Samsung's Windows Phone 8.1 app includes new features for the rear camera
Since the app is for Windows Phone 8.1 flavored models only, you will have to wait for Sammy to roll out a firmware update first, followed by the actual Windows Phone 8.1 update. We expect the Samsung ATIV S, Samsung ATIV SE, and the Samsung ATIV S Neo to be recipients of the new Windows Phone build.
If you own one of Samsung's Windows Phone flavored handsets, you should be looking forward to all of the new features that your phone will receive.
Samsung ATIV S
source: ATIVCamera via WPCentral
1. Doakie (Posts: 1247; Member since: 06 May 2009)
When is the 8.1 update rolling out? Anyone know?
3. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2003; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Should role out by end of this month or early next month. Didn't you get the developer preview?
5. yahia_malka (Posts: 97; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Depends on ur device , but anyway before July 2nd , that means just less than ten days
11. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 118; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
It's all carrier-dependent as always. Microsoft's own life cycle has 6/24 as the start date but it's meaningless unless you have a factory unlocked device.
10. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 118; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
My Neo has received every single update. Just because you probably don't own one doesn't mean it's treated like a red-headed stepchild.
4. risee2 (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Does any know how to keep my camera from freezing and resetting the phone after just touching the app.
7. Liveitup (Posts: 1204; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Ye, Lumia offers the best WP experience, though I miss my Dell Venue pro from time to time.
8. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2003; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I'm patiently waiting for HTC to release a WP version of their One M8.
12. joey_sfb (Posts: 2898; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
If I want WP phone I will buy Lumia too! Samsung support wouldn't be able to match Nokia as Nokia is 100% committed to WP.
Samsung just to get by from MS pressure on Windows licensing.
14. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 118; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Talk to owners of Lumia 810 or 620 and see how their support is doing. BTW, Nokia is not 100% committed to WP as evidenced by the Nokia X.
15. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 751; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Bringing this back from the dead... anyone know if WP 8.1 was ever rolled out to the device?