quite slim! :)
2. MrKoles (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Half of the phone is just bezel...And they could bring on something new design, beacause it´s fairly hard to distinguish from other Xperia phones.
11. tadaa (Posts: 245; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
its a low end phone, sheesh. and the design is fine, i merges the z(omnibalance) and l's(arc on the back) designs
13. MrKoles (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Sony´s name equals with stylish high-end technology in peoples mind. I didn´t say this design is ugly, but I would willingly see something new (same with Samsung), and a thin bezel makes you feel that you´re holding something futuristic (what doesn´t depend on price).
19. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
I thought I was the only one having problems distinguishing xperia phones. And they can also change their naming scheme from letters to actual names like the acro. Those letters are hard to distinguish and remember.
3. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Hey PA! Any details or a profile on your site for the Xperia C? That one is a sure Galaxy Grand competitor!
6. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4004; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
7. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
I know about this article what I want is actual price and release dates and a profile of this device on in this site for me to compare it side by side with other phones such as the Galaxy Grand.
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Last year it was the NXT design taking prominent space in Sony phones.
Now it's the Xperia Z's design taking seat...i guess i can't only blame Samsung for using it's design too much now.
8. LordLust187 (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
It's got just as much bezel as a WP Device LMAO
10. dwroberts (unregistered)
Sorry guys, but this has been up for ages on the UK Sony Mobile website. I'm not allowed to post the link, but head over to "sonymobile dot com slash gb slash products slash phones" if you want.
Incidentally, I'm amazed that nobody has commented on the "non announcement" in Paris yesterday - everyone was fired up for the Honami / i1, and it turned out to be a drinks evening for local reporters!
12. Chris.P (Posts: 270; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Care to elaborate? The Sony GB site that you listed (incidentally, the same that I referred to in the article) shows the Sony Xperia M as 'coming soon'?
14. dwroberts (unregistered)
Sorry, I was just trying to be helpful since the post closed by saying that "the device has yet to make an appearance anywhere else that we looked, including Sony's site".
PS - Still amazed how quickly the Honami excitement has just ebbed away. I was really looking forward to a post-Z handset!
15. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Hey chris there is something wrong with your specs list, xperia m have removeable battery
16. jb4674 (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Screw the Xperia M. Whatever happened to all the hoopla about the Honami's press event yesterday? No one seems to have any information about it.....
20. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Price is somewhat high for this midranger..
21. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
im going to get this for my mom and then are xperia family will be completed
23. mike.messiah (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
If its cheaper than the Xperia L then its a great phone...since the Galaxy Ace 3 will be more expensive, i guess this will be a success like the Xperia L