Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 announced: more compact, but nothing new under the hood
But look at the spec sheet, and you won’t notice an inch of a difference. The Galaxy Tab 3 has a 7-inch 1024 x 600 pixel display, a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM and 8GB or 16GB of internal storage. It’s also got a 3-megapixel rear and 1.3-megapixel front cameras. Yes, that is exactly the same configuration last year’s Galaxy Tab 2 had.
After carefully comparing the spec sheets, we did notice a single difference- the Galaxy Tab 3 is lighter with a weight of 0.66 pounds (302 g) compared to the 0.75lb (344 g) on the second-gen tablet. It’s also got narrower bezel, saving you a total of 0.44 inches (1.13cm) on the Y axis.
And that’s it. There is nothing else new. We hope it’s at least as cheap as last year’s Galaxy Tab 2 that is now sold for as low as $180 on Amazon.
source: Samsung Mobile
SEOUL, Korea, April 29, 2013 - Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, today announced the introduction of the GALAXY Tab 3 - 7-inch tablet featuring sleek design and enhanced capabilities that bring capabilities that bring better performance and multimedia experiences to your fingertips.
With the new GALAXY Tab 3, Samsung has evolved its range of innovative tablets, making them smaller and easier to carry, while increasing the user experience overall
• Easy Handgrip and Portability: Its compact, one-hand grip form factor ensures users can hold comfortably for hours as well as store in a pocket or small bag for reading and entertainment on the go. The sleek and stylish design encompasses thinner bezel than the previous GALAXY Tab 2 (7.0).
• Better Multimedia Performance: Powered by a 1.2GHz Dual Core processor, the device allows for faster downloads and sharing, while providing easy access to videos, apps, games, and the web. Offered with either 8/16 of internal storage plus up to 64GB of expandable memory, the device has plenty of space to hold your favorite photos, music, apps, videos and more.
• Enhanced User Experience: The GALAXY Tab 3 7-inch is equipped to better capture life’s moments in stunning clarity and resolution with its 3-megapixel camera rear camera and 1.3 -megapixel front camera. Combined with the latest Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), it allows users to share photos, videos, and life’s special moments through a few quick taps and swipes.
The GALAXY Tab 3 7-inch WiFi version will be available globally beginning May and 3G version will follow in June. The product availability varies by market and will be rolled out gradually.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 unveiled
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 1441; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
What's the difference from tab2?an updated uglier design?
12. hung2900 (Posts: 804; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
And no more good balanced stereo speaker like the predecesor. What's the point of that sh!tty update?
Love Samsung phones, hate Samsung tablets
33. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Same thing with what Samsung did with GS3 mini , take an GS advance , make it uglier , update it to jellybean and sell it for a higher price
34. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Also , I think they will discontinue the Tab 2
14. Kurai (unregistered)
Samesung Shamelaxy tab 3.0
28. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Just like every iPad ever released by Apple.
I think that sells well too
2. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
LOL!! They should have called it Galaxy Tab 2.1. Whats Samsung trying to do here?
I read somewhere that this device can make phone calls. Can anyone confirm this.
3. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
hahahah....Galaxy Tab 2s+....apple is inspiring samsung
4. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
samsung is loseing it's touch they are the new myspace everything is the same they give up
7. vandroid (Posts: 279; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
It's not like this is a flagship or high end model
8. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
i understand but i'm talking about everything samsung from phones to tablet's. i don't know what happaned to them if they are lazy or give up or what who knows but they don't impress as a company anymore
5. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Galaxy tabs look boring... They will be outshined by other better tabs soon.
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Shut up and take my money ^__^
17. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i dont think so ...... note8 is better than this siht
25. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Shut up and DON'T take my money =_='
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 11951; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
As I've said before, the next wave of true innovation is a few years away. Samsung is trying their best in the software area...but seems to have hit the wall in hardware.
15. SaElestra (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Congrats samsung. New trash introduce to the world
18. ashisharbola (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Why they even introduce it....when they have nothing new ???
19. tadaa (Posts: 250; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
samsung: we need a new idea for the our next 7 inch tab, let's make it smaller!
20. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I hate to say this, but, this is a TRASH! Sorry, SameSung!
21. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Tablets = Asus!
22. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Xperia Z tablet looks much sexy!
23. baller23 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Atlest they could have incresed the resolution as lower ppi screens don't suite the majority these days.
24. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I'm surprised that Samsung is still trying on the low end with the Nexus 7 still on the market.
26. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Hahahahaha....... Calling this thing tab 3 is a good joke from samsung. Samsung, google brought out quadcore processor based tablet last yr. itself, and it was cheaper than your tab 2, and it also had HD screen................ Why the hell you always wait for Apple to upgrade the hardware, and then copy it........?????
27. cR203 (Posts: 188; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
As a samsung fan I have to say i'm somewhat disappointed with the galaxy tab 3. Beside the ui its really nothing exciting or worth buying.
29. downphoenix (Posts: 2357; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
With these specs, its a hard sell at anything above $150... so Samsung will probably mark it as $250.
30. Altair (Posts: 325; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Laugh! Shamesung strikes again. This time they didin't find anything to steal, so they simply copied last years model and label it as tab 3!