Shortage of ASUS Eee Pad Transformer will not be eased until next month
The 300,000 Eee Pad Transformer units sold would give ASUS a victory over the heavily advertised Motorola XOOM. The latter sold only 250,000 tablets during the Winter as we reported, which means depending on how it did in the Spring, the ASUS tablet could be the best selling Honeycomb flavored device in the marketplace.
At $400, the 16GB ASUS Eee Pad Transformer is priced $200 less than the Motorola XOOM's 32GB Wi-Fi only version and $100 under the price of the 16GB Apple iPad2 which explains some of the reason why demand for the device has been outstripping supply.
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4000; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
protozeloz I am with you! I want this also! I hope that this month I can land one! lol
3. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
honeycomb goodness and all the power of the "big boys" without the ferrari price.. love it.
Yea, and that add on keyboard/battery is awesome. :)
4. NeXoS (Posts: 278; Member since: 03 May 2011)
They need to make sure they have ample keyboard / battery docks. That's why I sold my Xoom and still can't get my hands on this one...yet.
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5375; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
yeah I soo loved the concept and the huge battery pump hope its worth the wait, ASUS hasn't left me down yet
14. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if its half the quality of their computer parts.. we are safe.. with room to spare.
5. Hello-dirt (Posts: 102; Member since: 02 May 2010)
I am laughing as I read this article and see the Xoom ad on the side that states "It is everything a tablet should be", except for affordable! Go ASUS.
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5375; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
its wifi only but a mifi or your smartphone can solve that
15. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
why would u want a 3g version? It would be more expencive and then u get a contracted plan with it too. give me wifi, let me use my lovely android to get some free 4g wifi tethering, and i got all i need.
16. NeXoS (Posts: 278; Member since: 03 May 2011)
get an Android phone and tether it! i have a rooted Evo and tethered 4G to the Xoom and tried the navigation, daym navi on a 10" is so cool!
only problem was...how the hell do you mount a 10" tablet to the dash? lol