Sharp unveils 5-inch 1080p Aquos Phone SH930W for Russia
However it is not all roses. The Sharp Aquos SH930W runs on a 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 chip with Adreno 225 graphics and that is just not enough to drive that many pixels. You’d notice this mostly in games - GLBenchmark 2.5 in one of its graphical tests only yielded 13.6 frames per second, while for normal gameplay you need around 30fps.
Competition in definitely heating up. HTC is bringing its Droid DNA with a similar 5-inch 1080p display, and others are rumored to follow suit. But so far, Sharp might have a chance to actually sell some of these.
1. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 216; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
"1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 chip with Adreno 225 graphics and that is just not enough to drive that many pixels"
Ok so why would we buy this?
4. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I stopped reading the article after this line
5. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1040; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
SHARP is oone of the best coming to displays but their overall phone product finishing needs a lot of work!
13. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Step it up just a bit more, Sharp
Be like ur name, sharp (as in smart, evolving, etc.)
10. ryq24 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
so what specs should one look for to have better experience playing games in their phone?
2. MeoCao (unregistered)
And the bezels look too thick, may be the real thing looks better?
6. byazatt (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
The screen technology is one of the best, just wish it could be found in an awesome toy maybe from HTC. but its a bad day for Sharp since most OEM are coming up with an awesome screen technology of their own. talk about LG and their LCD nova, IPS .. Sammy and their super AMOLED, SONY with Bravia ...itree and? ????
7. dexter_jdr (Posts: 830; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
how could.. screen resolution... affect performance?!?! O.o
9. byazatt (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I strongly hope he's being sarcastic otherwise that's rude technologically thinking
12. GeekMovement (Posts: 1110; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I'm still kind of thinking HTC when I look at the white colored device especially. Kind of resembles the One X from my eyes.
14. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
its a very good phone... but i wish its a s4 pro processor!
15. Mobilephile (Posts: 65; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
it'd be awesome if you guys had a review for this! Sick of the DNA, need more 5" options