Skype 2.0 for Android hacked to have video calls working on non-supported devices
The hacked Skype 2.0 version has been intended to run on the Samsung Galaxy S II, and our test showed that it works without a hitch. However, the program has been successfully tried out on a number of other smartphones and tablets. So far, the list of devices that reportedly run the unofficial Skype 2.0 includes, but may not be limited to:
Feel free to grab the hacked Skype 2.0 for Android APK file from the download link below, and if it happens to work for you, do not forget to brag about it by leaving a comment. Also, bear in mind that before installing it, you will most probably need to remove the old Skype version from your device, assuming that you have it installed, of course.
source: villainROM via Android Authority
Download the hacked Skype 2.0 for Android APK file from here.
3. protozeloz posted on 01 Jul 2011, 06:48 0 0
Its the reason why the didn't just put all devices. Probably to avoid being rated down but worry not, skype will make it soon enough, just like netflix
11. Rotate posted on 01 Jul 2011, 08:48 0 0
i didn't want to rate it down, just to confirm if it's working or not :)
6. Daddyyy (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 06:50 0 0
go to settings -> applications -> Manage application -> Skype -> clear data and clear cache.
12. Rotate posted on 01 Jul 2011, 08:52 0 0
unfortunately can't clear them, they are greyed out... it shows as com.skype.raider no skype logo... can't even start it, as i start it, it suddenly force closes, so it doesn't work on Optimus 2x, it sad but true :( i hope it gets the thing soon :)
4. lukers (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 06:48 0 0
Working fine on desire hd
5. Daddyyy (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 06:50 0 0
If 'FORCE CLOSE' then go to settings -> applications -> Manage application -> Skype -> clear data and clear cache.
Great work developers and good overall improvements in app. Most inmportant for me 'EASIER SIGNOUT' :D
7. rdlnadela (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 07:30 0 0
please hacked this so it could work on BADA OS .
8. wolfman99 (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 07:38 0 0
does not work on thunderbolt, can start the application, when i go to make video call nothing happens, when i click answer video call it crashes, tried clearing data and cache same thing... thunderbolt with leaked mr2
9. Rich (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 08:22 0 0
Thunderbolt already had skype with video... it leaked like 3 months ago. works flawlessly. search for it on the web.
21. wolfman99 (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 13:53 0 0
Not On leaked mr2 update that fixed my reboots. Skype quit working after I installed mr2 update. It was worth it to not have any reboots though. So with the mr2 update installed Skype with video does not work...
10. Phil (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 08:40 0 0
Working great on HTC Flyer.
13. LandLockedPH posted on 01 Jul 2011, 09:15 0 0
I installed it on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and it seems to work perfectly until I go to login. I enter my name and pw and the app closes. I've tried clearing data and cache as described above but with the same results.
Thanks in advance for any help!
14. spanky posted on 01 Jul 2011, 10:02 0 0
installed on evo 3d. works perfect except for video calling, which is the only feature i wanted to use. if i try to video call someone on a computer it will show me when the call is initializing, but once the call connects my video disappears and will not show the others person video. i try to refresh video and it says on the other persons screen that i am trying to refresh but still no video on either end. very excited to this to work tho!! hopefully a fix comes soon!!!
15. vichetqianyi (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 10:23 0 0
sony ericsson experia x8 can install or not, after i upgrade OS Android 2.1?
16. Synack (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 10:55 0 0
Doesn't work on Droid Charge.
18. herbie1960 posted on 01 Jul 2011, 13:11 0 0
I tried it on Samsung Galaxy S 4g and it does not work
19. Nuwanf (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 13:36 0 0
Can someone tel me how to install this app on the atrix 4g. When I tried it says the certificate is not trusted
20. joe.c (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 13:41 0 0
Works great on sensation 4g
22. j (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 15:25 0 0
I have the atrix 4g and it says it can't instal cause it's not trusted....?
23. NuwanF (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2011, 17:55 0 0
I have the same problem... any advice from anyone?
25. Pinoy Persuasion (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2011, 13:07 0 0
Installs and works perfectly on Samsung Galaxy Ace, although this phone has no front-facing camera, the app is still useful. Thanks!
27. Ghulam Murtaza (unregistered) posted on 04 Jul 2011, 04:50 0 0
HEy how u do this my galaxy mini is forcing some problem with it.. which android u have? I have android 2.3.4
26. Ghulam Murtaza (unregistered) posted on 04 Jul 2011, 04:49 0 0
Not working on my Galaxy Mini.... it installed but when i sign in it automatically restart again i sign in again it restart guys help me out.....
28. hhaa (unregistered) posted on 04 Jul 2011, 06:18 0 0
sgs2 to pc
29. hhaa (unregistered) posted on 04 Jul 2011, 06:28 0 0
for those that cannot install, try:
then tick unknown sources.
30. tayyb (unregistered) posted on 04 Jul 2011, 16:14 0 0
Dowloaded successfully for ASU Transformer. When I log in, I am prompted to install regular Skype app from Marketplace and unable to log in. Please help.
31. c01jacj1 posted on 04 Jul 2011, 16:33 0 0
Somebody Skype me so I can test this out for Samsung Infuse...
32. Camilo Cury (unregistered) posted on 04 Jul 2011, 21:20 0 0
I installed on my HTC INSPIRE 4G, and I can not call with video calling, and upon receiving a call, select Answer video and I closed the application.
33. vic (unregistered) posted on 04 Jul 2011, 23:36 0 0
I got it working on my Samsung Galaxy S (i9000).
Here's what I did:
If you already have skype
1. In 'Manage Applictions' -> 'Force Stop' Skype.
2. In 'Manage Applictions' for Skype, 'Clear Data' for Skype.
3. In 'Manage Applictions' -> Uninstall Skype.
Now install Skype using the downloaded apk file.
Open the app and continue with the sign in process.
The application will Force closes.
Go to Manage Applications and 'Force Stop' and 'Clear Data' for Skype.
Now Open Skype and continue with the login process and this time it should work fine.
Worked for me!!
Reply if this works for you.
34. Tom (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 04:06 0 0
I did all the above on SGS (i9000) .. .Cleared cache many times etc...
But got force close when trying to open video. Rest seems to work, but that was also on official version. So... for now useless ((
35. Joker2036 (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 13:52 0 0
Says error parsing package... Htc hd2 running coredroid hd v1. 6
36. Chipper-DINC2 (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 16:24 0 0
So, I have the Droid Incredible 2. I just got it on 7/19/2011 so it already had the OS upgrade Gingerbread 2.3 and this version works perfect. I can switch between my front and back camera during a Skype call. They can see me and I can see them. The audio works perfect as well! All is flawless in the land of DROID!
37. Chipper-DINC2 posted on 20 Jul 2011, 16:31 0 0
It works on my DINC2. I bought my phone on 7/19/2011 so it came with the new 2.3 OS upgrade. I can switch between cameras during a video Skype call! Thanks for the hacked version! The Incredible 2 is truly too incredible!
38. BobbyRed (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 10:56 0 0
Doesn't work on Samsung Charge. Forced close, cleared cache & relaunched. Camera unavailable to app. App closes immediately after establishing contact. Shame, as 4G is tailormade for Skype.
39. Raul (unregistered) posted on 30 Jul 2011, 23:57 0 0
Works like a charm on my Galaxy S1!!! Cant thank you enuf!!!